• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Skaran Faire Archery Sign up and Prize list!!!!

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As previously announced, April 8th at 8:30pm EST we will be holding the Skara Brae Faire. The prize list for each event is listed below. Additionally, Please sign up for the Archery tournament in this thread as entries will only be accepted until Friday, April 4th at 11:00pm Eastern.

Archery!

• First Place Prize for Archery: A completely imbued Composite Bow or Crossbow and 1ok deed of bolts/arrows
  • Second Place: 5k Deed for bolts/arrows and 1 million gold in check form.

Potluck ala Rangers: Favorite Dish
  • Prize: 2 million gold in check form.
Seed Collection: Most brought in
  • Prize: Seed box Vet Reward
Spiritual Story Contest: Favorite Story

• Prize: Folded Steel Reading Glasses

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to send a message. I will answer promptly.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll sign up for Archery, As who is yet to be confirmed but I'll be there.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Esteemed Governor's for the use of titles for our winner. *curtsies* I have added two additional names to the complete list of those who have signed up here. And I will continue to check back!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have sent word to the king of these festivities on behalf of the Rangers of Spiritwood.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm really going to try and make this but my daughter has a softball game at 6:30 est.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of us that have never entered an Archery Tournament before... What are the rules? How's it done etc..?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I remember, you can have everyone shoot and tally up individual high scores and create a pool of the highest scores to then re-shoot until a highest score is reached.

Or you can make one v one matches via brackets and have the winners advance within the bracket.

In either case will need to declare how many shots per round each contestant is allowed to take.

An example:

In a round, you could have Joe vs. Sam and allow them to each take 5 shots and the one with the highest score will go up against the winner of another match up. Keep advancing like this until you have determined a winner.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Excellent questions and points made! So the rules are as follows:

• Groups of 3 people will each take five shots and their scores added up.
  • The top one of each set of three people will move on to the next round.
  • This will continue until we have a winner.
  • Additionally, because this is an event where its score based, and because we have people on separate time zones: A preliminary round for those unable to make the tournament will be set for earlier in the day and their scores recorded. This will be observed by a group of people so as to keep above scrutiny.
I freely admit this is my first archery tournament so, I am open to suggestions, comments, questions, etc.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was always partial to Society of Archers way of setting bars for rounds back before scrolls they'd roll 70 110 150 200 250 with three shots so people wouldn't compete against each other until they made it through all the rounds. Then there would be a shoot out.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So do we bring our own "best bow" or is the field leveled with everyone using an NPC plain bow? And what are we shooting at? I know these sound like totally noob questions but if you never did something before dumb little questions might make you say " I don't know how that would work so I'm just gonna pass over it"

I'm assuming we're gonna use one of them archery buttes I played with a little back in 1998..

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I seriously considered making it a live target at first.. but no, it will be an archery butte that you shoot at. Secondly, It will be gm made bows to keep the playing field level and even. They will be handed out as the contestants take their turn. None of these are dumb questions. They are ones I really should have answered before! Ask away!

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish i could sign up it sound like fun but my archer is the wrong color lol
Can't you eat a pardon or something? I never did a red before so this may be a dumb question.

I hate to see ya left out Mare...

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it take a lot of pardon to turn her blue again but it okay i come watch on mare

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't we have someone keep score for any reds that want to participate in Felucca?

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
After much consideration, For those who have a red.. and wish to Enter the archery tournament we will be holding a second arm of the tournament on the Fel side, zone much like we will hold the earlier rounds for those who cannot be there due to time constraints.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are citizens of Britain I too will also grant a title.... oh wait nvm.... sorry citizens! LOL

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I will grant titles for any citizens of New Magincia for any reason, anytime, just message me if you want one.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should use the abundance of wood to make and sell Yewville Sluggers.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will do the same for those of Yew. Which by the way I am changing the name of Yew to Yewville.
I think you need permission from the king for such changes.
Otherwise Skara Brae would be named "Flutter Island"

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what about all the Yews down in Yewville?
They like Yewville a lot.
But Va'lis who does not live in Yewville does not.
Va'lis just hates us
Throughout all the seasons
And when we asked why
He did not give a reason

It could be perhaps,
that his shorts are too tight
Or maybe his head
Is not screwed on just right
But the most likely reason
At least as I see
Is that Va'lis is simply
As mean as can be

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yew never send us cards or letters, And you missed all our birthdays. Plus you are sort of stabby and blow uppy.

Had a fun time at the Skara Faire. Thanks for putting it on. Shame that the wind caused so many issues for the archers.