• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Skara Brae - The Danger is Real (Elect Gunga Din)

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not many of you remember the stories of old, but one particular story needs to be revisited....

Long ago, the Evil Wizard Mangar the Dark threatened Skara Brae. Creatures roamed the streets of Skara Brae and joined Mangar's Domain.

Mangar cast a spell of Eternal Winter upon the city which froze the surrounding water, isolating it from the mainland and trapping all the citizens !

It was then, that a group made up of unproven warriors, Junior Magic Users, Young Bards that couldn't handle their ale and a few out of work rogues joined together to seek out Mangar. I was one of the unproven, but we had no choice, so we ventured into Mangar's lair beneath Skara Brae.

Many of us fell in battle as we explored further and further into the depths until one day we had reached the final chamber.

The battle was torturous but we were able to defeat the last of Mangar's Minions. A handful of us remained, but as we charged our evil foe, Mangar opened up a portal and fled. Solex, a young mage at the time, found a Crystal Sword embedded in a sphere that contained an image of the entire island of Skara Brae.

We removed the sword and shattered the sphere....the spell of Eternal Winter was broken.

Many stories arose of our heroics, having slain and defeated Mangar but many never realized we had only caused him to flee. We never knew where the portal had transported Mangar, the fear was he could always return.....I fear he has..

Recently, I was at a tavern in Skara Brae. It was a typical night, the fireplace was roaring, the ale was flowing and people were singing. Something then caught my eye...an elderly Bard was sitting by himself in the corner of the tavern. He began to sing...

The song I sing
Will tell the tale
of a cold and wintery day;
Of castle walls
And torchlit halls
And a price men had to pay.
When evil fled
And brave men bled
The Dark one came to stay,
'Til men of old
For blood and gold
Had rescued Skara Brae.

I sat closer to him and when he finished singing he looked at me and said "Gunga Din, Mangar has returned..prepare yourselves....." and then he vanished within a blinding light.

I was there when we defeated Mangar years ago and this is why I have returned. To defend Skara Brae and finally end the threat of Mangar the Dark !!

Vote Gunga Din Governor of Skara Brae !! I'm the only one who can lead us against this Evil !!

Skara Brae Shall not Fall !!

* This message paid for by Lord Gareth *

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not many of you remember the stories of old, but one particular story needs to be revisited....

Long ago, the Evil Wizard Mangar the Dark threatened Skara Brae. Creatures roamed the streets of Skara Brae and joined Mangar's Domain.

Mangar cast a spell of Eternal Winter upon the city which froze the surrounding water, isolating it from the mainland and trapping all the citizens !

It was then, that a group made up of unproven warriors, Junior Magic Users, Young Bards that couldn't handle their ale and a few out of work rogues joined together to seek out Mangar. I was one of the unproven, but we had no choice, so we ventured into Mangar's lair beneath Skara Brae.

Many of us fell in battle as we explored further and further into the depths until one day we had reached the final chamber.

The battle was torturous but we were able to defeat the last of Mangar's Minions. A handful of us remained, but as we charged our evil foe, Mangar opened up a portal and fled. Solex, a young mage at the time, found a Crystal Sword embedded in a sphere that contained an image of the entire island of Skara Brae.

We removed the sword and shattered the sphere....the spell of Eternal Winter was broken.

Many stories arose of our heroics, having slain and defeated Mangar but many never realized we had only caused him to flee. We never knew where the portal had transported Mangar, the fear was he could always return.....I fear he has..

Recently, I was at a tavern in Skara Brae. It was a typical night, the fireplace was roaring, the ale was flowing and people were singing. Something then caught my eye...an elderly Bard was sitting by himself in the corner of the tavern. He began to sing...

The song I sing
Will tell the tale
of a cold and wintery day;
Of castle walls
And torchlit halls
And a price men had to pay.
When evil fled
And brave men bled
The Dark one came to stay,
'Til men of old
For blood and gold
Had rescued Skara Brae.

I sat closer to him and when he finished singing he looked at me and said "Gunga Din, Mangar has returned..prepare yourselves....." and then he vanished within a blinding light.

I was there when we defeated Mangar years ago and this is why I have returned. To defend Skara Brae and finally end the threat of Mangar the Dark !!

Vote Gunga Din Governor of Skara Brae !! I'm the only one who can lead us against this Evil !!

Skara Brae Shall not Fall !!

* This message paid for by Lord Gareth *
:eyes:

Fred Din

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry I could not respond during the debate tonight. Mangar cast a Mind Meld Spell on me and I was fending him off the entire debate. He entered my mind and showed me one horror after another....thankfully Ozog brought me to my senses and I was able to fend off this mental attack.

WhatNowAnotherNerf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Vote Tina For Governor Skara Brae... Gunga weaves a web of Deceit and lies. He will abandon the fine people of Skara after he has poisoned them with his lies. He calls upon the deeds of others like they were his own and seeks to use fear as tool to gets his way. I say NO the Fuzzy Bunny that is Gunga Din!!!!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Vote Tina For Governor Skara Brae... Gunga weaves a web of Deceit and lies. He will abandon the fine people of Skara after he has poisoned them with his lies. He calls upon the deeds of others like they were his own and seeks to use fear as tool to gets his way. I say NO the Fuzzy Bunny that is Gunga Din!!!!
He's a fuzzy bunny? :confused: