• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sinking Ship or just poor business practise

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged into my UO account and found that it has been closed?????? I didn't closed it and the only advisement I received was that some issue with my payment, which prior to this has been going through ok for that last 10 years.

Hmm well lets try activating the account, that seems logical. Ahhhh not so easy to give them money, everytime I try I get an error message thrown at me.

Ok lets try customer support well the response there was it seems it is such a 'senstive matter' that I have to make an international toll call at my cost.......hmmm that doesnt seem right.

Ok the point of my rant is....................has anyone else had this sort of issues recently and if so how did you resolve it??? Yes I have updated the EA/Mythic account and linked them.

Maybe they have killed the hampster and Oceania has sunk into the sea. I hope not I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try this page
Why can it's mostly about cancelling, but there's a paragraph that I think applies here too.

There's also other relevant pages linked at the bottom.

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks looked there but not much help. I recieved yet another stupid generic email from the support site saying to ring, not even refering to or having read what I had outlined. I finally managed to find where I could update my billing details and hopefully that will do the trick. Its certainly not obvious and about 3 levels down, geeesh what a rigmoreroll.

F

Fink

I recieved yet another stupid generic email from the support site saying to ring, not even refering to or having read what I had outlined. I finally managed to find where I could update my billing details and hopefully that will do the trick. Its certainly not obvious and about 3 levels down, geeesh what a rigmoreroll.
If you think that's fun, try cancelling your billing on purpose. After being bounced from canned-email to evasive phone "support" around a dozen times, I eventually had to brute-force unsubscribe by having my credit card people put an international banking injunction on EA. I know it's been said many times over the years but they really need to work on their people skills.

Good luck with your stuff.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will find that your Mythic Master account or whatever it's called is your UO passowrd and log in name. :) Hope that helps, that was my issue.