• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since when can houses be placed on top of Towers?

• Thread starter Marcus Blackwell
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Marcus Blackwell

Just found a large tower in Fel with a small wood house placed on top of it. Since when can houses be placed on top of large towers? Now this isnt a mini house this is an acutal house owned by someone totaly different then the person that owns the tower.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll probably find a small wooden house on that spot in Trammel - just an occasional quirk when you switch between facets/shards, the house you're seeing on top of the tower isn't actually in Felucca.

G

GhostGL

Ah since UO first started. That was pretty common back in the day. But yeah they changed that so you can't. I remember one time we left a dragon in this dudes small house on top of his large tower.

S

SirButch

The house your seeing is probally thier. Its most likly not a qwirk or mess up. Long time ago you were able to do so. I remember seeing a few towers like that back in the day.

G

GL_Seller

Yep houses on top of towers was common way back in the day. I had one on my tower but back then u needed the keys to refresh houses. My buddy went on vacation and didnt leave me a key so it vanished. Sucks. Would have been nice to still have it up there.

T

The Home Guild

Many years back i bought a fel tower with a small shack on roof you needed 2 diff accts...only one left on atl like that and i sold to the gm of DOM guild...
only for him to explore and customize the tower and make the small fall to the plot and then it got stuck and ruined and lost forever.

I regret ever losing a peice of history for a buck.

:(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I remember seeing one on Cats I think. It was a long time ago...

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Many years back i bought a fel tower with a small shack on roof you needed 2 diff accts...only one left on atl like that and i sold to the gm of DOM guild...
only for him to explore and customize the tower and make the small fall to the plot and then it got stuck and ruined and lost forever.

I regret ever losing a peice of history for a buck.

:(

Aww he shoulda customized the small house hehe. I wonder. if you mark a rune inside the house on a small tower does it recall you to the Tower Roof? heh

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a still a few of these on baja, Large tower with 3 smalls surrounding the tower porch, and a small house on the tower roof. We used to be able to have one house per char, so the ones that are left are stuck on the grandfathered account. Unless someone wants to use 5 accounts for one.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes a very long time ago there were no house rules. VERY long ago. My buddy actually placed his small house on top of the mage tower in Shame!!!

S

Sunrise

Ok on the shame one..thats good!

I do beleive but I could be wrong...at one time On Napa valley around Ice Island in Fel there is a castly or a keep with a small house on the roof..

Been awhile since I seen it tho..

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a still a few of these on baja, Large tower with 3 smalls surrounding the tower porch, and a small house on the tower roof. We used to be able to have one house per char, so the ones that are left are stuck on the grandfathered account. Unless someone wants to use 5 accounts for one.
I was glad to see this tower was still around when I scouted last week after a longer than a year hiatus. Shocked to see what happened to the golden brew though. :(

J

JohnWayne

The tower on baja is mine small house on tower and 3 small houses blocking tower door each char has a house they are all grandfathered

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just found a large tower in Fel with a small wood house placed on top of it. Since when can houses be placed on top of large towers? Now this isnt a mini house this is an acutal house owned by someone totaly different then the person that owns the tower.
Since the good ol' days. Of course they did change it after some time.

Still got at least one left on Sonoma on Ice Island.

*ponders*

Would be cool if you could customize that house on the tower :D

Z

Zodiac19

The tower on baja is mine small house on tower and 3 small houses blocking tower door each char has a house they are all grandfathered

I've always wondered how you get to the front door of the tower with the three little houses blocking???

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always wondered how you get to the front door of the tower with the three little houses blocking???
When there was no Tram, you had to have a rune to get into that spot. After Tram you could use a moonstone from Tram to get into that location.

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still one or two towers with small houses on top left on Pacific. There used to be quite a few back in the early days ('97 and '98).
Runes could be marked to get into the space at the centre of the 'three little house in front of the door' configuration.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember seeing one on Cats I think. It was a long time ago...
Not sure if it's the same one you're mentioning, but there's still at least one on Cats. Near the swamps outside Brit. It's a couple screens from my Keep.

Napa used to have two or three off these. I think they're gone now, along with so much more of our history :(