• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Since so many people don´t seem to know what shard they play on...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How about we make it a rule on this forum that forces them to take two seconds out of their lives to look at the upper part of the game window, find out what shard they are on and then post it here as part of the thread title and/or in their selling/buying post?

No shard name = removal of thread or something.

Moderators, what say ye?
Thanks.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I dont guess I have noticed a problem with this really. A lot of the time if it doesn't state a shard then its on ATL. That has been my experience. If I have something on another shard than ATL then I say that...if its on ATL I just list it for sale.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
tbh i've yet to see it as an issue... 90% of the **** people sell/buy is on atl... And the rest of it can easily be moved there.

THe only people who seem to have an issue with it are the non-conformists who hate shard shields. Also it's just as easy to ask what server an item is on, as it is to post what server the item is on, and if anything the opportunity to do that provides what seems to be a now rare chance to actually interact with a seller/buyer... Outside of "Xm. XXm. XXXm.. Xb." etc

People here are human beings, they make mistakes and they forget things... It's honestly not only on the seller to provide info on where an item is, but also a potential buyer's responsibility to know where the item is that they are trying to buy. Should a seller be reprimanded for forgetting to or failing to initially state where the item is? Sure, if stratics wants to still be around and used at all. Otherwise it's a stupid idea.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fair points I guess.
However, each shard forum has a trade forum for a reason. So if we use one of the logics above then the Atl sellers should post on the Atl Trade Forum and buyers from other shards have to go visit that forum and take it from there. So not much point in having this forum then.

But since we do have it and it´s a multi-shard trade forum a requirement such as the one I suggested isn´t asking much.

mellifluant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I dont really have a dog in the fight, as I dont trade much on here, and havent had an issue thus far... but I dont see why a little shard dropdown next to the buying/selling/pricecheck prefix would hurt.