• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since new expansion i can not make a target/ attack closest monster macro

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As title says i can longer make a macro for target closest and attack current target in enhanced client..
This has been happening since the expansion came out.. And it is extremely annoying and a huge pain when trying to spawn with my sampire.. Having to keep pulling up gumps dbl clicking then trying to x out of the gump when the monster dies..

I try to add these icons to my bar and they automatlcly turn into feeblemind and heal spells instead of the target closest and attack current target..

When i try to make a button macro they wont work either.

Can you please please fix this. It is making it a huge huge pain to go hunting anything with multiple monsters.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are running EC and Pinco, try updating Pinco.
I haven't encountered such problem with the default UI and I don't do any hunting with Pinco UI, but an outdated Pinco could be the problem here.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how I have it setup with a macro:

1. Target nearest enemy
2. Special move (either primary or secondary)
3. Attack current target

I do use Pinco UI and not the default UI if that makes any difference.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like a third world country trying to build a water park in the middle of a drought. :)

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run EC and i do not use pincos.
Without having this macro it makes running spawns 100 times harder for me. when you are surrounded by 30 plus monsters it is terribly hard to click on a monster close enough to hit, esp when its something small like snakes.. Not to mention constantly dbl clicking yourself trying to hit a monster, which makes me hop off my pet and then he runs away and dies..

when i add Target nearest enemy or Attack current target, this is what happends. it shows the icon but the icon gets labeled heal or feeblemind and does not work..

@Mesanna @Kyronix Can you guys please look into this and try to fix it for me.

bugged.jpg

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I run EC and i do not use pincos.
Without having this macro it makes running spawns 100 times harder for me. when you are surrounded by 30 plus monsters it is terribly hard to click on a monster close enough to hit, esp when its something small like snakes.. Not to mention constantly dbl clicking yourself trying to hit a monster, which makes me hop off my pet and then he runs away and dies..
lol your troubles remind me of something provo bards deal with.... all the time

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try using the Mobiles Bars function. The target last/closest etc, never works well. When I do spawns, I have the Grey/Red/Orange Dockspots out and it's sorted by nearest mob, so I just double click the top bar on the dockspot. Works like a champ. Mobile bars are like the best thing in EC.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd suggest three things:

1. Make a backup of your character file that is in documents\ea games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\[account name]\[shard name] and delete the original file.
Log back in and try to build the macro again. If it doesn't work, delete the new blank slate file that was created for your character and restore the backup file.
2. At the patcher screen, check the "Perform full file check" option and let it run.
3. If both actions fail, try uninstalling and reinstalling the EC to see if the situation is fixed. Make a backup of your user data folder in the path listed above just in case before uninstalling and reinstalling.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thing I would suggest is 'Actions' > 'other' > 'ignore mouse actions on self'. That will stop you dismounting by accident. The only way to dismount if you set that is by double clicking the picture on your lifebar.
Second thing I would suggest is 'actions' > 'other'> 'close all healthbars'. That will clear all the open bars you've pulled off that didn't disappear when the darn thing died.
When you have that you can use the 'mobiles' bars to target, enable distance sort (right click on the open/close arrow) and you should be good to go.
I found ages ago that using the dynamic targeting options caused my game to crash, so I just stopped using them.

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As title says i can longer make a macro for target closest and attack current target in enhanced client..
This has been happening since the expansion came out.. And it is extremely annoying and a huge pain when trying to spawn with my sampire.. Having to keep pulling up gumps dbl clicking then trying to x out of the gump when the monster dies..

I try to add these icons to my bar and they automatlcly turn into feeblemind and heal spells instead of the target closest and attack current target..

When i try to make a button macro they wont work either.

Can you please please fix this. It is making it a huge huge pain to go hunting anything with multiple monsters.
i just made a macro to target nearest enemy>secondary special>attack current target. set the hotkey to <Tab> key, and it worked perfectly. have you tried setting one up like this?