• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since EA refused a Classic Server! Seems something VERY close might be coming...

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a new game that looks like it's FINALLY doing what others have failed when they promised a sandbox we all love and miss (pre AoS).

The name may be a bit misleading, but just take two seconds to look at the front page:

Greed Monger - A Crafting focused MMORPG

what's that? Skills, player homes, RARES market? hrrrrrm :)
I pray it does amazingly well and EA is forced to admit they made a HUGE mistake on ignoring all of us who championed the cause!!​

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks very interesting. I'm old skool and don't really like the first person way to move around. I will definitely give it a shot when it arrives.

Thanks for sharing.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks very interesting. I'm old skool and don't really like the first person way to move around. I will definitely give it a shot when it arrives.

Thanks for sharing.
it seems birds-eye view will never come back again =(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading up on this a bit more. Seems its going to be free to play but they are going to sell the land. Interesting.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading up on this a bit more. Seems its going to be free to play but they are going to sell the land. Interesting.
yeah, it's an interesting way to handle it. I'm not sure if it's to prevent things like people placing houses all over the place. Or since you own land and not just the house that sits on it, it's the easiest way to arrange it?

I'll be honest, I bought houses in UO for real life cash before, so I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't cost me a billion dollars ;)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
OMG...this looks realy cool - is this a dream? I always dreamed of UO looking like that! And if you watch the latest video, you can zoom out of 1st person which is mandatory for me!
Realy looking forward to this!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
F.A.Q
So, is Greed Monger like Ultima Online or what?
All of us building Greed Monger loved and admired Ultima Online and it would be a lie to say it isn't a strong influence in our goals for Greed Monger, but it's in no way connected to or related to Greed Monger. Ultima Online was a master piece that to this day has never been emulated. Our goal is to take the best elements of UO and some other games and combine them into a modern 3D world.

Husky (SP)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really get the argument on how AoS killed UO. Yes - It did make it more item based, but even since AoS each year, people still find ways to do new things.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does non-instanced housing mean?
It's like UO. Houses are in the real world.

Instanced houses are where there is multiple copies of the same house zone, like in LoTRO. You may own the big mansion on the hill, but so do 100 other players.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So this game got funding of 90,000 $ and is set to get into Alpha end of April! I wrote an article on this game and a recent update on my blog! you can find them here. I am mega excited about this game.. I hope that it all pans out!

Lord Djinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is done. Richard Garriott is back and making what UO vets and fans alike have been asking EA for the past 13 years to do. So long EA, nice job sucking.

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have begged for years for a classic server... It's never going to happen :(