• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sign this petition.

• Thread starter SUPRsalad
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i really doubt they will change it..there would have to go through and change all the quest descriptions when something tells you go a certin direction..

S

SUPRsalad

but, if it had two 'modes?' ... eh.. eh?? 'old mode' and 'gemma's mode' :pancakes:
edit: but all seriousness, can we have 'quest mode' and 'NORMAL MODE'!?!?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally think the map is great how it's already constructed.. Sorry Gemma, not this time. :thumbdown:

S

SUPRsalad

Why? Why is it great that when telling noobs 'go north' they go up and get lost/killed by a reaper or something?

I've calculated $1164 dollars i've paid monthly to play this game on one account alone. . Not sure about the other acct, but I know it was close to getting its vet rewards before i shut it off. . I feel like im slightly entitled to pancake. .

When all the arguments coming against an idea sound like voodoo, its probably a good idea. . .

S

SUPRsalad

its true, tho, if you read what i am saying in the thread, you will see that there is not a REAL argument, that can be diffused..

even the people that are like 'uuuh.. no.', or 'i like it 'classic'', can easily be satisfied because you can have it that way.. All i want is an option to NOT rotate 45 degrees. I want people to stop telling me to go north when they mean 'up and right'. . its so stupid!

S

SUPRsalad

more or less, this is an interesting way to spend a morning..
diffusing senseless arguments.. seriously, just senseless guys. .

seriously, aside from 'then it would be all confusing and stuff, cus theres two different map settings people are going off of', argument, its all just voodoo.. Kinda like how the US STILL refuses to adopt the METRIC system like the REST of the world.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but with a toggle you don't know which map people are using. Is north up on their map, or up and right?

Besides, if anyone playing doesn't realize the big N on the map means north, they have more serious issues than a pretend death in an online game.

S

SUPRsalad

its just .bmp files extracted from the current .mul files, modified, then 'patched', again.. While they are at it, they can fix that, too:

*dodges a punch*
hey man, take it easy, that came STRAIT from the game.. put the infraction stick DOWN...

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i really doubt they will change it..there would have to go through and change all the quest descriptions when something tells you go a certin direction..
Kind of but not really, The land is separate from the map. and the direction of the map has no real bearing on player position. if your told to go north then you go north. If north was at the top of the map it wouldn't change north in the lands. Being that UO is a game that thrives on player customization they should allow someone to tilt/ rotate the map how they see fit. as it is now it doesn't bother me Im pretty used to it and prob keep it the same but there are others out there who would want to change it and should be able to.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not tryin to shutdown your idea but i really dont see it happening..

it would have made total sense from the beginning to have it your way, i just cant see them spending the cycles on it..

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not tryin to shutdown your idea but i really dont see it happening..

it would have made total sense from the beginning to have it your way, i just cant see them spending the cycles on it..
Any time soon at least, there are many other things that need to be fixed that should take a higher priority and that is 100% understandable.

S

SUPRsalad

Yes, aparently, changing stupid, tilted, tiny, map thing, is a much harder paradigm to change than the united states standard of measurement..

Oh well..

....bye.

S

SUPRsalad

oh yeah.. once again, underestimated the senseless stubbornness of man.

M

Mongbat Kid

um what about expanding your compass vocabulay, I have no problem telling people NW when I mean straight up

S

SUPRsalad

you think right.. Lock it up, because the next moron to come in here, NOT read the actual petition thread, NOT read what spent time saying, NOT understanding the fundamentals of what I am saying, and go

'its fine the way it is, you just have to memorize it'

or

'i don't have a problem with it, you have a problem with it? you must be stupid'

or

'then we'd have to change the whole world!'

I swear to god, im going to come unglued..

Wargasm, by the way, is the only man in ten shards that has some sense just to say

'it would have made sense , IF it were from the get-go, but its too late now'.

Now, THAT, is true. . .

seriously, lock it up, cus the next d-bag is gonna get me banned from stratics..

(i got 15pts infraction for defending my stance yesterday??)

Status
Not open for further replies.