• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sig Issues

G

I've entered my Sig into the Box and hit save. It's not showing when i post?
What is going on?

It is from TSOmaina.net from the sig creator?

G

if you're using one of the signatures from tsomania (or whatever it's called now) they're having issues with them showing up...
"Basically due to a combination of the web services being down and the popularity of the signatures, it put a very high load on the server and the account was suspended. The main site is back but the signatures are still unavailable at the moment. "

G

The signature generator is back now, but unfortunately in order to get it back and to please our web host we had to take away the ability for them to update on the fly. Updating them on the fly uses a lot of system resources (even with caching) and at the time our account was suspended we had over 200 signatures being created at once, so you can see why we were shut down. Hopefully this solution will please everyone, and not cause any more trouble with our hosting service. You can still update your signature after you have created it by using the generator again.

If you still want to have people see your latest avatar/lot information, there is a link provided to your avatar/lot profile page when you create the signature.

It’s quite disappointing it didn't work out the way I had wanted, but I hope you all still find them useful.

I

imported_Armonia

so you are saying they will not update on their own? I tried to re do it but the info on the new one was the same. Can you help?

G

I would just use the avatar profile instead of the picture thing.
Like what I have as my signature... that way people can click it and see your avatar AND lot, and it updates properly.

G

1. go to ealandmania.net
2. scroll down on the left where it says "avatar search" under "tools"
3. type in your sim's name, and click "search"
4. click on your sim to go to their "avatar profile"
5. copy the url in the location bar
6. paste it into where you edit your signature on stratics
7. should look like this... <font color="brown">web page</font>

the blue part is where your link should be, and the brown is what you want your link to say

looks like a lot of work, but it's really pretty simple... hope this helps

I

imported_Armonia

thanks. My sig updated so I don't know if I will use that yet. Thanks for the info.