• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege RoT system feedback poll DRAFT (input requested)

G

Feedback poll draft. Give some input on what I may have missed on options, and when I feel enough of the bases are covered, I (or someone else with Plus account) can post an actual poll.

*edit*

Poll is up! You do not have to vote to see the results.

Thanks for all the constructive discussion!

-Skylark

G

Modification of starting point in consideration of the addition of powerscrolls?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Modification of starting point in consideration of the addition of powerscrolls?

[/ QUOTE ]Good point, but don;t you think modification of daily limits may take care of that? Imagine instead of 3.6 (or whatever) for 70s, it was like 7.2 or something, and then instead of ... 2.1? for 80s, it would be like 4.2, and then after 100 it would be 2.1? Or something along these lines. That way if I want to take skills to 100 I am still faced with RoT, just not as harsh. And then to get to 120 wouldn;t take so long either.

The only option I am truely against is removal of daily limits. Because then Siege would be WAY too easy to skill. I would rather us be able to sit down for two minutes and get all our gains to cap done (with no timers) once a day than sit down for one day and get all my skills to 120 with timers:)

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 3 tiers right now:

RoT tier 1: 70.1 to 80
RoT tier 2: 80.1 to 98
RoT tier 3: 98.1 to 120

Perhaps the addition of a 4th tier in the post "elder" range?

Example:

RoT tier 1: 70.1 to 80
RoT tier 2: 80.1 to 98
RoT tier 3: 98.1 to 110
RoT tier 4: 110.1 to 120

Keep in mind, to give helpful feedback, we need to try to clearly focus our choices as players, on if/how we want RoT to change. This will give the developers objective criteria to consider. No one poll is going to be able to fit all ideas on the matter, but it can help us to identify prevailing opinions toward whether changes are wanted and if so, what those changes should involve. This is a draft for such a poll, for discussion on identifying, and narrowing down those options, not meant to be taken as the poll itself.

-Skylark

S

Stealth Caster

Well not sure which one I would want if I had to choose. I don't mind the ROT system as it is but that is me. I do think that others from production shards are turned off by it. So I would like to see the ROT system be one in which you keep all the timers the same throughout, but instead of only gaining say 3.7 from 70-80 a day, make it to where you could gain 3.7 a day per skill.

My reasoning on this is that I have seen posts from vets that say they are bette pvpers than this person or that person. So to me they are saying that if we are equals I have more talent than you do. So it is not the skills that the person has on, it is the skill of the person controlling the character. This might attract some players over and still make it to where it will take some time to have a skilled character to be able to compete in the eyes of the new players.

G

Timer and gain cap should be modified. Where the tiering begins should be modified.

Oh, and another thing - make all Siege rule set shards accessible by newbies. We want the "accidental" newbies playing on here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would say just remove caps on gains...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would work, too!

That way, I can macro all day (attended, of course!). :p

G

Aye, thinking about ROT, I'd like to see it updated, but not ended.

1. Daily gains need to be adjusted to make it easier/faster to cap skills
2. The 15 minute delay between gains is just torture, it should be 5 minutes all the way to 120.
3. Bring back the blackrock training areas! Those were fun!

I

imported_mo'gluk

agreed... except the 15 minute thing I kinda like that adds that special kick to the danglies I have come to expect from Siege.....

1. take away daily caps
2. add blackrock areas or provide a way to get alacrity scrolls

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

agreed... except the 15 minute thing I kinda like that adds that special kick to the danglies I have come to expect from Siege.....

1. take away daily caps
2. add blackrock areas or provide a way to get alacrity scrolls

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno man, I think if any thing, daily caps are the most important feature of a RoT based system. Otherwise I can macro a character to 6x120 in... what, 10 hours under the current timing? (I totally guesdimated that from 5*10+10*10+15*30, correct me if im way off). I think thats a little silly.
The only way I could see no daily caps working is by implementing VERY HIGH timing between gains, which I dislike even more:-/

G

I think there should be caps and times. I think adjusting the current system upwards is worth exploring. Keep the caps and times, just have RoT start at 90 rather than 70.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

I dunno man, I think if any thing, daily caps are the most important feature of a RoT based system. Otherwise I can macro a character to 6x120 in... what, 10 hours under the current timing? (I totally guesdimated that from 5*10+10*10+15*30, correct me if im way off). I think thats a little silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! I think the cap should probably be increased some, but there definitely needs to be a cap in place for that very reason.

I also think that rot starting at 70 is fine and should not be changed.

I'd like to see something like the following:

RoT Starts at 70.0

RoT tier 1: 70.1 to 90 - 5 Minutes
RoT tier 2: 90.1 to 120 -10 Minutes

The skill cap 5 to 7 points per day

Edit - I would also like to see randomly spawning Blackrock gain area's in T2A for those who would like to gain faster... with a little risk involved, of course!

K

Kat SP

LOL I think you're right! When have we ever had everyone in agreement?! hehe

I have to say that I really liked the Blackrock gains! Alacrity scrolls.. eh, not so much. I've used a couple, but something about them just doesn't seem right with all the logging in/out and extra gains at no risk. With the Blackrock gain area's, there was risk involved in the reward and there were people everywhere! I have never seen T2A so active with players and it was an awesome opportunity to meet people, vet and new player's alike.

I remember it being the first time I ever met Mo in game. He was hanging out with Rykus, so I stopped to chat and try to mine some blackrock. I found a really good spot and gave all my rocks to Mo, who would blow them up trying to cast armageddon. Of course, he blew himself up more than anything, but I was a blackrock digging fool! hehe We also came away from the Blackrock event with several new initiates.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Agreed! I think the cap should probably be increased some, but there definitely needs to be a cap in place for that very reason.

I also think that rot starting at 70 is fine and should not be changed.

I'd like to see something like the following:

RoT Starts at 70.0

RoT tier 1: 70.1 to 90 - 5 Minutes
RoT tier 2: 90.1 to 120 -10 Minutes

The skill cap 5 to 7 points per day

Edit - I would also like to see randomly spawning Blackrock gain area's in T2A for those who would like to gain faster... with a little risk involved, of course!

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this very much. I would hate to see Rot starting at 90 because there are quite a few skills that are an incredible grind.
I loved the Blackrock area and the gain Vs risk, not to mention how it brought people together.

I

imported_Magnolia

4.) Modification of both daily gain limits AND timers between gains for all tiers

Please

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I like #4 the best, but it may be the most tedious to implement. In the interest of expediting a change, I would also be in favor of removing it completely.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

ROT starts at 80.

You can get gains every 5 minutes from 80-120. Gains are capped at 6 points per day.

7XGM in 24 days if you get every gain every day. 6XLegendary in 40 days if you get every gain every day.

So, about a month to get a character finished.

I like the idea of keeping the time between gains short. 5 minutes beats the heck out of 15. Less time skilling=more time playing.

I also like the idea of keeping the cap the same at all levels. ROT is confusing right now. Simplify it.

While we are at it, change vet rewards so that anyone can use them. You would still get them as you age. Can you imagine starting UO today and having to wait 2 years to dye leather or 3 years to ride an ethy? What is the point? There won't be anyone here in 3 years.

A

Azural Kane

Set delay between gains to 5 minutes, double or triple the number of gains per day...

G

I prefer the blackrock areas to the alacrity scrolls.

Alacrity scrolls you can use in the safety of your home, and people log out/in for a few weeks to get the most from them - putting them out of contact till the scroll runs out.

Blackrock areas, you'd warp in, get pk'd twice, rezzed, grab your gain, get dropped by a BRE, and finally get out again. It was a much more exciting way to gain.

I

imported_Krystal

-raise rot from starting at 70 to start at 90 or 95. so rot would be 90 to 120
(rot was never highered when 120s came out)
-raise the skill cap from what is now to 10-15 points a day
-timer to around 10 min

P

Punani/Atilla

I support this:

-timer to around 10 min

That way you can play in the 90s and not wait forever to have a chance.

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

I support this:

-timer to around 10 min

That way you can play in the 90s and not wait forever to have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree on this somewhat. ROT IMO should start at 70 because there are some skills that are WAY easier to gain once finally in ROT. Poisoning is a big one, etc.

I think just doubling or tripling the number of gains/day and adjusting the timer would solve a lot of issues with minimal work on the dev end.

I

imported_Krystal

not as pose to be easier, we just want it to take less time then 3+ months to make a decent char;/

C

Calibretto

I like the idea of having ROT kick in above gm skill. This way you would still be compedative but couldn't just macro to 120 in a few days.

G

I sent in the following feedback, this is how i see it and i am a 'new' player.

I wish ROT to stay as it is, it keeps the newer players out and this is after all a veteran shard.
If there is anything to be fixed it should be factions, that would make siege alive again. This way everyone could make a faction armour and what would be better on siege then that ? It would encourage the players to retake towns and the need for guards and traps etc.
If you change anything about ROT let it be tweaking the timings a bit lower, other then that it is fine.

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

I sent in the following feedback, this is how i see it and i am a 'new' player.

I wish ROT to stay as it is, it keeps the newer players out and this is after all a veteran shard.
If there is anything to be fixed it should be factions, that would make siege alive again. This way everyone could make a faction armour and what would be better on siege then that ? It would encourage the players to retake towns and the need for guards and traps etc.
If you change anything about ROT let it be tweaking the timings a bit lower, other then that it is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately Siege's population is about 5-15% total of that of other official shards. Siege cannot afford the luxury of "keeping newer players out" at the cost of our population levels remaining dismal.

I

imported_the_slave_revolt

I propose a combination; first keep the bulk of the ROT system, like make time gains 5 minutes (70-100) [set points garrenteed to earn at 3.6 or whatever 70-80 is] and 10 minutes (100-120) [set points garrenteed to earn at 2.1], next give us the ability to gain outside of rot (even if its like 1/100 every spell cast, 1/100 every swing, 1/100 every resource consumed) [just so that there is a point in playing an unfinished character who's out of rot for that day (especially if that character is a main for new comers)], and finally boosted gains like bring blackrock back (so many pks made it fun and dangerous under unfinished characters). If anything gets changed I think a revived blackrock-area would be the best option, since that really brought the population out of thier homes.