• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege PVP Mage Template

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
100 - Magery (+20 with Jewelry)
100 - Resisting Spells (+20 with Jewelry)
120 - Evaluating Intelligence
120 - Meditation
100 - Wrestling
100 - Anatomy
80 - Spellweaving
The goal of this build is to get as much offense in place while still maintaining my defenses.
Mage/Resist/Eval/Med is obvious to the build and getting them all up to has always been a good practice.
Wrestle/Anatomy is so I can deliver Disarming and Paralyzing Blows while dealing a bit of extra damage.
Spellweaving at 80 is set so I will be able to summon Pixies/Imps with a good bit of reliability so that they can harry any other mages. I will be taking a hit to some of my other abilities without SW at 100/120, but I think that it won't be so much of a problem since I want to focus more on using Magery for my damaging and SW for the Pixies/SDI.
Any thoughts on this build?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 - Meditation
100 - Wrestling
100 - Anatomy
80 - Spellweaving
The goal of this build is to get as much offense in place while still maintaining my defenses.
Mage/Resist/Eval/Med is obvious to the build and getting them all up to has always been a good practice.
Wrestle/Anatomy is so I can deliver Disarming and Paralyzing Blows while dealing a bit of extra damage.
Spellweaving at 80 is set so I will be able to summon Pixies/Imps with a good bit of reliability so that they can harry any other mages. I will be taking a hit to some of my other abilities without SW at 100/120, but I think that it won't be so much of a problem since I want to focus more on using Magery for my damaging and SW for the Pixies/SDI.
Any thoughts on this build?

Your doubling up....If the SUM of EVAL + ANATOMY = 200 points you get a Free 120 Combat skill (Commonly called Dodge) for purposes of being MISSED by an attacker only. (With "Dodge" you cannot HIT people). The ANATOMY on the template isn't needed if your going to include WRESTLING.. (You better go 120 Wrestling though). I'd probably go INSCRIBE instead of the 100 Anatomy or possibly 100 poison or whatever other skill you really want. Your not going the "Focused" Mage route (... aka MAX PvP SDI of 15% bc of your weaving skill)... so choose accordingly. Also... I didn't look at any other min casting requirements for Spellweaving... but you only need 75.5 spellweaving to cast Summon fey 100% of the time so depending on what that EXTRA skill is you might Need another 5 points or so.. Other than that I like it...

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh... I didn't know that. So Wrestling/Eval Int will work to together... that really opens the build up for a bit of elbow room.

Hrm... what about Parrying? Slap a shield on myself and help to mitigate the damage away a bit more... or is that what the Dodge does?

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I read over a bunch of other strings and I think that I will go for the Inscription in the place of Anatomy. I knew it gave an extra 10 SDI, but I thought that it was still capped by the 30 SDI in PvP, which it's not. So it's well worth it (even if Inscription SUCKS to train, hehe).

Build is now:
120 - Meditation
100 - Wrestling
100 - Inscription
80 - Spellweaving​

I think this looks pretty good from my PoV of what I want to do with him, so now I just need to figure out my gear. I was figuring the standard 100 LRC / 40 LMC / 75 DCI / 30 SDI / +20 Magery / +20 Resist / 15-20 MR / And then all the Mana/Health/Stamina/Int/Dex/Str that I can throw into the rest of the suit. Is there anything that I'm missing on him?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read over a bunch of other strings and I think that I will go for the Inscription in the place of Anatomy. I knew it gave an extra 10 SDI, but I thought that it was still capped by the 30 SDI in PvP, which it's not. So it's well worth it (even if Inscription SUCKS to train, hehe).

Build is now:
100 - Magery (+20 with Jewelry)​
100 - Resisting Spells (+20 with Jewelry)​
120 - Evaluating Intelligence​
120 - Meditation​
100 - Wrestling​
100 - Inscription​
80 - Spellweaving​

I think this looks pretty good from my PoV of what I want to do with him, so now I just need to figure out my gear. I was figuring the standard 100 LRC / 40 LMC / 75 DCI / 30 SDI / +20 Magery / +20 Resist / 15-20 MR / And then all the Mana/Health/Stamina/Int/Dex/Str that I can throw into the rest of the suit. Is there anything that I'm missing on him?

1) Wrestling doesn't worth in conjunction WITH Eval.. Wrestling is just like any other combat skill in that you need 120 skill to be effective in PvP. If you only had 100 Wrestling that means that without taking into consideration HCI / DCI another character attacking you with a 120 Combat skill would hit you 58% of the time instead of 50% of the time if you had 120 Wrestling.

2) To get 120 Wrestling your going to have to add +20 more skill points somehow or possibly go with only 100 Meditation.. (Meditation gives a boost of like 10% if your @ GM+ skill)

3) Never really played Siege but CAN you get all those mods on a Siege suit you'd be willing to lose?

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, if all I need is 100.1 Meditation for that extra 10% then I can get that by dropping Spellweaving down a bit. I really only need 75.5 to cast Pixies so I could swap out Meditation to 104.5, Wrestling to 120, and Spellweaving to 75.5. That aught to make it work just right.

As for the gear, it's a good point. Perhaps if when I get in we have a guild that has an imbuer then I can get a few burner suits, but until then it's still a ways to go until this build is a reality. I'm sure that I will get plenty of imbuing ingredients while training my fighting, and until I can start building my own suits, either with a crafter character that I'm friends with or if I were to buy a ton of stones to swap skills out with, I will probably just be sitting at the unmodded skills.

I'm sure that I can get a LRC/LMC suit if nothing else. Just something to keep me going I suppose.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You only need 100.0 med for the bonus. No need for the extra 0.1.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll just throw the extra points into Resist then. That should even the build up nicely and help for the time until I can get the Resist on a few rings and whatnot. In general though, I think the build is a good starting point. If there are issues with it down the line I can address them as they show up.

Thanks for the help with this, guys! Now I just need to wait for my timer to run out on the character I made last week so I can start this guy (why would I make a treasure hunter?!)