• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Siege Meet and Greet (Sunday Jan 20th)

EM Aurora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello Siege! I want to thank everyone that came by today to visit with me :)

We covered a variety of topics so I thought I'd recap a few things here:

I was asked why I do not post on the main Siege forums. While it's true that some EMs post outside of their EM Forum, I believe it is something perhaps worked up to after establishing themselves with their community. I may be wrong on that but when I came on board almost a year ago now (what?!) I was instructed to use the forum set up for Event Moderators. Personally I also like it, though I do read and occasionally 'like' a post the main forums for Siege, because I would never want to engage in discussion that may appear to be biased. It's something that may change in time but presently I hope to interact with everyone here.

The majority poll for hosting pvp fights at Aurora's Pit was for Saturdays after 4pm EDT. This does not mean at 4pm EDT just sometime after that meaning evening hours North America time. I do not want to exclude European players so we may play with it a bit and host more than once a month with a different time zone in mind. The other issue that came up with the Pit Arena was the realization that house fighting kicks the aggressor from the house. I'll have to investigate more or see if certain adjustments need to be made with this.

The poll results for the cross shard treasure hunt challenge revealed 6 voters willing to participate and 2 spectators. The challenge with this is the inability to transfer Siege characters to TC1 and it was suggested if we practice on TC1 early, we could have support in making suits or other materials needed to compete. I'll update the THunt poll thread to start organizing practice dates. Many thanks to Solaman for his suggestions after having competed on another shard before.

The other main topic we discussed was establishing a Historical Committee to help us organize the history of towns and homes on Siege. There is a section of the Reward Hall that is set up and dedicated as a record keeping office. This will be for those who wish to participate in sharing their home or town history, provide coordinates and/or runes if they like and submit for established town banners. Ideally we would like to set this in motion before any housing changes take place on Siege to help establish shard history and welcome new residents to the community. We will start meeting once a week as we did to set up the Magincia Gardens until things are running smoothly on their own.

If you are interested in participating in this Historical Committee, please reply to this thread and we'll start to focus on the details.

If you missed the meet and greet today and had anything on your mind you would have liked to bring up, please feel free to add it here too :)

As always, thank you for the warm welcome and excellent discussion!

Ducky Momo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It was a great meeting! There was this stunning man in orange....Ducky Something...or was is Pidgin Momo...I dunno..anyway, I had a great time!