• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Housing

L

Limlight

Soulstone do indeed do that. But thats why it always makes me laugh when Siegers say "1 character makes you rely on the community"

lol...no it doesnt. It just makes you rely on an item.
Which is exactly what production shards do.

So the irony is Siegers dont get the usual 5-7 chars to better their community...but soulstones take away everything from that.

N

Nickster

ok so how will a new player get together the 14 mil you would need to have 2 temps with 7 different skills?
at the end of the day here is how it goes... 1 char, you want various skills use soulstones or decide what you want to be and stick to it like i do as i can't afford them.....

If you want a house then settle on the shard and get one loosing any others like everyone else who has a house on siege has done!

for the love of god close this thread, its gone round in circles so many times now.

No true siege player would really want to be able to have more than one house for reasons explained about 50 times within this thread.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstone do indeed do that. But thats why it always makes me laugh when Siegers say "1 character makes you rely on the community"

So the irony is Siegers dont get the usual 5-7 chars to better their community...but soulstones take away everything from that.
I agree.

Down with soulstones.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

5-7 characters allows you to play anonymously (especially with soulstones).

As far as I'm concerned, down with soulstones, gender change, name change, and all that crap.

Prodo shards are so screwed up that you need Trammel to save you from the anonymous jerks. At least here, you can choose to be a jerk... and everyone knows it.

D

Dor of Sonoma

No frickin way!!! The minute they allow multiple shard housing, the open spots would disappear here on Siege. Most of the people who would place here would only do so, so they could have a house here to store things. It wouldn't increase population and then the people who wanted to move here wouldn't be able to place a home of their own.

As it is right now, Siege has areas where player run towns can be created, with your proposed chance, that option would end.

Either drop your house on the other shard, or learn how to live out of the bank with a combination of help from friends and placing ships to store your added loot...la
What he said :)

I lived out of a bankbox here for over two years, and then couch-surfed for an additional two years - before I was finally able to open another account that I could use to place a home here.

The expense of an additional account (that I don't have time to play with) is worth it, in my opinion. This shard is a special place and boasts a unique environment - and I would see it remain so.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Steep requirements! Even my house would fall under your rules... I have a hard time logging 20 hours a week, and this is the only shard I play.

Twenty hours a month would be more fair, and use Punk Buster to get rid of the scripters. ( I said scripters, not macro'ers )

There is a certain miner who is also a mage ( by the same name ) who is a scripter... they should be busted. ( Moderators take note of my vauge reference :D )
My original post said '2nd house' if you only play Siege and only have a house on this shard, automatically refreshed.

L

Limlight

Caught the flu bug....stayed home from work the last two days.

Logged into Siege at 8 AM on Wednesday...4 PM Wednesday and 11 PM Wednesday...

Close to the same times on Thursday....

Rarely saw anyone. Went through Fire...barely anything going on there.
Saw a little action in Luna Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night in Fire.

Seriously, is the shard full of all stealther? Or is it jus dead?

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its quieter, this is why alot of people dont play alone.

However - its also not **** like a production shard.

Its fairly simple, if you wanna play here everyone will help, thats what this shard does. If you wanna complain and moan then thats what every other shard does.

Its up to you where you wanna go.

L

Limlight

Its fairly simple, if you wanna play here everyone will help, thats what this shard does. If you wanna complain and moan then thats what every other shard does.
Dont give me that Siege Elite garbage.
When Siege was at its peak in numbers people bitched about things all the time.

If your shard was as popular as my "trammy" shard then would have just as much pancakes and "****".

I also love how Siege acts like its immune to scripters and hackers. You arent.

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never said that,

But you've came to moan about a shard that we enjoy.

I left my shard behind last week, why? Because its BORING. Raiding a spawn, whats the risk? Ill lose 3600 gold from my insurance. Oh ****.

Each to his own, but personally, I like what ive got. If you dont...Bye! ;)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also love how Siege acts like its immune to scripters and hackers. You arent.
And you have proof of this? I'd suggest that you take a look at our economy and compare it to those of the production shards. I'm curious, how much does a 115 eval intel scroll run on your shard? Siege...50k, lol...la

L

Limlight

115 Eval?

Eh, 500k-1 mil.

We have been around a crapton longer then Siege and we have a crapton more players...so obviously our economy is going to be jacked up.

All I have to do is run around long enough and fight some of your pvpers.

Some of them are every bit as good as Atlantics best...which are known hackers and scripters...

Seriously, this ego some of you Siegers have that you think your shard is above Scripting and Hackers is downright hilarious.

But you've came to moan about a shard that we enjoy
Consider my topic was simply a question/suggestion...it can hardly be classified as moaning. If making a housin suggestion is moaning..then pretty much everyone on these boards is just moaning.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't come out and say nobody on the shard runs 3rd party scripts, but with that said, the other PvPers would probably catch on rather quickly. If there were a known scripter, it would probably work the same as when Siege gets a scammer in it's ranks...the population deals with it...or better put...they either put the player on a KoS list...or they don't deal with them at all. The shard can get even lonelier if nobody will interact with you...this includes vendors.

You don't see our economy going through the roof, primarily because many of the kiddy scripters, don't have the patience to script long enough to get a character skilled up to be able to compete. You can't transfer here with your millions of gold, or special items from another shard. Our population is low, but at the same time, those of us who do stick around, would rather a smaller population if it means the shard maintains it's intregrity...la

L

Limlight

Ok..now we are having a conversation.

Lets say you do find out they are hackers/scripters?

Whats to stop them from transferring all the items/gold from one account to another. None of you would know the difference.

The only thing I would concede on is that most wont do the work to make a char there.

But I guarantee you have scripters there. Heck it probably even easier to have one since you guys have less action going on.

Also, think about this. If you are a scripter selling resources on a shard like mine (Atlantic) or Siege....which one you think is getting the most bang for their buck?

I would say the Siege one. As everything is more valuable on Siege.

N

Nickster

No one said we are immune to scripters... if they are identified they are punished. no one has said the shard is perfect... NO siege player would welcome a 2nd house spot on siege... period... now please go away and take your carebares and rainbows with you.....

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I guarantee you have scripters there. Heck it probably even easier to have one since you guys have less action going on.

Also, think about this. If you are a scripter selling resources on a shard like mine (Atlantic) or Siege....which one you think is getting the most bang for their buck?

I would say the Siege one. As everything is more valuable on Siege.
But why would you script on Siege? What would your end game be? To get cash for items? It's not like you can tranfer wealth from siege to any other shard. That is what the big scripters have done for ages (think back to the days of gold on Ebay). All you could do is purchase items on Siege...weeeeeeeee.

If we are talking about PvP scripting...well, as mentioned earlier...most of the regulars have played long enough, they will be able to tell if someone is scripting. Will they be part of the major zerg guilds? Probably not...for all of the bickering that is done between them, they still seem to have the integrity to keep cheaters out of their ranks...so what does that leave you? A solo PvPer? Again, with the players here, the word would spread pretty quickly...the payer would be dealt with on a regular basis...it would probably not be a lot of fun for them to die consistantly to the larger guilds ganging up on them. They would in turn, probably leave the shard to find their work better accomplished on a production shard...la