• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege faction items need to cost MORE silver

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the devs want to save ANY kind of current market place and item value that exist on siege the faction items need to cost MORE silver im talking a lot more.

Ornys for 5k silver? THEY NEED TO BE 100K silver

seriously, heart of the lions for 3k? THEY NEED TO BE 75K silver

ALL of the items need to be raised in price by 10x-15x because they are about to utterly ruin siege economy and current item value and **** a lot of players and PVP'ers off.

Making faction things cost more on siege is what needs to be done, think about how stuff cost on vendors its 3x more gold, this stuff is uber important and never been for sale like this on siege, IT NEEDS TO COST A LOT, not a little handful amount.

N

Ni-

I'm not really arguing against you here. It just seems that if everyone can afford everything and easily replace lost items, wouldn't that suggest that the playing field is leveled and that victors would not be decided because of Items?

In my opinion, Siege is the closest thing to how UO used to be. When a whole suit of armor could be easily lost, yet replaced by 3600gp. Thus most people had the same starting point. No big displacement between the 'haves' and 'have-nots'.

I've seen alot of complaints that UO is too item based now. This seems to be a way of making UO less item based without removing everyones items.

That is just my opinion/perception. Everyone is entitled to theirs, huh?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not really arguing against you here. It just seems that if everyone can afford everything and easily replace lost items, wouldn't that suggest that the playing field is leveled and that victors would not be decided because of Items?

In my opinion, Siege is the closest thing to how UO used to be. When a whole suit of armor could be easily lost, yet replaced by 3600gp. Thus most people had the same starting point. No big displacement between the 'haves' and 'have-nots'.

I've seen alot of complaints that UO is too item based now. This seems to be a way of making UO less item based without removing everyones items.

That would be wonderful....except not everyone on Siege is in Factions

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to see the faction items unblessed. Oh and our NPCs returned.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's something we're battling with right now. Our economy.

There are a lot of people who are stuck to the value of their items and do not want to support what would benefit the shard.

I and a large number of others think PvM should also be fixed. PvM should drop arties and good items often on Siege. Like Doom bosses should drop an artifact on every corpse. Peerless bosses should drop 10 of each ingredient, crimson cins, ML Arties and set pieces on every corpse. Treasure chests should drop cursed doom arties and Marties, as well virtue dungeon drop rates should be increased. And while we're at it... even runic kits need to be made more fun and engaging to obtain. Not en tedium.

As it is... Siege currently has the same drop rates as shards WITH item insurance. It's just not right.

We would love to see people walking around with Zoo collection stuff, ML suits (such as assassin,) Tok arties, Doom arties, ML arties, Marties and so on. We like to enjoy the 'toys' in this game too.

We also like to loot our loots and hunt for them too. Often. We have a fluid and dynamic economy. We get our stuff off of corpses and if you enable people to hunt and gather good items at a decent pace, we will use them more.

One thing about this is that there is a whole class of people who enjoy monster hunting WITH the added risk of being PK'd.

Right now... they have no incentive to do so because the risks far out-weigh the meek and meager rewards.

PLEASE UPDATE MONSTER HUNTING DEVS!!!!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There are a lot of people who are stuck to the value of their items and do not want to support what would benefit the shard.

I and a large number of others think PvM should also be fixed. PvM should drop arties and good items often on Siege. Like Doom bosses should drop an artifact on every corpse. Peerless bosses should drop 10 of each ingredient, crimson cins, ML Arties and set pieces on every corpse. Treasure chests should drop cursed doom arties and Marties, as well virtue dungeon drop rates should be increased. And while we're at it... even runic kits need to be made more fun and engaging to obtain. Not en tedium.

As it is... Siege currently has the same drop rates as shards WITH item insurance. It's just not right.

We would love to see people walking around with Zoo collection stuff, ML suits (such as assassin,) Tok arties, Doom arties, ML arties, Marties and so on. We like to enjoy the 'toys' in this game too.

We also like to loot our loots and hunt for them too. Often. We have a fluid and dynamic economy. We get our stuff off of corpses and if you enable people to hunt and gather good items at a decent pace, we will use them more.

One thing about this is that there is a whole class of people who enjoy monster hunting WITH the added risk of being PK'd.

Right now... they have no incentive to do so because the risks far out-weigh the meek and meager rewards.

Black Rain - You do not speak for all of us and you are going WAY out on a limb by saying that "a large number of us" want what you are proposing. I read your thread about this and beyond your guildmates, very few were on board with your ideas on this.

Feel free to give your opinions on such matters, but the rest of us can speak for ourselves. Plenty of us use cursed and minor arties on a daily basis. IMO, we do not need daily spawn increases of such items. Special events are enough to keep us supplied and keep the economy in check.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm all for the treasure chests having possible doom arties, and peerless ingredients. I agree that things should be a bit easier to get a hold of.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black Rain - You do not speak for all of us and you are going WAY out on a limb by saying that "a large number of us" want what you are proposing. I read your thread about this and beyond your guildmates, very few were on board with your ideas on this.
Kat - you're not the thought police, now wake up.

Because actually, a lot of players support this idea.

Plenty of us use cursed and minor arties on a daily basis. IMO, we do not need daily spawn increases of such items. Special events are enough to keep us supplied and keep the economy in check.
You and the vast majority of your guild runs crap gear... along with the rest of the shard. My guild is pretty much the only guild that equips with and uses good items... I'm not sure who you refer to when you say 'plenty of us' ... it's definitely not you!

I speak for not only myself but a long with a lot of other players and the betterment of the shard: I say we need our loot drop rates adjusted for no item insurance.

You go speak for yourself... all you want and while you're at it, quote GoodGuy and give him the same spiel you just gave me so you don't look like a hypocrite.

GG