• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed ty!

How cohesive is the Siege community?

• Do you believe Siege community is an " us and them " type?

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Do you believe Siege community is an " whole (somewhat dysfunctional) " type?

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Do you believe the Siege community can make a consolidated effort to back Kelmo?

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Do you believe the Siege community will never agree as a whole and don't bother backing Kelmo?

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went with two and three.

The scene Kelmo and Freja are setting up should work pretty well. We had something like it on Chessie back in the Queen Dawn days with glass daggers all over one side of the table. Brought many of us together. :)

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im alil torn here, he's a great guy and believes in Siege as a whole. I've had the pleasure of talking to him in vent a handful of times and seems ok to me. We need to include all, the good , the bad and the ugly if this is the path were going to choose. Siege is what it is and we are who we are, we play the game how we see fit. The population here is yes, more one sided but that shouldn't mean anything for our game play. "We" as a whole are a great community, let those who play there styles play them but yet keep in hopes that we all can come together when the time calls.

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
here is how I see siege us vs them my reasoning is pretty simple there is a certain guild that wants you to abide by there rules and if you don't they will stealth around to figure out who you are who you're with literally put an embargo on your goods to not be bought from. I am sorry but this is a server I pay to play and I will play it the way I want period. my cash goes to EA just like all of yours so please don't try and tell me how to play when I pay for the game just like you.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I voted #1 and #3 and it sadly are us vs them and we need to chance that, we need to respect others play style as long it is inside the rules for the game.

Last sentence in my guild charter is from when we still had red members:
Oh, you don't want to play our game, sorry, but we do play in same game, and if we ask you for money or your life, you must play with us in our game. You have a lot of choice, just use your head and try to make it to your game too. Pay, run, fight or speak, that's your choice.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is how I see siege us vs them my reasoning is pretty simple there is a certain guild that wants you to abide by there rules and if you don't they will stealth around to figure out who you are who you're with literally put an embargo on your goods to not be bought from. I am sorry but this is a server I pay to play and I will play it the way I want period. my cash goes to EA just like all of yours so please don't try and tell me how to play when I pay for the game just like you.
I have heard this several times in game and on these boards. I find it hard to believe that this is such an issue. If your in a guild and another group has publicly announced that they have it out for your guild why in the world do you think that guild would trade and fund the group with means to arm themselves to be used on your guild?

Put simply. I'm not about to give a robber bullets for his gun so he can rob me.

There are also a heck of a lot more people on the shard to trade with then GIL. OR make a crafter and craft your own stuff.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree GIL have the right to refuse to trade with guilds they are in war with or don't respect.
GIL is not the only vendor owners. My castle with my vendors do have a clean ban list, so do the Safe Haven Hub

Maybe be a little more open about what your guild stand for. Are there any RP reason, what can people expect from you. People fear what they don't know.
Guilds of Siege Perilous

Last edited:

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Or you could join SITH and help Amadeus find a new suit. ;)
I've been here for a little over a month now and have looted a lot of suits but the two I've lost are a million times better you don't need a crafter to get good suits in fact the best suits aren't even crafted and we have already got plenty of them but no I'm not sad I lost two really good suits because I know that the people that got them wont wear them outside of their home so enjoy the trophy =D

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A little from the meeting. I'm sad not more did show, special from the dark side.

Kelmo open the meeting
Kelmo: I would like to see an effort by the community to elect an "at large" council member from the population of Siege.
Kelmo: Hello and thank you all for participating in this open town hall meeting. These gardens certainly represent community.
Kelmo: While I believe things are shaping up, please remember this is a work in progress. Nothing is truely set in stone.
Kelmo: On the issue of forums... I have absolutly no control over what is posted at any forum. I am glad both provide public access.
Kelmo: I have some proposals I would like to present. Many of these come from ideas discussed in forums or sent privately.
Kelmo: The working name of the Council shall be the Siege Community Council. This may be re addressed at a later time.
Kelmo: The iniial SCC will consist of the sitting Governors, a representive of both recognized townships and myself.
Kelmo: I would like to see an effort by the community to elect an "at large" council member from the population of Siege.
Kelmo: I can only hope this happens. I will recuse myself from that process. I hope the other coucil members will as well.
Kelmo: The make, membership and responsibilities of the SCC will be on the first order of business. My commited goal is to serve Siege.
Kelmo: Other topics to discuss will be a permanent venue for the SCC to meet. There has been some interest in various Cities hosting.
Kelmo: Also a concern is the manner in which governors are elected. I trust each of these current elected officails.
Kelmo: We all must recognize that the votes can be manipulated. But then again... Blackthorn could show up any day and poke my eye.
Kelmo: Let's have some fun with this and see where it takes us as a community. Thank you for your interest and participation.
Kelmo: short and sweet

From now off, we needed a moderator badly as all talking at once and it become chaos. Also not all could hear all, so I'm sure a lot missed my ears too.
Election for Player Towns, special Safe Haven
Victim: has Nujelm Palace been looked at for a meeting place yet?
Kelmo: There has been some thinking this could be a one sided Council. I do not believe this will be the case
Kelmo: There are some excellebt palces to meet.
Kelmo: This is an open forum
Kelmo: Only in Vesper
Victim: you know it
Blind Otto: well then... where shall we start?
Tina Tink: I think it fine we start up with what we have
Tina Tink: then more community can come when they are ready
Blind Otto: *nods*<5595394>Victim: well, has Safehaven elected a leader yet Tina?
Kelmo: We must start some where
<16123769>Garth Grey: safehaven needs an election ?
Tina Tink: is on the way
<13499221>Luka Melehan: possibly....
<5595394>Victim: gotta be fair, right?
<18362133>Mish o sha: i vote Tina
Tina Tink: we have started it
<5595394>Victim: *nods*
Tina Tink: look at Safe Haven forum
<16123769>Garth Grey: safe haven has a forum ? :p
Kelmo: I will not meddle with the affairs of any Player town
<15417446>Kenzie Mori: no idea if they do
<1117873>Tina Tink: on Stratics
<5595394>Victim: it's a guild forum on Stratics
<16123769>Garth Grey: i need to get out more
<1117873>Tina Tink: you have house in Safe Haven?
<16123769>Garth Grey: me ? no
<9088401>Natalia Marais: anyone who has a house in Safe Haven gets a vote
<1117873>Tina Tink: ok
Victim: i have recused myself from the Vote, but Support Freja
<13499221>Luka Melehan: didn't know that. Tho not sure if I qualify, all the way on the other side of the swamp
<9088401>Natalia Marais: on who gets elected, Freja posted in the forum
Tina Tink: *Smiles*
Blind Otto: good, good. When are the votes due in?
<9088401>Natalia Marais: i ddin't see that part, we all get a book to turn in
<9088401>Natalia Marais: but I haven't done that yet
Tina Tink: first we need nomination
Tina Tink: then the voting
Blind Otto: ah. Good.
CharGar: hmm..Shame it wasnt done before this meeting
Victim: Will there be a Vote for Gilfane, or will Lady Hoffs be taking it on?
CharGar: no
Tina Tink: we did not have time
CharGar: We have voted Razz to be our representative
<5595394>Victim: Congratulations Razz
Starcon: *nods to Razz*
Razz: =)
<18362133>Mish o sha: congra
Blind Otto: *waves in Razz's direction*
Kelmo: As long as that is what Gilfane wishes.
CharGar: Indeed, it is
Blind Otto: aye
CharGar: Since he is so friendly with everyone!
<5595394>Victim: sure garth
Kelmo: I am not wanting to govern any communities. I am wanting to pull them together
Tina Tink: it is easier to make votes when one guild
Blind Otto: *nods*
Tina Tink: Safe Haven are several guilds
Tina Tink: so it will take a littl longer
Kelmo: I respect that Tina

Other good input from the meeting

Guildbooks in Luna
Holden Caulfield: maybe I small item, but I would like to see more guild books at the recruit station in Luna
Kelmo: I like that idea!
Tina Tink: good idea
Blind Otto: aye!
[Guild][Starcon]: what is the recruit station in Luna?
Natalia Marais: I didn't either
[Guild][Sprite Full]: no idea
[Guild][Tina Tink]: there are some tables at the stable
Holden Caulfield: yes near the stable area

Who should be a part of the SCC
Blind Otto: I think we've got the first under way... governors, and the two towns...
Blind Otto: but who else SHOULD be included who isn't here?
Blind Otto: I'd hate anyone to feel left out...
Sargatanza: i represent britanians hobo, we in!
Tina Tink: agree
Kelmo: That is an important discussion.
Victim: they can join in at anytime
Victim: that's not very inclusive Otto, there should be a way for new groups to join in
Blind Otto: I agree
Blind Otto: so... what do you suggest?
Tina Tink: I think a group can be a guild, an alliance, a player town

After trouble with communition, a channel was created and after some trouble with solve the communications problem, we are back to the discussion about the council

<6997829>Blind Otto: Well, we've got a start with the make-up... we do need a clear method for others to join
<5595394>Victim: ok mission one is find a solid place to hold meetings, and formulate a plan for communications
<13499221>Luka Melehan: meetings open to the public
<6997829>Blind Otto: We need to make sure everyone knows about this channel, if we're going to keep using it
<1117873>Tina Tink: I still feel we need this meeting to move around in the towns
<14658182>CharGar: I vote Nujelm castle as the meeting place going forward and forever
<1117873>Tina Tink: I vote no
<11063469>Branwyn of Errol: I second that
<5263969>Baby Doll: What was wrong with EM house?
<5595394>Victim: we can move it around, but we need solid places to be stable. and then a form of order
<15417446>Kenzie Mori: as stated you need someone to gate those that cannot gate there
<16123769>Garth Grey: defintely an underused city
<14658182>CharGar: of course you do tina
<5512560>Delores Duende: I third it
Sargatanza: sorry, but im not understand correct what we trying to do :)
<6997829>Blind Otto: I fourth it
<14658182>CharGar: a stable solid place
<13499221>Luka Melehan: should.....PKers have representation as a group, or just if thet gov a town
<14580797>Starcon: is there a gate to Nujelm?
Baby Doll: listen
<1117873>Tina Tink: em house was fine
<5512560>Delores Duende: use the crystal portals to get there
Baby Doll: hehe
<5595394>Victim: i like the EM place
<7980842>Nurse Miss Maude: no Starcon only out of Nujelm
<5512560>Delores Duende: we need guard zone
<14580797>Starcon: k
<14658182>CharGar: has to be guard zone
<5263969>Baby Doll: Isnt EM house in zone
<5595394>Victim: em house is guard zone
<1117873>Tina Tink: we do not need guard zone
<1117873>Tina Tink: this are Siege
<14658182>CharGar: "sighs"
<1117873>Tina Tink: if we can't make it without guard zone, it will nver work
<13499221>Luka Melehan: if meetings are in this chat, I suppose they can be done in B&W....
Baby Doll: hehe
<16123769>Garth Grey: does everything have to be hardcore siege style with you ?
Razzputon: ^
<13499221>Luka Melehan: but folks will get distracted
<1117873>Tina Tink: not at all
<14658182>CharGar: this is a time to discuss, work out details, not fight
<5595394>Victim: so you want the pk kiddies to be able to come in and disrupt it ?
Razzputon: ^
<1117873>Tina Tink: but just not in guard zone
<7980842>Nurse Miss Maude: everyone is already distracked Luka LOL
<14658182>CharGar: lets vote?
<9088401>Natalia Marais: most of us want it in a guard zone
<17073527>Razzputon: lets vote on it.
<1117873>Tina Tink: no I want them to join and feel they are a part of it
<14658182>CharGar: governors and representatives vote please
<13499221>Luka Melehan: I certainly am distracted. You know, early onset...hehe
<5595394>Victim: they can be
<16123769>Garth Grey: they can be a part by not acting like asshats
<9088401>Natalia Marais: I vote we need to have meetings in a safe place in a guard zone
<5263969>Baby Doll: Vote?
<1117873>Tina Tink: are there a veto right
<17073527>Razzputon: All in favor of having the meeting in a guard zone say 'aye"
<14658182>CharGar: yes vote
<9088401>Natalia Marais: aye
<6997829>Blind Otto: I vote for a place where we can get specific work done, for the good of the shard. AYE.
<17073527>Razzputon: All in favor of having the meeting in a guard zone say 'aye"
<11063469>Branwyn of Errol: aye!
<1117873>Tina Tink: no
<14658182>CharGar: aye
<15417446>Kenzie Mori: I vote guard zone
dyno: aye
<5595394>Victim: aye
<5263969>Baby Doll: OK I am done here. I will talk on Stratic with you.
<13349139>Bruin: aye
Sarah: aye
Baby Doll: cya guys ty
<16123769>Garth Grey: omg we can't even all vote the same way
<5512560>Delores Duende: aye
<7980842>Nurse Miss Maude: I vote we need to figure out the why before the where
<1117873>Tina Tink: I'm done too

Then a lot of that kind. Kelmo was total ignored. We may need to make a Dark Council and then have the 2 council interact or we need a veto right. The rest of the meeting was more or less about town zone or not, nothing good in it so I will leave that out. i think that need to be solved on the forums. If we need this to work, the dark side need to take part.

The end of the meeting
<6997829>Blind Otto: ok... so... we seem to have a start. Shall we table this until next time?
<16123769>Garth Grey: valiant effort Kelmo at least you're trying sir.
<13499221>Luka Melehan: so for next time, maybe someone could gather ideas for events and ideas for locations. Plan on voting next time and let that be known
<13349139>Bruin: We have to respect that we will not agree on everything
<1117873>Tina Tink: next time we need a way to let one speak at the time
<13499221>Luka Melehan: so if ya don't show up, ya don't vote
<7211076>Kelmo: We made some progress and have new things to discuss
<6997829>Blind Otto: *nods*
<13349139>Bruin: We have to respect that we have different opinions
<13643986>Tanager: I would like to set up the voting on a Forum. I dont wanna be left out cuz i have RL work :(
<6997829>Blind Otto: well Kelmo, ye have the hammer... want to whack the table?
<1117873>Tina Tink: agree Bruin
<16123769>Garth Grey: see , this is why you need a King, when the people cant agree lol
<5595394>Victim: *demolishes Table*
<13349139>Bruin: We have to respect that when things don't go our way that the community is bigger than just me
<4197842>Sarah: voting shold be in game
<1117873>Tina Tink: we don't need a King but a co-ordinator
<13499221>Luka Melehan: thanks everyone. Hope I didn't cause any hard feelings. I want this to work.
<13349139>Bruin: And if we want to be a part of it we need to participate
<1117873>Tina Tink: and Kelmo are doing great
<6997829>Blind Otto: indeed
<7980842>Nurse Miss Maude: ok well my part is .....put me down for when a newbie needs a buddy if I'm around I'll hang out
<13643986>Tanager: Maude
<13643986>Tanager: i'm doin NOOB now, kinda picking up where NEW left off
<7980842>Nurse Miss Maude: oh I thought NOOB was a pvp guild
<7980842>Nurse Miss Maude: isn't it
<13643986>Tanager: nope
<13643986>Tanager: so far no allies, i am not sure how to work that
<7211076>Kelmo: *leaves channel*

Last edited:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bypassing the fact that the above logs were heavily edited I will add this one thought.

Kelmo I would like to see you be more involved with keeping structure at the meetings. I know you don't want to have an influence on any part of the decisions. That can still be done while guiding the process and keeping it moving forward. We were stuck in a quagmire most of the meeting.

Call topics to be discussed. Call for votes. Etc...

Just my $0.02

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes it was edited, if anyone want to post the full log, please do, special one who did sit far from me as I fear I did not hear everything before we joined the chat channel and some joined before me and i did not hear the start in there.
The part I cut out, did not really have anything useful in it, I tried to search for the positive in the log and drop the rest.
Also I would need to edit Guild chat out of the part I cut out.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My 2 cents, I rather be in a guard zone for any meeting period. I like having the Meeting on NEW Magincia, and flatly refuse to attend any meetings in a private home, said house would have to be public, and if anyone opened a gate while in the house we are just asking for a flood of PKers to enter, once the house owner is killed the only way they can eject anyone is using the house sign. I can see it now I say something and they disagree tossing me from the house to the wolfs outside. Or I lose connection and pop out of the house. No, let's keep the meeting in New Magincia and stay away from ANY public/private homes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Otto had a question to me, I did not get to ansvar as all was speaking at same time.
<6997829>Blind Otto: Please explain to us why you think these meetings should be attackabe?
It is in Kelmo's hands.
<7211076>Kelmo: I am not even certain where the next meeting is. But I will not serve up targets

there was some other comments:
<9088401>Natalia Marais: i won't come if its just to be attacked by pks
<5595394>Victim: reds can go into gurdzones, as long as they don't attack oinnocents
<15417446>Kenzie Mori: not keeping anyone out anyone is welcome to attend just want in a GZ area
Etc....

My reason is, I believe we can make a way better setup in a player building. Yes there are a risk for attack but in guard zone, there are also a risk as some are VvV and some are red.
Most of the Auctions do run peaceful so it is possible.
We can use community crystals if we can get them to work. We can do like with M&G meetings, people line up if they want to say something so we do not all talk at same time,

Yes you can attack someone in a public house but the attacker can get banned and he can't move without kicking him self out of the house if not friended to house.
If we get the communications crystals to work and not sit to close it will be harder for an attacker to kill a lot.
Also, come in a cheap LRC suit and a blessed robe and he won't gain any good loot if you die

Can we at least try one outside town meeting and see how it goes? My castle would be perfect, there are room to a lot, all can enter, the ban list are clean, hopeful it will be after the meeting too.
I will make sure to friend some, who can kick/ban if we get trouble. Kelmo, and a few others who will not panic ban anyone just because they are red or VvV ot Sith or LEET or something else.

I will then accept most meetings being in town :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My 2 cents, I rather be in a guard zone for any meeting period. I like having the Meeting on NEW Magincia, and flatly refuse to attend any meetings in a private home, said house would have to be public, and if anyone opened a gate while in the house we are just asking for a flood of PKers to enter, once the house owner is killed the only way they can eject anyone is using the house sign. I can see it now I say something and they disagree tossing me from the house to the wolfs outside. Or I lose connection and pop out of the house. No, let's keep the meeting in New Magincia and stay away from ANY public/private homes.
The lose of connection is an issue, it could happen at the Auction too
Any friend can use the two commands "Remove yourself" or "I ban thee" and can lift a ban if they make a mistake.
Someone here need to be more open minded and less scared.

I remember first time I was to a Bazaar in Safe Haven Guard Fort at Crossroad, we had crafters come with table and some of their wares, telling about their shop, we had tables with food and drinks.
There was choosen some guards in I believe a red or maybe it was a blue robe, can't remember.

First time I was blue and very scared of all the reds we had at that time but I was not killed, some was going outside to solve an issue on the road. I did expect a lot of trouble, but it was not there.

Second time, I was red and there sure was a lot of blue, including Anti and Noto PK's. This time I was choosen as Guard. My biggest problem was a little newbies stealing chairs, had to kill him to place them back and trying to make the Orcs not eating the horses outside, they keep telling me it was food and they was also very greedy, when it comes to food and cider from the tables. All in all great fun and again I was not killed.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All this seems to be is people complaining about how to meet in guard zone with the least amount of risk.

Why don't you guys just ask Messana to add Trammel and item insurance to Siege as well.

You guys want to know why people don't play siege anymore? It's because of stuff like this. They have tram RP on every other server, so why play here if that's all you're going to do?

You want to know how to bring siege back to life? Leave the security of your homes and guardzone. Drop hiding and stealth on your characters. And get back into dungeons, VvV towns, player towns outside of New mag; actually play the g.d. Game like it was supposed to be played pre AoS.

It's an embarrassment that the online siege population is often lower than several Asian shards.

Since I came back to siege, the active population has sky rocketed and I've brought several people here along with that spice that siege was missing. But to be honest it's been exhausting, and it needs to be more than just me contributing to the other side of the spectrum.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But to be honest it's been exhausting, and it needs to be more than just me contributing to the other side of the spectrum.
Siege sure are very peaceful now, back in 1999-2000 we had several red guilds with 20-30 reds and FA with a lot more but a ping at 300+. We had large blue guilds too, both peaceful and PvP fighting reds and still we could make events together.
I know it was easier at that time, as you could buy a new GM suit and weapon for around 3k and you would not need to run far to find a vendor, who also would sell a bag with a few regs.
I do believe Mesanna need to help us with our item problem, but we need to agree what we want and here the Siege Community Council could be a help, but only if all take part in it, also the few PK's we do have.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One thing I am 100% sure of - it is not you.
It is all of us, including Amadeus, he did bring several but I also believe it have to do with last public, with the new bod stuff, all are very busy and the December Festival did help too.
Now we need to keep this Siege players, all of them.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take is that if the council is to be taken seriously it needs to be run seriously and professionally.

Too much of the allotted time was spent on cutesy comments and jokes, sure some were funny, but not what I was there to hear.

Needs to have strict control and at least some agenda prepared.

Location, I think it is actually a good point that a player home may have more control/benefits than a public town. Freja - you should have been an adult and conversed on such things in a polite manner instead of taking your ball and going home with a tantrum. If I had to wager a guess you had designed your castle for such meetings and were disappointed by the vote thinking it wouldn't get used. I personally had not known you had even done anything to your castle. I am sure if you had posted or said, "I put a lot of thought and time into making a meeting area in my castle, may we consider it as a location? ", that would be respected and given more thought.

That's all my thoughts at present. Take them as you will.

Holden

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Location, I think it is actually a good point that a player home may have more control/benefits than a public town. Freja - you should have been an adult and conversed on such things in a polite manner instead of taking your ball and going home with a tantrum.
I did not get to explain, all was speaking at same time :(
I did not leave, I stayed in the chat.

If I had to wager a guess you had designed your castle for such meetings and were disappointed by the vote thinking it wouldn't get used. I personally had not known you had even done anything to your castle. I am sure if you had posted or said, "I put a lot of thought and time into making a meeting area in my castle, may we consider it as a location? ", that would be respected and given more thought.
Not really, any Public house with a clean ban list at the start of the meeting will do. Sure my castle would be perfect as there are room for the whole shard and all know they are welcome.

I would like, when we have found all the council members, to see meetings move around from council member to council member, they can then choose place for their meeting, town or not.

Now we could choose a middle way, the roof of NEW2 Inn, it is in town, it is public and the chairs do not declay

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One thing I am 100% sure of - it is not you.
Maybe you need to study some math then, either that, or you clearly have no idea as to whats been going on, on the shard. In which case, please refrain from comments that have no subsistence that do not benefit the conversation some of us are trying to have. Because you clearly have no idea what youre talking about.

I can count over 20 people that I've personally recruited to the shard over the past month. Most of whom now play everyday on Siege. Thats also not including people that are building chars over here just to fight my guild and I.

@TheDrAJ
What have you done lately to benefit Siege?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
helping all those people that "you" brought here to get started.

What have you done other than pking people and looting them? (and yes I know you are good at that)

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
helping all those people that "you" brought here to get started.
Actually no you havent:

1.) We help eachother with everything we need; crafting, scrolls, gear etc. We rely on no one, because there is no one to help due to the lackluster community on the shard. Hence the purpose of this thread.

What have you done other than pking people and looting them? (and yes I know you are good at that)
2.) Go back and re-read what I said, you clearly need to.

Maybe instead of trolling on the forums you should get out there and do something on/for the shard. Chatting doesn't count. And if you're going to butt into the conversation on the boards, at least have something of merit to say.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you supply everything to them?
Please give me all the names of the 20 players so I don't help them by accident.
(and if you can not or don't I'll know that you are just full of it as I expect)

oh and @Baby Doll - I apologize for changing the direction of this thread but clearly it points out the difficulty Kelmo et al face.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh for crying out loud. Create a pre AOS shard with the old rules and be done with it. Siege is dead. Unfortunately, a server long forgotten by the devs.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on folks, can the heads up your rumps venting gas from your rears pancakes routine roleplaying. Let's keep the posts relevant to the conversation.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As far as a meeting place....I think it should be in a public area....no one's house......just to keep things as neutral as possible....and everyone just bring your own chair.

As far as having the meetings in a guard zone? This IS Siege...yes? Hell we can all come already dead so there's no worries about anyone killing anyone....if that's an issue...then we won't need chairs because I don't think ghosts can sit? ;)

OR just come naked....

As far as sides go? Every shard...every WHERE....there is good and bad....it's no fun if there isn't. You can hate the PK's...that's fine..but they are a part of this game just as PvM'rs..gardeners...crafters....everyone has a place here. Some night not follow ~The Rules~ but everyone has a right to play how they want to.

Once my skills/suit are better, you'll see me right along with some of the ~undesirables~ of the shard killing and looting...does that make me a bad person? No...it makes me a person who enjoys playing a game. Like I told my guild leader and Kurt in vent one day...if my Mom played this game and was in another guild? She'd die right along with the rest....doesn't mean I hate my Mom lol, just means that I am playing the game the way I like to.

Not everyone is going to agree....I am trying to remain neutral as far as community goes....as much as I can because I do enjoy chatting in general chat with all of you, if I kill you out in the world? Don't hate ME...hate my character...they are not the same...if we can all remember that I think it would make things a lot easier.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I still dont understand whats going on with the hate against pks on this shard lol

Well, first of all I came from freeshards wich, just like this one, some ppl used to craft, others pvm and others pvp....but I never see one person on the shards Ive played hatin someone when got killed, the normal thing to do was to try to ask help to kill this player that killed you or do it yourself.

Everyone had his different gameplay style and it all worked together! Just like Larissa says, it's a part of Ultima Online and god bless still is on Siege Perilous since theres no trammel to block it(Sometimes on those few months Im playing on OSI I try to play on the prodo shards but I always go back to Siege \o/ )

I understand some ppl here like some sort of RP stuff but I don't know, maybe ppl shouldn't take this game too serious!! just my two cents of contribution to the thread :D

I don't know whats going on with the Kelmo and Freja thing but I'll say that I trust Kelmo to run things because he seens like a person that thinks very simple and straight, very reasonable I would say) and also Freja - it was because of her "Inviting ppl to Siege threads" on Stratics that I first started to play on Siege Perilous and this just shows that she already put lots of effort of bringing ppl to this shard

Im not american so my english can be a little confusing sometimes, sorry for that =]

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still dont understand whats going on with the hate against pks on this shard lol
It is not just SP that the PKer status leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. In the beginning we had Crafters/Gathers, PvMers, Consensual PvPers, Non-Consensual PvPers and then we had the foul mouthed rez kill PKers that delighted in harassing players that EA made UO "FIX" the problem or subs would continue to fall so UO created Tram and Fel has become the Ghost Town it is today because the little children still refuse to grow up. Dieing was not the problem it was all the childish **** talk after or the rez killing and the children telling you to get the **** off UO. You may think it is funny but a lot of players did not and proved it when they left UO/Fel for good. As SP is all FEL you still have the same make up still today and there are even Guilds that blatantly go out of there way to carry on the PKers way of life and as the player base is much older and more maturer they choose not to want to play with the CHILDREN. What happened to HONORABLE PvP where people help each other to learn to be better and the most I ever lost was half my aids or some regs but then comes the PKers that dry loot and then tell you you ain't **** get the **** out of here. Even UO admitted it was a failed endeavor and every other game out there learned from UOs mistake and nowhere else do you take the chance to lose everything to a CHILD. SP has a chance to be better and if the CHILDREN would grow up who knows how much the shard could grow. I think what Kelmo and others are trying to do is great but the CHILDREN will destroy it, that is a %100 fact.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not just SP that the PKer status leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. In the beginning we had Crafters/Gathers, PvMers, Consensual PvPers, Non-Consensual PvPers and then we had the foul mouthed rez kill PKers that delighted in harassing players that EA made UO "FIX" the problem or subs would continue to fall so UO created Tram and Fel has become the Ghost Town it is today because the little children still refuse to grow up. Dieing was not the problem it was all the childish **** talk after or the rez killing and the children telling you to get the shawarma off UO. You may think it is funny but a lot of players did not and proved it when they left UO/Fel for good. As SP is all FEL you still have the same make up still today and there are even Guilds that blatantly go out of there way to carry on the PKers way of life and as the player base is much older and more maturer they choose not to want to play with the CHILDREN. What happened to HONORABLE PvP where people help each other to learn to be better and the most I ever lost was half my aids or some regs but then comes the PKers that dry loot and then tell you you ain't **** get the shawarma out of here. Even UO admitted it was a failed endeavor and every other game out there learned from UOs mistake and nowhere else do you take the chance to lose everything to a CHILD. SP has a chance to be better and if the CHILDREN would grow up who knows how much the shard could grow. I think what Kelmo and others are trying to do is great but the CHILDREN will destroy it, that is a %100 fact.
Absolutely spot on.

Frodo please we don't need your trolling
How you could possibly consider that trolling is simply crazy.

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
You prove Frodo's point with every word you type and action in game. You're not fooling anyone.

Last edited:

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think someone may have got their feelings hurt in game. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Seems like you need to relax a little. Maybe take a break from the game.

Lets please keep this post on topic. Enough trolling.

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
yes I dry loot why? to make you understand that if you're going to play what is essentially the hardcore mode of UO you better bring it hardcore and loot my suit before I loot yours =D

but lets just call me a child (wish I was)