• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sick of people telling us! WHY DO WE PAY FOR BETA?!

G

Ok First thing about beta is that it has a lot of bugs! stuff! yes! big deal! nothing is perfect.

If you are moaning about Ooh! Why do we pay for this game if it has thousands of bugs, lags, and glitches!

Do you prefer to stop paying for the game and make the game shut down for-ever?

Or, do you perfer to keep paying, so devs can fix it, and make this game live for more years.

J

jammybob

why is that the choice?
Why couldnt wehave continued playing TSO while the test center was made as a test for EA Land? Then we could continue playing and EA Land could have been brought in once it was actually tested first

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol this thread is just asking for people to argue with eachother. Nice going.

G

Yea, I'm not even going to start right now. To whomever started this thread... there are 16 pages of posts a few threads under this one.

Let's not let the cat out of the bag again for a while :p

G

Gaby

<blockquote><hr>

Lol this thread is just asking for people to argue with eachother. Nice going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok First thing about beta is that it has a lot of bugs! stuff! yes! big deal! nothing is perfect.

If you are moaning about Ooh! Why do we pay for this game if it has thousands of bugs, lags, and glitches!

Or, do you perfer to keep paying, so devs can fix it, and make this game live for more years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take this in the context it was meant and not really pay attention to the tone.

I pay b/c I want to have the option to do it all.
If I really felt that EA was raking me over the coal for my exorborant sum of $10 a month per account. I would switch to free...

But i feel I get what I pay for. I'm not unhappy with it.

I respect that others are. And I suggest that they switch to free if it is really sending them into fits of psychosis to have to pay for something they are not pleased with.

If they are all "grrr but I don't want to be limited"

Still..your choice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not beta.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

In all fairness, it does say on the login screen "EA Land (Beta)".

For the original poster, I have a challenge for you. Name one MMORPG game that does not have bugs and devs constantly fixing them and adding new content. Personally, I can't think of any and those games cost more than this one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, but it's wrong. Even the devs say so.

G

be thankful that it is beta and hope that they don't do a wipe like they did in the old days of TSO. This is BETA folks, give the Devs a break, they are working to fix things. If you don't want to pay for the game then for goodness sakes, cancel as a paying account. There are those of us that are willing to pay while it is in Beta, yes we may complain, but if you look at the forum when the game is down, we are addicted and want in to play. We may complain, but I can almost guarantee that we won't cancel our accounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you log in, doesn't it say EA-Land Under Construction? That means BETA!

F

Fool at TC

<blockquote><hr>

For the original poster, I have a challenge for you. Name one MMORPG game that does not have bugs and devs constantly fixing them and adding new content. Personally, I can't think of any and those games cost more than this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game does not have devs who are constantly fixing bugs. In case you haven't noticed, this game has been one big broken bug ever since the merge.

For Maxis, I have a challenge for you.
Learn how to run a video game plz.

G

In all fairness to the Devs, this game is no longer affiliated with Maxis. I have to disagree about the bug fixes, they are doing much that we aren't aware of. I can almost bet that there are some bugs that are fixed before we as players ever have a chance to discover them. You all have no faith in the Devs to get things done. I myself know that they are busting their backsides off trying to get things done in a timely manner. There will always be someone out there that will complain cause it isn't going as fast as they think it should. I say... If you think you can do better than the Devs, then go apply for a job with Electronic Arts and show the Devs how it is done. And until that time, let's all give the Devs a much needed break from all our harping and whining. I will always be supporter of the hard work they do. Go DEVS Go!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you log in, doesn't it say EA-Land Under Construction? That means BETA!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you think the devs are lying to us.

F

Fool at TC

Sorry to WhisperingRuby in advance for ripping your post apart. I am angry at this game, so I am taking it out with words against the people who disagree with me.

<blockquote><hr>

In all fairness to the Devs, this game is no longer affiliated with Maxis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the devs still have "Maxis" infront of their name.

<blockquote><hr>

I have to disagree about the bug fixes, they are doing much that we aren't aware of. I can almost bet that there are some bugs that are fixed before we as players ever have a chance to discover them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I am discovering is that I have been unable to play the game for 2 days straight. If they are doing anything that we aren't aware of except for scratching their heads and picking their nose, then apparently it isn't fixing the game.

<blockquote><hr>

You all have no faith in the Devs to get things done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, I do not. It took them 3 years of no updates for them to even think of starting EALand. They did not even bother fixing the bugs that have been around since beta before merging all the cities into one big buggy city.

<blockquote><hr>

I say... If you think you can do better than the Devs, then go apply for a job with Electronic Arts and show the Devs how it is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say the Devs need to learn how to run an MMOG before excepting new employees. I recommend they take notes on SL and Theres' devs first.

<blockquote><hr>

And until that time, let's all give the Devs a much needed break from all our harping and whining. I will always be supporter of the hard work they do. Go DEVS Go!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect your positivity, but I won't be supporting the devs until they give us a much needed break from $9.99 a month that pays for nothing but aggrevation for most. EA, take all your billions and buy something useful, like someone who actually knows what they are doing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry to WhisperingRuby in advance for ripping your post apart. I am angry at this game, so I am taking it out with words against the people who disagree with me.

<blockquote><hr>

In all fairness to the Devs, this game is no longer affiliated with Maxis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the devs still have "Maxis" infront of their name.

<blockquote><hr>

I have to disagree about the bug fixes, they are doing much that we aren't aware of. I can almost bet that there are some bugs that are fixed before we as players ever have a chance to discover them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I am discovering is that I have been unable to play the game for 2 days straight. If they are doing anything that we aren't aware of except for scratching their heads and picking their nose, then apparently it isn't fixing the game.

<blockquote><hr>

You all have no faith in the Devs to get things done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, I do not. It took them 3 years of no updates for them to even think of starting EALand. They did not even bother fixing the bugs that have been around since beta before merging all the cities into one big buggy city.

<blockquote><hr>

I say... If you think you can do better than the Devs, then go apply for a job with Electronic Arts and show the Devs how it is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say the Devs need to learn how to run an MMOG before excepting new employees. I recommend they take notes on SL and Theres' devs first.

<blockquote><hr>

And until that time, let's all give the Devs a much needed break from all our harping and whining. I will always be supporter of the hard work they do. Go DEVS Go!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect your positivity, but I won't be supporting the devs until they give us a much needed break from $9.99 a month that pays for nothing but aggrevation for most. EA, take all your billions and buy something useful, like someone who actually knows what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the devs will be soaking their pillows with tears tonight b/c fool (who obviously is well educated on what it takes to run an online game) doesn't respect them.

G

How can you even know what the dev's are or aren't doing?
Do you work on the game? No.

I can't even IMAGINE what they must go through on a daily basis.
New bugs coming in all the time... and the hate mail... oh, the hate mail.

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again... if you disagree with what's going on in the game, or NOT going on for some of you, then quit paying for it!
Plain and simple.

And some people who have been "threatening" to cancel subscriptions... go ahead.
Quite honestly... if I were a developer, and all the cranky people who do nothing but sit on their butts and post threads about how much they hate the game decided to quit... I'd probably be quite happy.

We don't need that kind of negativity in this game... because, believe it or not, there ARE people who actually enjoy playing... despite the bumps along the way... myself included

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I'm sensing alot of multi-quotings, "k thx."s and other random forms of sarcasm and/or rudeness coming to this thread soon...

*grabs the popcorn and takes cover*

I

imported_MattelMichele

I have gone this far, even through the ho hum days i continued to pay. Would i stop because of kinks, bugs, or server outages- heck no! I just love the game that much

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Here Here! This game has had its share of ups and downs... and yes, some more downs... But the point is that most of us are still here and we're here because, despite all the little kinks and bugs, *WE LOVE THIS GAME*. So come on, people.

Give the DEVs a break! If we didn't have them, TSO wouldn't be here anymore. You should remember that before you pounce all over them! They can only take so much before they up and leave and the game we love goes *POOF*.

Seriously, ease up. Let them do what they do best and I'm sure everything will be worked out, one bug at a time, and we will be left with something great.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sensing alot of multi-quotings, "k thx."s and other random forms of sarcasm and/or rudeness coming to this thread soon...

*grabs the popcorn and takes cover*

[/ QUOTE ]

O rly? Who?!?!? Who? I like to be in the know...

Ok so the reason why Fool got quoted in his entirety is because I like to do that when I find people to be grossly inaccurate. That way they can't come in and stealth edit.

I was going to point out all of the inaccuracies in his post (such as this team of devs not updating the game for 3 years) but... I figure everyone is smart enough to know without me pointing that out. Plus... I'm multitasking I really don't have time to go through the whole thiing. So I just basically let him know how hurt the team will be by his specific disappointment and ... inaccuracy.

T

TKSpeedy1

I didn't pay a monthly fee to beta test TSO, so why should I need to beta test EALand? That's why.

I

imported_MattelMichele

And neither did i. All i can say is switch to a free account if your unhappy, nothing more nothing less.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

And neither did i. All i can say is switch to a free account if your unhappy, nothing more nothing less.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how would that help? Free accounts are limited to what they can do, if I remember correctly. And also lot size is limited, correct? I have several size 8 lots. I can't "beta test" efficiently if I can't have access to every aspect of the game, now can I? In TSO, we didn't have limitations. So switching to a free account to me would be pointless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And how would that help? Free accounts are limited to what they can do, if I remember correctly. And also lot size is limited, correct? I have several size 8 lots. I can't "beta test" efficiently if I can't have access to every aspect of the game, now can I? In TSO, we didn't have limitations. So switching to a free account to me would be pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then I guess you have to still pay

I guess this is what they mean by "stuck between a rock and a hard place"
or w/e it is

G

For the past year I been paying and didn't play, in hopes I wouldn't lose anything in a city clean up if I decided to come back. It brings me joy to see custom content finally arrive. It's only up from here. There were wars a few years ago on these boards about custom content. No problems here paying for beta, happy to be a part of the beginning of what I think will be a huge success. Today I met many from other countries leaving second life and loving the new Ea Land, our New Earth.

G

I don't enjoy being stupid, so I try to be smart, but not the way you mean.

I was being sympathetic to your plight

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then I guess you have to still pay

I guess this is what they mean by "stuck between a rock and a hard place"
or w/e it is

[/ QUOTE ]
NOIP
YOU PEOPLE ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

There is only one guaranteed solution to all the crap going on in the game and on the boards..................................................

A week of drunken debauchery in Vegas, Baby!

Hey Pari - still got them 6 inch heels???

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't enjoy being stupid,

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't????
I find it sooo refreshing.

G

well, when drunk.

But I'm not now so... but with the whole vegas thing... things are looking up.

F

Fool at TC

<blockquote><hr>

I was going to point out all of the inaccuracies in his post (such as this team of devs not updating the game for 3 years) but... I figure everyone is smart enough to know without me pointing that out. Plus... I'm multitasking I really don't have time to go through the whole thiing. So I just basically let him know how hurt the team will be by his specific disappointment and ... inaccuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,
They will be almost as hurt as me because some chick with over 6,000 posts and a signiture saying "We Like Mud" quoted me to be incorrect.

*tiny violin for me and the dev team both*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,
They will be almost as hurt as me because some chick with over 6,000 posts and a signiture saying "We Like Mud" quoted me to be incorrect.

*tiny violin for me and the dev team both*

[/ QUOTE ]

another inaccuracy. It reads we like mud. My siggy doesn't have a speaking voice.
Also wasn't out to hurt you. Just let you know that you made the dev team sad

I

imported_Danny Dots

I pay so the game can last. If you have a problem with the game, then don't pay for it, you can play for free!

I would of paid during TSO beta if they asked us to, I just love the game so much. So what if theres lag sometimes and countless bugs. We don't live in a perfect world.

J

jammybob

hey, you people ought not to be so polorized in your opinions, theres good and bad in everything...
EALand for instance....

The bad: Constant crashes, not able to log on often to be crashed, no money, not much chance of ever making money, plots of land too expensive, goods too expensive, only being able to use one sim on second account, skill bonuses squashed, top 100 list bonuses gone, no rare pets as no-one can afford to pet-pull, catalogue item costs closing stores. unable to purchase catalogue items unless you own a store, CC items causing lag lag &amp; more lag

The good: ............ummm........ ummm..... ummmm..... please be patient here.....ummm.....oh, 30 allowed on a lot !!

perhaps i should revise my original statement?

Its still the best game out there though

G

I look at it this way - you enjoy the game, or you don't. If you do, and you want the full benefits then pay, or you are willling to give up some of them then play free - if you don't then simply stop paying, do something else and don't worry about it. The problem I have seen with the forum posts is that most people don't just see a game or trying to save one, but how it can benefit them, which is human nature I suppose, but come on, this game was dieing and we all know it. A few people started working to save it, and they are STILL working to save it, and they get what? pancakes constantly. That's what I have seen from lurking the forums. They aren't Gods, or Magicians, they can only do so much so quickly. I worry that all the pancakes will make them quit completely.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I look at it this way - you enjoy the game, or you don't. If you do, and you want the full benefits then pay, or you are willling to give up some of them then play free - if you don't then simply stop paying, do something else and don't worry about it. The problem I have seen with the forum posts is that most people don't just see a game or trying to save one, but how it can benefit them, which is human nature I suppose, but come on, this game was dieing and we all know it. A few people started working to save it, and they are STILL working to save it, and they get what? pancakes constantly. That's what I have seen from lurking the forums. They aren't Gods, or Magicians, they can only do so much so quickly. I worry that all the pancakes will make them quit completely.

[/ QUOTE ]
x. right on.

except for the last line. I don't think that this game is something they'll take away simply b/c the players are whiners and panic attackers. If it has potential profit ... it will exist. If it does not... it will not.

But I agree with everything else you said.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I worry that all the pancakes will make them quit completely.

[/ QUOTE ]
They would have already been gone, if that were the case.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Today I met many from other countries leaving second life and loving the new Ea Land, our New Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good news!