• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sick of FREELOADERS at work !!

• Thread starter Whitilicious 07'
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

Whitilicious 07'

Who else is sick of going to work and AVATARS coming into to do nothing but AFK ? I call them avatars because no simmie would do that . Tried to lure and couldn't , i work for my money so should everyone else ....how hard is it to click a ******** mouse button ? Something really needs to be done about it . We ALL left the lot and put her on ignore and went to another lot to work . We shouldn't have to do this !!!! Ok im finished with my hissy fit :p:p . Now im goign to take the frustration out on rl shopping woooooooot . tata

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sounds like you took the right course of action by leaving and ignoring. I would have gone one step further and not produced a single bot before leaving. Why make any money at all for these people? If their motive is to get you to make money for them...then don't. If their motive is just to be a pain in the arse, then ignore them and move on.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Well the ignore feature is there to use. What other types of solutions can you think of that is better?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I suggested a holding room that afk players could be lured into that would deplete their needs so fast that they would die of starvation
. However, this only works for the truely afk worker. In fact, give every worker the ability to use lure interaction in factories
To combat a griefer that is intent on annoying you...best you can do is ignore and move on. I wouldn't even feed their ego with discussion or allowing them to see that I was annoyed. Ignore, leave, move on without a word.

I

imported_julilyn

make sure you wait untill the last second of break to dash out so that the idiot is there alone for a whole shift or gets tthe penalty for leaving work early

G

That was my thought too, Gracie - give the power of Lure to everyone at the factories.

Although that would threaten my goal of becoming EA-Land's factory fixer ... oh, well. As long as it would be for the greater good.

Is it true that if you put someone on ignore, you will not end up on the same job lot as that avatar?

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol, if we had time and money to waste it would be fun to just go on strike, everyone there just stand around too, not doing anything. lol.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Is it true that if you put someone on ignore, you will not end up on the same job lot as that avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who else is sick of going to work and AVATARS coming into to do nothing but AFK ? I call them avatars because no simmie would do that . Tried to lure and couldn't , i work for my money so should everyone else ....how hard is it to click a ******** mouse button ? Something really needs to be done about it . We ALL left the lot and put her on ignore and went to another lot to work . We shouldn't have to do this !!!! Ok im finished with my hissy fit :p:p . Now im goign to take the frustration out on rl shopping woooooooot . tata

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats never happened to me, but wow, thats a bucket of suck XD She might've gone afk and accidently been sent to work, but it might be good if the system looked at the work each sim does in order to give out the payouts instead of making it all split down the middle. Or at the least, monitering a sim who does nothing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally wish there was another way to make sure you didn't work with somebody other than ignoring them. Apart from the freeloaders that I just as soon not have anything to do with *at all*, maybe it's just me but I am a bit neurotic/OCD in my 'routine' at work, and there's been some people that I like on a personal level, have no problem with them, but our work styles just do not mesh at all. It would be nice to be able to gracefully avoid working with these people, while still being able to keep a pleasant casual relationship with them otherwise.

Likewise, it would be wonderful if the iggy feature worked on multi-person job *objects* so that if you have a person on ignore they cannot follow you around from pizza table to pizza table. THAT is one of the main things that made me quit pizzaing with others before the payouts ever dropped. Nothing is worse than that kind of griefer, especially if you are in a house where the owner or roomie has sympathy for them and thinks that players should not *have* to have skill to play pizza.....ugh and argh. LOL.

W

Whitilicious 07'

If that was the case she would have been outside not in the factory standing by a machine , then when work was about to start stands in the middle floating AFK we tried to have her lured it wouldnt work because she was sitting there im sure she put all of us on ignore so we couldnt have any interactions wih her . I took a screenie and sent it to the devs so i guess sit back and wait for soemthing to be done .

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats never happened to me, but wow, thats a bucket of suck XD She might've gone afk and accidently been sent to work, but it might be good if the system looked at the work each sim does in order to give out the payouts instead of making it all split down the middle. Or at the least, monitering a sim who does nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get carnapped, you stay outside the job lot - you have to choose to enter it.

If its obvious that someone has no real intention of helping out and is consistently afk (I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for the first shift) then I wouldn't hesitate to put them on ignore.

Polly

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally wish there was another way to make sure you didn't work with somebody other than ignoring them. Apart from the freeloaders that I just as soon not have anything to do with *at all*, maybe it's just me but I am a bit neurotic/OCD in my 'routine' at work, and there's been some people that I like on a personal level, have no problem with them, but our work styles just do not mesh at all. It would be nice to be able to gracefully avoid working with these people, while still being able to keep a pleasant casual relationship with them otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually I'll just temp. ignore them long enough to call a cab and land at work. Then I un-ignore them. lol

G

I might be wrong, but I thought if you put someone on ignore during work that you left the factory?

I doubt the devs would be able to do much? They couldn't prove that she intentionally showed up to work to go afk - something urgent could have come up at the last minute? Doubtful if it keeps happening, but its not something they could prove.

Your best course of action is to put her/him on ignore if you haven't already.

Polly

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise, it would be wonderful if the iggy feature worked on multi-person job *objects* so that if you have a person on ignore they cannot follow you around from pizza table to pizza table. THAT is one of the main things that made me quit pizzaing with others before the payouts ever dropped. Nothing is worse than that kind of griefer, especially if you are in a house where the owner or roomie has sympathy for them and thinks that players should not *have* to have skill to play pizza.....ugh and argh. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to be graceful with me. I have OCD workers ignore me all the time. One of my best friends used to be very OCD about her bots. You are right that many players have different play styles. Fortunately, I was able to convert her to a little more fun than being a bot drone. Some of my friends and I play a more chaotic version of the game at robot factory and it makes OCD workers very nervous. While our style of game play produces the same number of bots each time as if we had been OCD about it, this doesn't always relieve the stress felt by the OCD worker.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I might be wrong, but I thought if you put someone on ignore during work that you left the factory?

I doubt the devs would be able to do much? They couldn't prove that she intentionally showed up to work to go afk - something urgent could have come up at the last minute? Doubtful if it keeps happening, but its not something they could prove.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't affect you, or them, staying at work. It'd be awesome though that if every single member of a team put a particular player on ignore that THAT player would get booted from the lot though. And no, they couldn't prove it, but they *could* make it so that if you don't do any clicking for at least 50% of a shift that you lose the payout for that shift.....that would penalize those with RL emergencies too, but look at it this way....if you're at your RL job and your kid gets sick at school and you have to pick them up, thus taking off work, unless you've accumulated sick time you lose that pay. Maybe jobs could accumulate sick time after so many shifts worked, so that players could choose to use that for the RL emergencies that pop up. Something's got to be done though, it's not fair for somebody to get pay for somebody else's work, no matter what the reason....especially if it happens more than once in a row.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some of my friends and I play a more chaotic version of the game at robot factory

[/ QUOTE ]

lol chaotic? That could be the understatement of the day !

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to be graceful with me. I have OCD workers ignore me all the time. One of my best friends used to be very OCD about her bots. You are right that many players have different play styles. Fortunately, I was able to convert her to a little more fun than being a bot drone. Some of my friends and I play a more chaotic version of the game at robot factory and it makes OCD workers very nervous. While our style of game play produces the same number of bots each time as if we had been OCD about it, this doesn't always relieve the stress felt by the OCD worker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.....do tell......the more chaotic version I can think of would entail purposely running across the belts as the robots are coming by, seeing how many times you can dodge death before AviGrimmy gets you LOL. Am I close?

G

<blockquote><hr>

And no, they couldn't prove it, but they *could* make it so that if you don't do any clicking for at least 50% of a shift that you lose the payout for that shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever worked the higher levels at the robot factory? Its perfectly feasible that with 6 people working, if the first 3 or 4 machines break down simultaneously, the person on machine 8 will have nothing to do for a large part of the shift - unless they help with repairs.

Its also perfectly possible for someone to click aimlessly on things and not actually contribute to working.

Polly

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't affect you, or them, staying at work. It'd be awesome though that if every single member of a team put a particular player on ignore that THAT player would get booted from the lot though. And no, they couldn't prove it, but they *could* make it so that if you don't do any clicking for at least 50% of a shift that you lose the payout for that shift.....that would penalize those with RL emergencies too, but look at it this way....if you're at your RL job and your kid gets sick at school and you have to pick them up, thus taking off work, unless you've accumulated sick time you lose that pay. Maybe jobs could accumulate sick time after so many shifts worked, so that players could choose to use that for the RL emergencies that pop up. Something's got to be done though, it's not fair for somebody to get pay for somebody else's work, no matter what the reason....especially if it happens more than once in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I can see cliques or groups of mafia taking over factories using this feature and I'd spend the entire work day trying to find someplace to work. I don't believe in giving gangs power.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

You can work with me anytime QT!! Catch me sometime online and I'll let you know when I'm working with the chaos crew. It's a little hard to explain. You have to see it to believe it. Ocassionally a death will occur. However, my compadres and I have honed our skills and rarely die by accident. I figured out that even playing the OCD version, deaths occur occassionally. The only true way to avoid death is to live life as a drone and proceed with all caution. However, this style of game play will produce fewer bots per session.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Murderer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. Never believe that "meek shall inherit" stuff anyways. I save my murdering ways for afkers, botters and exceptionally rude. I prefer to think of it as a public service really. Robocop!

G

Sign me up for that also

I am always in the mood for multiple deaths at work lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

If that was the case she would have been outside not in the factory standing by a machine , then when work was about to start stands in the middle floating AFK we tried to have her lured it wouldnt work because she was sitting there im sure she put all of us on ignore so we couldnt have any interactions wih her . I took a screenie and sent it to the devs so i guess sit back and wait for soemthing to be done .

[/ QUOTE ]

By ignoring the interactions don't work? That's interesting. If it ends up being where she didn't ignore have you tried picking a fight with the AFKer to see if it will get them off that AFK rug that they proudly sit on?

W

Whitilicious 07'

She put us on ignore after 1 sim tried to interact with her . So no we havent .

G

The trouble is that it's too hard to switch workplaces.

<font color="blue">I want a button "Change workplace", so you can click the button and immediately be transferred to a fresh lot.</font>

If you had a player on ignore they wouldn't be able to follow you there - they could sit happily afk in the empty lot.

Also in the future when they have more time for that sort of thing, I would like a "report workplace afk" button, like the "report Battleground afk" in Wow.

P

poppet

TTL

Wouldnt it be easier to not allow anyone to afk inside the factory walls?

I

imported_TraciRK

ROFL we do have a good time at work, though Gracie tends to break a lot of things. But we always try to help the poor dear. But seriously, if you like to just stand at a machine and activiate, might want to stay away from the chaos crew, we tend to run around and have fun teasing each other. Just another way we find to have fun in the game, we are goofy that way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="blue">I want a button "Change workplace", so you can click the button and immediately be transferred to a fresh lot.</font>

If you had a player on ignore they wouldn't be able to follow you there - they could sit happily afk in the empty lot.

Also in the future when they have more time for that sort of thing, I would like a "report workplace afk" button, like the "report Battleground afk" in Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with making being afk at work a reportable offense, but I like the idea of a "Change workplace location" button. I hope you make that suggestion on the Wiki.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Wonder if they could just add an option to pie menu of wall phones. "Transfer to new workplace" and install phones outside each jobsite.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with making being afk at work a reportable offense, but I like the idea of a "Change workplace location" button. I hope you make that suggestion on the Wiki.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you agree with afk'ing at work being a reportable offense? We're not talking about 'uh oh, gotta grab the kid playing in the sink' or 'call of nature, brb'.....we're talking about people that its painfully obvious that the enter the doors just to get the payout. DJ and dancer between shifts kick you off your station and if you don't hop back on the station before the next round, you do not get paid whether you're inside or not. If that place can do it, I don't understand why the other two jobs automatically get paid just for being in the building.

And yes I understand about the workstations being broken thing, but when I've worked the factory and have a station broken, nobody fixed my machines for me....I was still clicking because I diagnosed it and ran for the part that it called for myself, so I don't understand why simply having machines broken down would mean that somebody sat idle for the large part of the shift?

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I always thought the first person to arrive at work should be foreman and given the right to boot...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I always thought the first person to arrive at work should be foreman and given the right to boot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gwd! If they did this then no one would work cause if one sim didn't like another or wanted to work alone. They would boot them.

I

imported_TraciRK

Not to mention there would be a massive run on the phones to call taxis and everyone would timeout trying to get to work. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gwd! If they did this then no one would work cause if one sim didn't like another or wanted to work alone. They would boot them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But even if that happened, I don't think there's a limited amount of work lots, so the player would just get sent to a new lot.....who wants to work with somebody that obviously doesn't want to work with them. That takes all teh fun out of it for me. I'd rather skip a shift all together than be somewhere I'm not welcome, personally.

G

I want to come to the work lot just to watch though! That sounds hysterical.....stand around and watch OUTSIDE the walls of course

G

Maybe eventually if all the other problems get straightened out we could have some sort of "rate your coworkers" thing. It wouldn't count toward anything except who you endup working with, and it wouldn't have to be perfect all the time, but at least that way, if two sims rate each other highly in that department they might be put together on another shift and if you rate your friends who you enjoy as people but not as coworkers lowly, you might have to work with them less often. It could be completely anonymous and it might help people who work a certain way to group with others who have the same habits, or at least aren't their complete opposites. It would also help get rid of situations like the one this post was about because if enough people got tired of her doing that, she'd eventually endup working with other people nobody wants to work with or working alone.