• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show me your castle courtyards please ...

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am definitely going to have to check it out - I love drooling over other people's collections :) I even think I may still have some of those old runes...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My courtyard as it currently stands. Still messing with it a little :)

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to check out your castle clops and both doors were locked.. I wanted to check it out but couldn't get in to.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What is your last picture from? An event area? Or is it still in game?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a little update for mine; the new Kings Collection items prove to be tricky to place... the tapestries won't go near stairs, and many of them can't be raised with the deco tool, so you're limited in locations with a castle. However I found they can go outside on the exterior walls. You'll also see the Plant tapestry, one that can't be raised can be mounted in the inner windows without blocking the view, and sits above the Seed Tray there (which goes nicely with that being the seed storage wing for me). I moved the pixes to the outer wall as well, so the entire set could be together. The small floral tapestry in the Kings Set can go against the inner stairs as shown (just visible at the top of the image), but not on them.

The new bells can be raised above ground level from the courtyard, and thus mounted outside of the tower as illustrated on my Tower Of Cow here; The large Bell however can't and being 2x2 blocks much of the castle real estate sadly.

Now to scatter a few poppy dusts around to make the ground floor appear prettier... and maybe some more floral tapestries for behind the soul forge!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I thought all you did, Adol, was fish! Methinks we have a closeted "deco master" here... Great job dewd! ;)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just started and there will be changes, but this is how it looks at the bottom.
back courtyard.png front courtyard.png
I want to fill all four spaces above as well. Huge job as im not an expert on gozas and floating stuff and I will test what can be done. I did the NW part but its a mess and will be taken down if my skills improve while im working on the rest.
upper NW.png
Hopefully I can make a vine yard somewhere but ill stick to mainly green and blue. I dont want to make a mess of colours and items that hurt my eyes .This castle is a country home , not a museum. If anyone have done something like this or have advices, esp how to make it look good and not show floating gozas above you when you step on certain tiles it would be great!

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A week later, slowly loosing my sanity..

Ive made SE NE space , working on NW. It takes so much more focusing and planning than I had dremt of. Thought I could do a little now and then at random locations. It made my Molly fall trough the goza floor all the time and random carpets to hide under gozas next day etc.
Now I think I got hang of it , but I realise its time to re decorate half of the castle to interact with the new areas:eek: . As you can see I have the Skara Brae pumpkin field behind the castle so I try to make it part of my place.. and moving the pumpkins started a domino effect.. Ill be back with pics in a bit but right now its a total mess . Im tempted to do something about the clours too, loved Miss Echos soft green castle. Its just that red is so very UO-ish to me..the dragon heads original pentagrams and Magincia thrones , virtue tapestries..poppies.. Dont know where it will land.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im doing better now but sometimes I get strange things happening. Like raised goza mats dissapearing ower night. It leaves a hole that wasnt there when I finished the day before and its hard to find when I have decorations on top. It makes the gosa mats visible from the bottom level, with some of the deco showing as well. Finding thoose holes is a pain! Any clues?
This is north part of the castle first bottom and then upper level and I got it right there..at last.
prob lower N.png prob upper N.png

Ok..so the front part. Made the east side several days ago and yestarday the west side. This morning a goza was gone in the sw corner , I fixed that and adjusted the deco and it looked as expected: prob upper S.png

I went downstairs to start there ..nothing floating in the air , whats left is a piece of cake.. prob lower S1.png

Its just..when Molly walks east..standing on a bunch of tiles makes it look like this: prob lower S2.png
It should be atleadst one hole but east or west?? Do I have to remove it all and start all ower or is there anything I could try first?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Solved.I removed carpets and gozas front west and east and discovered the east goza floor was a little bit higer than the others. I lowered it and it looks promicing. Now I just have to put back the deco and do the bottom..touch wood..

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was an incredible amount of work, with a really beautiful result.... I would love to own that piece of castle art!