• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Shouting in the Halls of Blackthorn

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Commander Forthwin and Magister Rainard shall be present in Castle Blackthorn in the days prior to the Council meeting. Use the keyword “hello” to start the conversation to learn more about the current situation.]

The King of Britannia walked through the halls of Castle Blackthorn, his steps swift with purpose, his arms held behind his back, and his head tilted downward in contemplation. Around him, the muffled shouts of two men echoed throughout the typically quiet corridors. As his two arms thrust open the double doors into the parlor, the shouting suddenly became clear and loud.

“..and I’m telling you, Forthwin, if you break the seal, we will all be DOOMED!”

“Am I to presume, mage, that you want this evil to continue existing in our realm?!”

“Better that than the Kingdom cease to exist!”

“Preposterous! You cannot seriously expect–“

“Commander! Magister!” The sudden, commanding voice of the King brought Arthur Forthwin and Magister Rainard to silence. “Is this about the tomb?”

Magister Rainard immediately forward. “Your Majesty, I humbly ask that we do not disturb that tomb. It is presents a danger to the Kingdom.” No sooner had the words passed Rainard’s lips, did Forthwin interject. “And allow this evil to continue its existence? Are you mad?! Save ourselves, and doom a future generation?!”

Rainard rolled his eyes, having already heard these very arguments from the Commander, seemingly a thousand times. “Once again, these objects CAN be stored safely in His Majesty’s vault! Why resort to violence when we do not even have to?”

Pinching the bridge of his nose and gritting his teeth, Forthwin had all the appearances of an impatient man about to burst into a fit of shouting. But just as he began, “Rainard, you snivelling..,” did the King interrupt. “Enough!” The two fell silent again. The King spoke again.

“Commander. Magister. Return to your chambers. I have heard both of your sides already. I shall bring this matter to the Council for further discussion. And if they cannot come to a conclusion, then I will make a decision myself.” With that, the three men parted ways, and silence returned to the dark halls of Castle Blackthorn.

Continue reading...