• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should I, or should I not??

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I get an offer to become the Pacific Reporter, then I will have a difficult choice to make.. Should I? I really would love to but at the same time, I do not want to fail as your reporter. Time is another issue as well, time being short, as I am a busy man. I will invest all the time I can if I do become a reporter. I will report on anything that I receive such as vendor malls, player establishments, player fiction and more.. Most reporters will report on their own experiences. If I become a reporter, then I wish to report on your experiences, I want you to PM me your recent vendor malls opening up, your taverns, and your player fiction. I will hold weekly Pacific community spotlights to cater for role-players and I will have weekly housing design contests.. I have always wanted to help build up or re-build the community of Pacific. This would be my chance. It is just a matter of deciding and if stratics wants to pick me in the first place... Pacific has not had a reporter in a very, very long time and I do not want to make a mistake.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey, cold feet NOW?
Come on, you will be fine.
I heard that once... *winks*

Velvathos, you would be amazed at how quickly you can pick up on the skills you say you don't have.

If you can type a coherent sentence, post a picture, enjoy the game and feel your shard is a community, you just might enjoy it.

I view it as community service. I love the community I am in.

One more thing. Do not feel you have to cover it all. Impossible task...

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific has not had a reporter in a very, very long time and I do not want to make a mistake.
Thats just silly. In a community where they have had nothing most enjoy anything they can get. Its like when you actually get ahold of a GM you become ecstatic! Failure is nearly impossible, if anything is done its better than the nothing that currently exists.

B

Balian of Asgard

agreed,

I do support velv for pac reporter, I think he already has the job, all he has to do is start :bowdown:

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you should! Don't worry too much about finding the time to post; currently we have no reporter so any reporting will be better than none :)
You will be excellent.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who takes the time to write the roleplaying stories that you have written would obviously make a good reporter.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Raisen. However, ANYONE can be a reporter, all they have to do is find new and post it. But you have a way of telling a story Raisen.... Makes ya wanna keep reading, now just imaging if those stories included names that we know and love/hate... I look forward to it Raisen.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Raisen. However, ANYONE can be a reporter, all they have to do is find new and post it. But you have a way of telling a story Raisen.... Makes ya wanna keep reading, now just imaging if those stories included names that we know and love/hate... I look forward to it Raisen.
Everything I write actually happens in game.. The Guardsmen Militia Reports thread is going to be a in character thread of my guild and our roleplaying in game, where everything we do such as patrols, hunts, gate duties, recruit cadres, training sessions, or any events that we do, a member will be chosen to write a report on it and we will post it on the thread here on stratics.. A lot more of my stories are mostly backgrounds for my characters, it is helping me greatly for when I roleplay, and helps define the guild and my charaters.. Now all I need is members.. *grins*

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything I write actually happens in game.. The Guardsmen Militia Reports thread is going to be a in character thread of my guild and our roleplaying in game, where everything we do such as patrols, hunts, gate duties, recruit cadres, training sessions, or any events that we do, a member will be chosen to write a report on it and we will post it on the thread here on stratics.. A lot more of my stories are mostly backgrounds for my characters, it is helping me greatly for when I roleplay, and helps define the guild and my charaters.. Now all I need is members.. *grins*
You can still be in RP mode... but if you become reporter... Try to get into the pvp world. And other things, like highlight certain new guilds, or older guilds... I mean there is a TON to do. I just hope you don't SOLID focus on JUST the small RPing community.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still be in RP mode... but if you become reporter... Try to get into the pvp world. And other things, like highlight certain new guilds, or older guilds... I mean there is a TON to do. I just hope you don't SOLID focus on JUST the small RPing community.
I am going to be greatly involved in the PVP world as I roleplay... When I get involved in the PvP lands known as Felucca, I will write stories of my experiences there, but I will write the report like I write a story, it will be like reading some fiction from a book.. :D

You can still roleplay when you PvP. The focus is not roleplaying. It is storytelling. When I become a reporter though I am not just gonna focus on my experiences, I honestly want you guys to write your own stories and send it to me. I will edit and post one every week. It can even be non-fiction things that happen when your not playing the game, but still related to UO.

This is a example:

http://www.uo.com/spot_0.html

S

suprshadow

if i wasnt quitting i'd love to write my stories of just pwning and straight rippen M but my account is closed as of tomorrow :)

X

Xug'Klerg

Yub, diz ib da unli oomie 'ere wu shood beh Pacifuk mud! Har, har!

S

SUPRsalad

I think velv, you should put a char in most of the major pvp guilds for your fel-side report.

SUPR< DOS< SON!< M< ... wait.. is that it?

B

Balian of Asgard

whats up with cd? are they playing much these days?

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think velv, you should put a char in most of the major pvp guilds for your fel-side report.

SUPR< DOS< SON!< M< ... wait.. is that it?
Maybe, I don't know.. I do PvP, but I look for roleplaying alternatives in order to PvP, other than that, I love it. I am sure SUPR and other guilds would let me in, everyone loves me! But again, I am not one of the elite PvP'rs.. I will keep that offer on the table though.. *grins*

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats up with cd? are they playing much these days?
I am a very, very good friend of BIG John(current guildmaster), him and I have both played together since pre-aos and both of us were in a guild called PDC, a Trammel guild mostly, but the guild back then was mostly about building a strong community, and it was our first guild for us both and I think we both draw inspiration from it. And he is such a great guy and everyone in CD is really cool as far as I can tell.. There is still some 420 members around as well. Anyways, yes, there is around 100 characters in CD still. I remember a lot of them had moved to another shard at one point, Legends I think.

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be interesting if you could expand your reporting to include non-PvP players. While watching IDOCs I often come across the same people. Who/what is their in-game persona. No RL stuff, just in-game history. Do they have famous PvP alt characters? Moby Grape and Matriarch are two examples.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be interesting if you could expand your reporting to include non-PvP players. While watching IDOCs I often come across the same people. Who/what is their in-game persona. No RL stuff, just in-game history. Do they have famous PvP alt characters? Moby Grape and Matriarch are two examples.
I will be including everyone, I will possibly attend all the idocs I can, and do a report on them, while remaining in character, I am even making a stealther/hider for champion spawns, I intend to join possibly SUPR with that character. And I will write the report like I write my fiction. Writing fiction is what I am best at.