• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should I bother?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am one of "those geeks" who likes to keep things juuuuust right. You know, everything in it's place. My problem is my current girlfriend has no concept of what that means.

The day it was available I purchased DDO off the shelf. Being a D&D pencil and paper guy from way-the-heck back I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Prior to my current girlfriend I had all three cd's kept in the box, along with my store receipt. :D Well...some how or another, she was curious one day while I was gone at work and opened my precious D&D box... she lost disk three of the three disk set. :rant2: I don't know if it's OCD from deep within' me or what... but I was considering hitting up E-bay or something to add that third disk back to my collection.

Mind you I am aware that 40% of DDO is now free-2-play. But I have recently been considering re-activating my account. And I miss my old characters...like my warforged. :sad3:

Do you think I should bother buying it? And if you do think so... how much is the "full-blown" account activation subscription now-a-days?