• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

should i bother selling LRC suits?

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to sell a lot of these before i took an extended break for about a year. It seems like there's less people and/or everyone already has a crafter.

I was thinking of selling barbed 6MR 100% LRC for 30k. and 6MR 100% LRC all 70's resist for 70k. I also use to sell dex suits with LMC but have no idea what they cost now that relics fragments are so easy to get.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i would say throw a couple on a vendor and see what happens. if they go quick, add 15% and put more for sale.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There is a market out there for more than decent armor.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I say go for it. Like you say, there's less people and the few people left are self-sufficient. So, profit margins are narrow. But Sieger's like to keep things "in the family" and having vendors that can consistently offer reasonably priced goods to potential new Siege players is important. I operate a vendor that sells with almost no profit, and sometimes at a loss, for that reason.... You wont get rich but at least you're doing something good. Lol. Occasionally you'll log on, your vendor sold out, and yay gold! :D

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making gold from vendors is a rare thing now. I've just made a profit from a vendor the last week by selling cannon fuses which is a pleasant change. Problem is making fuses tie up a lot of play time. Ran out of wool and now have to shear nearly 375 sheep to make the needed yarn to craft 1000 fuses, doggone 10% fail rate on the things. The things do sell quickly though. Amusing thing was the buyer told me I was selling them way to cheap at 250 each. :p Have to jack my prices up a fair bit next batch.

Put things up for sale and see if and how well they sell. Adjust your stock and prices as needed.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not to concerned with profit unless I end up losing a bunch of money to vendor fee's. My vendor was in the IPKU house that Baby doll owns in Magincia, the house was sold so I think it will be moved over to another house in Magincia. Ill post directions once I set up the new vendor.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trouble with basic LRC suits is it is very easy to put together a looted suit with little effort, 20 LRC suits with good resist and other mods drop like candy at a parade now days. Not that hard to put together a 5 pc 100 lrc suit from the lowest end critters. Of late I have been pulling a lot of 25% lrc pieces and putting together 4 pc lrc suits. That makes moving a basic LRC on a vendor a difficult prospect. Do them all 70s with 7mi 7lmc 17 lrc and 1-2mr and they would probably sell very well, but you are way past a basic lrc training suit at that point. Also not cheap to make those suits, when you figure in relic frags, gems, and seeds. Of course there might be a market for just a 70s 100lrc suit for people that just don't want the hassle of sorting loot to put together a basic throw away suit.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always build my suits a piece at a time because I usually have a specific piece of armor that I have to build around, so I rarely buy full suits. You will probably do better selling the pieces separately.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to sell a lot of these before i took an extended break for about a year. It seems like there's less people and/or everyone already has a crafter.

I was thinking of selling barbed 6MR 100% LRC for 30k. and 6MR 100% LRC all 70's resist for 70k. I also use to sell dex suits with LMC but have no idea what they cost now that relics fragments are so easy to get.
im going to say no. this is my reasoning.

since global loot, its extremely easy to cover your resists (plus a few mods) with low-end artifact loot.

id say buying 5 mod imbued pieces single to fit in with your global loot pieces would be more popular.

im in need of a few imbued pieces if your looking for crafting work, icq me 442212126, but i would have no use for entire suits.

if you were to sell suits, i would use a global loot piece, maybe resists plus 2-3 mods, then fill it in with imbued peices. personally i would never buy a fully imbued suit. its just to inefficient.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats excatly the way I equip all my chars: Lesser/Greater Arties, sometimes Major/Legendaries and then some imbued pieces to close the gaps. One Corgul, Shadowguard or Osiredon and you have stuff for quite some suits.