• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should be returning to the game tomorrow!

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
My new laptop is due to arrive tomorrow the first thing I intend to do is buy stygian abyss and high seas adventure. I have some questions regarding my build though.

I want to be a fisherman most of all and enjoy fishing up mibs like I did back in the day. But I would also really like to be able to do most of the other Pve content in the world. My old template was pretty usful back in Mondain's legacy Archery, tactics, focus, chiv, musicianship, peacemaking, and fishing. But it has been suggested to me that being an archer mage hybrid would work better.

So I am thinking of going with archery, tactics, focus/meditation (can't remember if med works in armor) magery, eval int, fishing, and probably save the rest of my skill points for power scrolls.

Would this be good? It has been a long time since I've adventured in Sosaria.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You might consider a gargoyle Mystic thrower:
Mystic
Focus
Tactics
Throwing
Fishing
Magery
Hiding

No need for arrows, equivalent archery damage and the RC for other PvE content.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
You might consider a gargoyle Mystic thrower:
Mystic
Focus
Tactics
Throwing
Fishing
Magery
Hiding

No need for arrows, equivalent archery damage and the RC for other PvE content.
What are the benefits of mystic, throwing, and going with a gargoyle? I am completely ignorant to this new content.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are the benefits of mystic, throwing, and going with a gargoyle? I am completely ignorant to this new content.

Gargoyle has 1 handed range weapons (bows are 2 handed). They can also move at mounted speed with a rising colossus.
Throwing is basically the same as archery.
Mystic has some good offensive damage spells, the RC and cleansing wind for heals/cures.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Gargoyle has 1 handed range weapons (bows are 2 handed). They can also move at mounted speed with a rising colossus.
Throwing is basically the same as archery.
Mystic has some good offensive damage spells, the RC and cleansing wind for heals/cures.
Cool! I was just reading that throwing weapons come back to the thrower too. I think I'm going to go with a gargoyle now that I know about this. They sound great!

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
So I have another question. About how long should it take to save up and buy a house? I remember them being incredibly expensive when I used to play. But I'm wondering if availability might have gone up now with a smaller player base?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I have another question. About how long should it take to save up and buy a house? I remember them being incredibly expensive when I used to play. But I'm wondering if availability might have gone up now with a smaller player base?

It shouldn't take long to get enough gold for a house, although it will probably be a small one at first if you do it completely on your own. Within a week or two would be reasonable.

There is also a good amount of players who are willing to give new and returning players free gold to help them place their first house (on populated shards at least).

The games prices for placing a house are the same as they were before, but there has been a lot of gold inflation so those amounts are no longer considered expensive.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Cool. I am hoping to get a house pretty quickly. I also want to join a friendly active guild. I'll be playing on Atlantic and I want to be more activly playing with others. Instead of plating a massivley solo experience.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cool. I am hoping to get a house pretty quickly. I also want to join a friendly active guild. I'll be playing on Atlantic and I want to be more activly playing with others. Instead of plating a massivley solo experience.

I'm from Atlantic too, the most active guild on the shard that does what you seem to be looking for is called United We Fight (UWF), they are generally pretty easy to locate. @Merlin Here on Stratics is one of their emissaries and could tell you more about it.

Since you're on Atlantic, I can give you the gold needed to place your house if you want. My ICQ is 678566021.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Oh cool man, I would appreciate that. I didn't even know ICQ was still a thing though. Man that takes me back. I won't be able to get ahold of you till tomorrow at the earliest but I'll take you up on that offer. Thanks friend

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

what shard you playing? NM, I see now

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
what shard you playing? NM, I see now
Atlantic mainly. But I'll probably play other shards too. The other shard I'm going to play will be Great Lakes, since I am in Illinois and all.

I am a bit of an altaholich so playing 2 shards should give me plenty of options.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Atl is pretty full, GL has a good RP players, I like the Royal Spy stuff there

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Cool, does either shard have a fishing guild? I made a post asking if there was one on Atl last week in the fishing thinking board and never got a response.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a Fishing Guild on GLs they even have a Banner south of Luna takes you right to them. Fishing Council of Britannia. Very nice folk. If you need help or anything on GLs feel free to PM me.