(OT) shopping for tv

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
not too long ago I found all info on new tv's and decided for a lcd/led 240hz 60 inch ($1500) I thought the new enhancements might be awesome.
low and behold everything looks like soap opera. I had to turn off the (film mode) for this tv and I had paid extra to get it. :(

just letting you know that if your in the market for one of these then you may not want the option of these lcd/led ones - might want to stick to plasma.

Lorddog

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2008
:gee:do plasma screens last as long as old tv screens? Im thinking of upgrading my 15 year old tvs...but my moms said the plasmas wear out...:gee:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
you must have bought the worst LED tv there is. My 40" cost me 1500. It was a samsung. Best 40'' model they had though. Picture on it is PERFECT. I love it. Every TV i saw in LED that was 50'' and above was well above 2500 per unit.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
you must have bought the worst LED tv there is. My 40" cost me 1500. It was a samsung. Best 40'' model they had though. Picture on it is PERFECT. I love it. Every TV i saw in LED that was 50'' and above was well above 2500 per unit.
Between Samsung and Sony those are the best TV on the market that's why you payed so much...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
Did some one bump a post from 5 years ago? My 3 year old Sony xbr4 has a perfect picture. Lcd where bad when they first came out. But that has been a problem for long time. Check out AVS Forum the have a big thread on you set they should be able to help you get the setting right.

Official Sharp Aquos LC-60E88UN Owner's Thread. - AVS Forum

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
When I was looking for TVs I knew I wanted an LED.. cause they were new and looked awesome and were super slim. I wanted one!

Well after checking them out, going to a few differnt stores I decided that LED was the absolute best on the market. When you're looking at an panel of about 30 different television. Ranging from plasma, LCD, LED.. you can really tell the LEDs apart. Perfect picture, vibrant colors and the slimness. I'll never go back to anything but LED.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I have a 5 Series Samsung, and im quiet happy with it. Its not the ultimate TV ill have for the basement, but its got a great pictures, good color. But is only 60hz. But it still looks nice. Though my next will be 240hz for sure, just to do a 5:5 drop with blu-ray, since its 24hz....

Crazy to think movies are still shot at 24fps. Silly.