• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shields

• Thread starter afreespirit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

afreespirit

I read on UO Guide that shields no longer spawn with hci. Can you craft one with a runic hammer?

G

was there ever a reason given for this? I mean I dont mind that I could sell my tankers 14/13 shield for some crazy amount of money but why did they change it?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

was there ever a reason given for this? I mean I dont mind that I could sell my tankers 14/13 shield for some crazy amount of money but why did they change it?

[/ QUOTE ]We wish we knew. Nobody asked for the change; EA just changed it without announcing change.

I believe one of the Dev's once said it didn't make any sense to have an offensive property on a purely defensive item. We pointed out that jewelry isn't offensive or defensive yet they have many fighting properties and skills on them. That point didn't seem to waiver EA one way or the other, so we are stuck with the change.

G

heh, but they'll put 'reflect damage' on a shield which by its nature offensive. *shrug*

I guess after all these years of oddball changes, it's best not to ask too many questions.

thanks.

C

Chameleon

ohh! Didn't know there's such a change!

I broke most of my shield yesterday from enhancing and these shield have been with me for some years! Didn't really remember the properties but am positive there's a few HCI ones in there!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this is the one i use the most
valorite Order shield &lt;b&gt;Insured&lt;/b&gt; Weight: 7 stones durability 10%
spell channeling
self repair 1
reflect physical damage 13%
hit chance increase 12%
faster casting -1
physical resist 5% cold resist 3%
poison resist 3%
energy resist 3%
strength requirement 95
durability 184 / 184,