• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sheesh....

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna

Can we straight Mages with Spellweaving get enough of a power boost next publish so we can at least make a couple pixels on a Souless Minion's healthbar red. We're almost as wimpy as 50 skill point Herders vs them. :rolleyes:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
@Mesanna

Can we straight Mages with Spellweaving get enough of a power boost next publish so we can at least make a couple pixels on a Souless Minion's healthbar red. We're almost as wimpy as 50 skill point Herders vs them. :rolleyes:
I killed 2 the other day... first one took 1 hour and it stopped crap loot. The second one took 40 minutes and again crap loot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed 2 the other day... first one took 1 hour and it stopped crap loot. The second one took 40 minutes and again crap loot.

I gave up on the one wandering outside Zento after about 5 minutes of Reapers, EVs, and Ebolts failed to have any effect on the minion's healthbar. Didn't manage to turn one healthbar pixel red. Kind of like taking on a Sherman Tank with spitballs.

I'll beat on it some more this afternoon when I have the hour to waste. It's been around a few days so it's likely to still be there. If boredom doesn't make me nod off at the keyboard maybe I'll get it dead.

Anybody got an idea of how many million hp these things were given?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am just wondering if they are worth killing... anything good for drops?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes some do have very crappy loot, not worth the time and energi.
Some of them sure take more than a little group to kill.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
From what I have observed, the Minions range in type. Some are low end critters, with loot that matches. Some are mini-bosses like Swoop, Miasma, Red Death, and those don't have fantastic loot but they might have chance at minor ML artie drop. Not sure about that. The corpse name shows what the actual critter was. The best I have seen so far are the Crimson and Platimum Dragons - they take a while to bring down but are basically peerless bosses that drop everything a peerless drops except boss-specific loot. Stuff like talismans, ML ingredients, ML arties including Crimson Cincture. I have been told (but not confirmed) that every Crimson Dragon has a tiny chance at a paragon chest drop (just like Miasma does, even tho it isn't a paragon and isn't in Ilshenar). Since Crimson Dragons are only seen during events, I consider such a paragon chest to be an event drop. There are not very many of them on Siege.

The Crimson Dragons, that I have seen, also have a range. The one that panics you on sight is the highest level (I think) and those have thousands of HP. 10% HP (the point at which I can WoD them) I am told they still have 2k+ HP. My WoD does about 420 damage, but I am not wearing great gear, have only lvl 2 mastery, and frequently stuck with a lvl 2 solo focus. Takes several WoDs to bring it down after that point, more if the thing starts spamming heal. They dispel most summons very quickly, but ones that use phys damage tend to last longer. RC, Earth elemental. You can heal those if you don't mind going grey.

The way I am treating this is like an invasion. You don't instantly get the big monsters. There are bosses, surrounded by low level spawn. You won't get another wave until most of them are done in, so you might as well kill them all including the 'trash' mobs.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like the crimson dragons, they are fun to fight, some of the others was fun too, but this few, who was very hard to kill and with very little lot, I did not like them.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I will have to check these new ones out when I get in game. I spent last evening and this evening on a blue for spirit speak. But it is 98 now, so almost done!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have gotten a crimson cinture off one that when dead showed as a platinum dragon corpse.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God forbid the shard come together and fight them together! Oh my word! Nerf the mobs so we can solo them please! ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my word! Nerf the mobs so we can solo them please! ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'd be happy with at least being able to make a few of it's healthbar pixels turn red, even if I couldn't keep up with it's
self healing. Seems so dang pointless making cast after cast after cast after cast and doing no noticeable damage to the monster at all. I've rarely managed to get a GD's healthbar below one third before it's health stops dropping but at least it looks hurt instead of like I've been wasting my time throwing dust bunnies at it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
God forbid the shard come together and fight them together! Oh my word! Nerf the mobs so we can solo them please! ;)
I like some of them to be for solo players to or a little group young players. I also like, you don't know what you are fighting and you may die trying.

I'd be happy with at least being able to make a few of it's healthbar pixels turn red, even if I couldn't keep up with it's
self healing.
Guess you just had bad luck, I did kill some of them solo and I sure sucks when it comes to PvM.
I believe the more easy ones got killed first and the left over ones was the nasty ones

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess you just had bad luck, I did kill some of them solo and I sure sucks when it comes to PvM.
I believe the more easy ones got killed first and the left over ones was the nasty ones
Found a human shaped minion standing on the water just south of the SE corner of Zento instead of the lizard man shaped one. The human one was just within ebolt range of shore and the ebolts again had no effect. Pee Wee Herman taking on Godzilla once again.

Think I'll ignore the minions other than leading them away from my house. I'll go fight something Tan's spells have an effect on instead.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Tanivar, do you know why all the old Brigand, Orc, Lizard, Gazer etc spawn are gone from the forests?
To many crafters complained, they was not able to do lumbering, mining ets with their multi crafter, non fighter template. It was a big lose for the community just to make helpless crafters survive without having to call for help or get some combat skills on their char.

The Soulless Minions maybe in some cases be very powerful and sure not a target for multi crafters but they bring the community together around NPC and player towns and that is great.

Seem like you have the choice between living with a nasty Soulless Minion or risk PK's show, if you use GC to call for help to get rid of the beast.

I had seen players show up in Safe Haven to help me get rid of the beasts, we could not kill on our own. I really love this stuff and I'm going to bug Mesanna to bring back some permenent spawn like that.

I would not mind logging in and finding a big Crimson Dragon walking around in Safe Haven trying to kill my Citizens or one of the others, Red Death, Swoop etc. It would bring some auctions to Safe Haven and make people band together to make the City safe again.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanivar, do you know why all the old Brigand, Orc, Lizard, Gazer etc spawn are gone from the forests?
To many crafters complained, they was not able to do lumbering, mining ets with their multi crafter, non fighter template. It was a big lose for the community just to make helpless crafters survive without having to call for help or get some combat skills on their char.
Tanivar is my gatherer and runs with Legendary Mage Skills unless he's running as a Bard or Tamer. Landreu has 115 Magery with 26 Eval & Med making him a weak hunter but he's gathered barbed hides from the Fire Temple alone. Normal monsters like the ones you mention are killable with EVs so their not any kind of a problem for him. The Devs should restore the usual monster spawn.

Seem like you have the choice between living with a nasty Soulless Minion or risk PK's show, if you use GC to call for help to get rid of the beast.
I'll just live with them, leading them off into the wilds if they'll follow Tan or Lan. Landreu's gotten killed twice by the lizardman minion, first time when running into Zento when I wasn't paying attention he got frozen and killed, the second time was this morning when he left the house, got bods, and rode home to get killed in front of the house on his return. He got froze before the red name showed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I never liked big monsters in guarded towns. There was one in Vesper, that refused to be lead out of the town. Towns should be safe if guarded.
It is way harder to kill them in town, where some spells are disallowed. Not sure if the vesper one still are there.

Some of the ones in Safe Haven was bounded to their spawn place too, if we did try to lead them away, they would jump back. The little nasty Crimson moonbat loved the road at the small guard fort at the Cove side of Safe Haven, others liked the Crossroad.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To many crafters complained, they was not able to do lumbering, mining ets with their multi crafter, non fighter template. It was a big lose for the community just to make helpless crafters survive without having to call for help or get some combat skills on their char..
Yes. This. Absolutely this. When I'm mining, I actively seek out the hardest places to do it. Harpy nests, ancient wyrm lairs, caves full of elementals.
Why? Well, there are days when relaxing mining is what I need - a rhythmic tap of the pickaxe on rock. Then there are days when "tap. tap. tap." becomes boring.
But now and then, I need something to add some excitement to my mining.
The old spawn did that - I was very proud the day I found I'd managed to train my beetle to a level where he could handle any land-based spawn of the time.
You never knew when something was going to jump out at you, which is the way it should be.

When Blackrock elementals started spawning, that was even better! Gargoyle pickaxes are my favourite mining tool. If I can't kill something, I'll call for help. If no help comes, I'll move on to another spot, and try again. I feel the same about PKs. If someone with the will and the ability to rob me shows up, then my day is a little more exciting than it was 5 minutes before that person showed up. I really miss the days when members of various groups would show up and demand my ore/gold or my life! (that's all they'll get - I mine in cloth. Mining in armour just seems weird to me. Have you EVER come across an armoured miner in real life?)

I know I'm in a minority. There are a lot of resource gatherers who just want to be left alone to gather resources. But my feeling is, if I wanted the quiet life, I would not mine on Siege.
Freja, if you need extra names to put at the bottom of your request to Mesanna, feel free to add mine.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know I'm in a minority. There are a lot of resource gatherers who just want to be left alone to gather resources. But my feeling is, if I wanted the quiet life, I would not mine on Siege.
Freja, if you need extra names to put at the bottom of your request to Mesanna, feel free to add mine.
Thanks, I will do that :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will gladly bring my tamer to help fight back these souless minions. I did kill a few in Del the other day while I was bull-hunting ;)

Just tamed myself a Cu yesterday, he'll be a good tank once he's bonded but I do have a GD that works nicely...for now!