• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

shard transfer shields

JustMe

Adventurer
I'm trying to transfer a character from one shard to another and was wondering about shard transfer shields, the 14 year vet reward. Uoguide.com states "They come in a non-transferable account bound deed form and only the user of the account who claimed the reward can use the shield or the token." does this mean an account less than 14 years can not use one? Do i need to buy the vet reward in token form, or am I stuck paying 20.00 to transfer my character?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, yes, the shard shields are tied to the account that claims them, so only available to accounts 14 years and older. Many players who have shields are happy to transfer goods between shards for other players, but to transfer a character you will need to buy a token.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but to transfer a character you will need to buy a token.
To clarify this. If you didn't have an Account which is 14 year or older and you didn't claim a shard shield with this Account, you have to buy a transfer token in the Shop.

Sometimes the token from the bs Shop will be Sold by Players, but check if the token has a Tag like "Account bound" if you found one. Then this is a token from a shard shield and cannot be used by others.
As usual there are persons which like to scam you.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can only use the shard shield and the tokens it produces on the account claiming it from the reward gump.
period.
end of the sentence.
do not pass go and do not claim $200.
so your only other option if your account is too young to get shard shields or you don't have a shard shield for the desired shards is to buy the big shard transfer token from the in-game store (or from a reseller if you are willing to roll the dice), that token will allow you to do a shard transfer regardless of how old your account is.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You can stone your skills from character , transfer soul stones to another shard (paying 20 or asking someone to help you) , then use soul stones with your skills on new character at destination shard. Account should be same for soul stone to work.
Sure you will need power scrolls and primers on new shard, but soul stone chunks (crafted) , scrolls and primers are obtainable in game .

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can stone your skills from character , transfer soul stones to another shard (paying 20 or asking someone to help you) , then use soul stones with your skills on new character at destination shard. Account should be same for soul stone to work.
Sure you will need power scrolls and primers on new shard, but soul stone chunks (crafted) , scrolls and primers are obtainable in game .
or....
you develop the toon on your home shard, eat all the scrolls you need and the masteries that you can easily get yourself from the comfort of your own house, suit up the toon THEN you send that new toon one way to where you need him.
he arrives ready to work.