• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard suggestion for New player

franco8737

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi! I'm an asian player and totally new to UO. As a new player, I hope to choose a shard which I may fit in the playing time of other players. Is there any suggestion on the shard selection?

My playing time: 18:00 - 24:00 (GMT/UTC+8)

Thanks.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd start by looking at a time zone map of the world (here) in one window, and the location of all the shards in a 2nd window (here)....

For instance, the U.S. East coast servers are in -5 UTC and the West coast servers are in -8 UTC. The rest, I trust, you can discern for yourself...

Oh, and welcome to UO and Stratics !
You're at the right place to ask questions, and you'll always find someone who will agree with you. In the mean time, you'll learn a lot - just by staying active here (and always check UHall) like you are now.... ;)