• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Pimps?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
whats with all the people coming onto Uhall here this last couple weeks and pimping out their shards to other players?

its very strange.

makes me feel dirty(er).

first example

second example

its like some shards have a tourism department or something.
"Come Experience the 217 people of Sonoma, you'll g home with cookies!"
(trade marked)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are just trying to get some players to come to their shard, I don't see a problem with it honestly, Atlantic kind of stole all their players, so they really have no way of bringing people back other than posting.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't read this as Poo being seriously perturbed with people promoting their shards. Thought he was just having a little fun (as he often does here).

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There's some group from Atlantic that drops books on Great Lakes recruiting lol. Was thinking about posting something myself, Great Lakes has been a little dead lately. Well not really dead. Just not many new folks. Bad for my vendors. Hard to sell to people that already have everything, lol.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forget the production shards...come to Siege Perilous, the advanced shard...la
I made a character on siege and thought it was supported to have a better economy than the prodo shards. I then saw a Mage 120 was selling for the same amount as on a prodo shard!!! What's that all about. Can you steal me one?

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are just trying to get some players to come to their shard, I don't see a problem with it honestly, Atlantic kind of stole all their players, so they really have no way of bringing people back other than posting.
I wouldn't call it stealing moreso then people actually want to play an MMO and Atlantic's the only shard with a decent sizedplayerbase at this point, and even so, Atlantic is starting to get quiet at times. Sadly, this'll continue to be the trend until some drastic changes come to UO.

There are other shards? I thought Atlantic was the only real server and the rest were just places to farm uncontested.
Sounds silly, but it's completely true.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's some group from Atlantic that drops books on Great Lakes recruiting lol. Was thinking about posting something myself, Great Lakes has been a little dead lately. Well not really dead. Just not many new folks. Bad for my vendors. Hard to sell to people that already have everything, lol.
I think you're talking about LLTS, they do this on every shard, and have for a number of years. They take pride in being one of the largest guilds for a decent period of UO's lifespan. Yet they haven't come to grasp that quality > quanity. Not to mention their use of scripting creates and runs the drop off of the books they like to flood.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats with all the people coming onto Uhall here this last couple weeks and pimping out their shards to other players?

its very strange.

makes me feel dirty(er).

first example

second example

(trade marked)
Playerbase dropping. People are lonely. That's my guess.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

its very strange.

makes me feel dirty(er).

first example

second example

(trade marked)
And let's not forget Legends! Plenty of housing space, cookies, cake, and me!!! :D

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do I get a pair of platform boots with fish in the heels if I pimp my shard, plus a big floppy hat? I'd totally be down for that...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Forget the production shards...come to Siege Perilous, the handicapped shard...la
i fixed that for ya
:rolleyes:
That was rude
I guess all love their shard and are tired to see the less players on their shard.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I would have thought you would have known that a comment like that is against the RoC. Shame on you...la
i said nothing that isnt true.
on siege your spoon fed all your skill gains at a set time interval which i see as a handicap.
im not saying that siege isnt fun to play on, ive been playing there since it started, i just dont follow the mantra that some siege players portray by saying they are better or what what was your word.... advanced? there is nothing advanced about knowing to the second when your next gain is going to be.

dont hate me because i speak the truth!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i said nothing that isnt true.
on siege your spoon fed all your skill gains at a set time interval which i see as a handicap.
im not saying that siege isnt fun to play on, ive been playing there since it started, i just dont follow the mantra that some siege players portray by saying they are better or what what was your word.... advanced? there is nothing advanced about knowing to the second when your next gain is going to be.

dont hate me because i speak the truth!
Sorry, but you are a liar but I don't hate you for it.

The vast majority of the shards available in Ultima Online follow the same rules set (see section five). Two notable differences are Siege Perilous and Mugen. These shards follow a Felucca-only rules set on all of their facets. These shards are designed for veteran players who desire a more open style of play that includes non-consensual player vs. player interaction (combat and stealing), the removal of item insurance, and an altered skill gaining system. It is recommended that you become familiar with these concepts before deciding to play on either of these shards.
Quoted from UO.com...la

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry, but you are a liar but I don't hate you for it.

The vast majority of the shards available in Ultima Online follow the same rules set (see section five). Two notable differences are Siege Perilous and Mugen. These shards follow a Felucca-only rules set on all of their facets. These shards are designed for veteran players who desire a more open style of play that includes non-consensual player vs. player interaction (combat and stealing), the removal of item insurance, and an altered skill gaining system. It is recommended that you become familiar with these concepts before deciding to play on either of these shards.

Quoted from UO.com...la
the word liar dosnt mean what i think you think it means.
when i say that your wrong and its not advanced its handicapped when you know exactly to the second when your next skill gain is and then you say im a liar then quote the above and it says 'an altered skill gaining system'..... well your not as dumb as you let on, you know where im going with this.

if siege was truly advanced skill play they would be done with the hand holding (ROT) for good.
THEN i would agree its an advanced shard in all aspects.
but simply saying its advance because you dont have insurance or tram and then with the other hand get the easiest skill gains in the game, yuck!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege players have touted their own shard for years and no one much batted an eye, let alone made a new thread to complain about it. Indeed I seem to recall being one of the few to comment upon this, and my doing so was not received well.

-Galen's player

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill gain is easier (potentially faster, potentially slower) on siege, how is that a "handicap"? You can dislike it, but I don't see how it could be a handicap, as by definition that would mean its harder to gain skill.

I shudder to imagine raising a crafting skill or imbuing or taming or LP or poisoning to 120 on a regular shard. It would make my brain bleed.

Last edited:

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dems my shard ho's. Keep ya hands off. ya gots to pay ta play so put ya fity-cent in da slot ifin ya wants ta ride.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic has been stealing players?
You mean I didnt have to make a decision and conscious effort by buying an xfer token to get to Atlantic?
Wish I had known that before I spent the gold on the token.
I would have just hung around a bad neighborhood on my old shard and waited to be kidnapped :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Steals some players for Siege, you all missed a cool Christmas Demolitions Event last night :p
Special a big snowball fights between red, blue, green orange and one yellow :danceb: