• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

shard events

N

Nicland

I am curious what type of events the other shards run. Can ya'll tell me what is popular on the diffrent shards?

G

Tavern nights for storytelling are popular. Which is something i mentioned when we talked.

I

imported_Phaen Grey

Weekly tavern nights, Bard/Storytelling events, Tournaments, Bag Ball, or Battle Chess. Catskills through out the year holds many such events.

G

The RP Alliance on Pacific has been doing a lot of linear adventures. Some of them are quite simple while others are more involved. For example, we had ran a simple hunt to Dungeon Rock. In our plots, the Shadowlords figure prominently as villains and Dungeon Rock is a stronghold of theirs. After the battles of the shrines of love and the destruction of Haven, the heroes decided to strike back at the Shadowlords rather than sitting around waiting for their next scheme to reveal itself. So we roleplayed along the journey to Dungeon Rock and did battle with the evil minions of the Shadowlords within. I had a stealther sneak in there prior to the hunt and drop a box filled with blackrock fragments and a note from a PC Necromancer Rhenium which detailed an arrangement for her to acquire blackrock on their behalf. So this will kick of more events revolving around seeking out Rhenium and putting a stop to her efforts.

The more involved events usually span several different locales. The adventurers will go from the starting point to point A where they will find clues which lead to point B and from there to point C and so on and so forth. It's a nice way to take advantage of the different nooks and crannies in UO. The motives aren't always about fighting either. Sometimes it's about seeking a reclusive witch who resides in the wilds of the Lost Lands. They'll have to follow a journal which tells of landmarks that they can use to guide their footsteps.

The next step for us is to do non-linear events, a sort of choose-your-own-adventure UO style. The problem is it requires more planning and setup, but hopefully we can pull it off.