• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguard Slayers

Andyf

Adventurer
Hello,

Was just curious about the types of slayers I need for roof and rooms.

Seems virtuebane ignores demon slayer, as well as the reponds..... juo nar seems to fall to undead slayer.

Just curious about the rest of the rooms etc.

Thanks.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Virtubane probably doesn't have a slayer weakness so I typically honor it and use EOO.
Roof: repond, demon, dragon, undead, elemental (for Anon's ele form)
Rooms: ele for fountain, dragon for belfry. Other rooms...don't need a slayer wep.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
What's about Bovina Slayer?

Tried it,doesn't work,just like using mage slayers against the red mage's that anon spawn doesnt work either,but repond works.

it's weird bovine and mage slayers work for minotaur and red mage's outside the roof but not for the one's that spawn from the roof.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What sword weapons are the best for the Roof? I use HLL to heal.

Juo'nar:
Double Axe, Fire or Energy Damage?, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Undead Slayer

Virtuebane:
Double Axe, Cold Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Daemon Slayer

Ozymandias:
Double Axe, Fire Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/ and ? against the boss
Double Axe, Cold Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Dragon Slayer against Lesser Hiryus

Anon:
Double Axe, Energy Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Repond Slayer when the boss in a human form
Double Axe, Poison Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Elemental Slayer when the boss in an elemental form

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What sword weapons are the best for the Roof? I use HLL to heal.

Juo'nar:
Double Axe, Fire or Energy Damage?, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Undead Slayer

Virtuebane:
Double Axe, Cold Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Daemon Slayer

Ozymandias:
Double Axe, Fire Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/ and ? against the boss
Double Axe, Cold Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Dragon Slayer against Lesser Hiryus

Anon:
Double Axe, Energy Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Repond Slayer when the boss in a human form
Double Axe, Poison Damage, DI/HLL/HML/HSL/Elemental Slayer when the boss in an elemental form
Here is what I run to tag team or solo roof with my sampire build. Primary healing is from VE and Gheals with max EP:
Juo'nar: Dbl axe, Fire, HML, HSL, HLL, Balance, Undead Slayer (Juon'ar doesn't have a lowest resist so Energy is fine if you prefer but Fire is better against his undead spawn)
Switch to Dragon slayer w HML, HSL, HLL, Balance when he spawns a ton of skel dragons

Virtubane: Dbl axe, Cold, HML, HSL, HLD, Balance, Demon or Repond Slayer
Switch between Demon and Repond slayer for the spawn. Virtubane doesn't have a slayer weakness

Ozy: Bladed staff. HLD. HML. HSL. Hit Fatigue. HLL I think Fire is his weakest, but if you AI most of the time, it doesn't matter. I just stick with physical.
Switch to dbl axe dragon slayer for hiryus or demon slayer for the wolves

Anon:
Bladed staff HLD HML HSL HLL Fire or Cold dmg Ele slayer. NOTE: lesser slayer does work against her ele form, but it isn't necessary with super slayer and EOO
Bladed staff HLD HML HSL HLL Poison dmg. Against human form.
Dbl axe repond slayer for the spawn. Cold dmg.

I also switch between 3 different cameos for max damage.

Balance and HLL are all optional IMHO. I also stack HLD on my weapon + Mace n Shield.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Tried it,doesn't work,just like using mage slayers against the red mage's that anon spawn doesnt work either,but repond works.

it's weird bovine and mage slayers work for minotaur and red mage's outside the roof but not for the one's that spawn from the roof.
I've noticed this too and thought it was just me or that maybe I wasn't doing it right. I usually forgot to pursue asking a question about it in the midst of having to pivot to other spawn / excitement while running the Roof encounter.

@Kyronix / @Bleak - is this working as intended?