• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguard Fountain tip...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Apparently, a lot of people still think you have to connect the 4 spigots in the fountain to all 4 of the drains.

In fact, you can connect 2, sometimes even 3, of them to one drain. I usually only use 2 drains, 3 very rarely. The only down-side is that once you complete the two to one, you can't access anything inside it (though your pets can climb over, and you can cast spells inside it), so you lose access to canals that drop inside.

Look at this pic of a successful solo fountain. The 2 East-facing spigots are connected to the east drain, one of the south spigots to the south drain, and the other south one to the west drain (which was relatively close). I could have just as easily connected the middle two spigots to the same drain, but didn't want to create the congestion.

Screenshot 2016-12-14 21.03.11.png

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lol, i was one of those. Poor Lady Thalia couldn't figure out why I kept failing until she figured out what I was doing. It seemed logical to me to have to build 4 canals. After all they gave me four places to connect. :wall: