• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow fiend loots you!

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bewary the shadow fiends can loot your stuff in trammel.
i just found a small pac with some ones regs,runes,weps & Jewlerys.
After i killed one. it droped with the loot.

C

Connor_Graham

This was noticed on test, and was mentioned in the TC1 thread also. Don't forget we also have thieves in towns that are stealing from us too, so make sure everything you have in your pack is insured if it can be. If not, then only carry what you can afford to lose.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any monster has always been able to loot players corpses in fel or tram. Always been that way. They can only loot unisured stuff.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

blessed or iinsured items CANT BE stolen or looted, no worries about this items.

bioras

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a full spell book on Origin that dropped on top of a pile of gold. I have no idea how the shadow fiend got it.. It doesn't seem to be anything special, so I don't think it's loot. Also I have never seen anything drop a full spellbook. Do they pick up items off the ground?

X

Xel Naga

I have a full spell book on Origin that dropped on top of a pile of gold. I have no idea how the shadow fiend got it.. It doesn't seem to be anything special, so I don't think it's loot. Also I have never seen anything drop a full spellbook. Do they pick up items off the ground?
It may be possible someone dropped their book inside a corpse of something while looting and the fiend just happened to wander by and loot that corpse taking the book. That's the only scenario I can think of where it could loot a blessed item.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Test center I went to the lich and he teleported me to himself and killed me in 1 hit. While killing me in 1 hit he looted 2 INSURED armor pieces from me. They can DEFINATLY loot your insured/blessed items.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Test center I went to the lich and he teleported me to himself and killed me in 1 hit. While killing me in 1 hit he looted 2 INSURED armor pieces from me. They can DEFINATLY loot your insured/blessed items.
No they can't.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was an issue EA reported a while ago where it might be possible for insured items bought off a vendor to be looted/lost when the character dies. That is why they made the change to vendors where you can't place insured items on them. If you have armor you bought off vendors before this change, you should uninsure then reinsure them yourself to be safe.

As for a blessed item... if it's in a container it will drop to the corpse and can be taken as loot. Some folks don't seem to realize that and perhaps someone was keeping a spare spellbook in a pouch and lost it that way.

Safe Travels, Sam

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was an issue EA reported a while ago where it might be possible for insured items bought off a vendor to be looted/lost when the character dies. That is why they made the change to vendors where you can't place insured items on them. If you have armor you bought off vendors before this change, you should uninsure then reinsure them yourself to be safe.

As for a blessed item... if it's in a container it will drop to the corpse and can be taken as loot. Some folks don't seem to realize that and perhaps someone was keeping a spare spellbook in a pouch and lost it that way.

Safe Travels, Sam
I was in Test Center. I created the items there. Definatly didn't buy anything on the test center shard.

S

Sir Kenga

Are u sure u have Auto renew inventory turned on on that char?

D

D'Amavir

No, they can't.
If you mean that its not intended that they be able to loot blessed or insured items, sure. Then no, they can't. If you mean that they can take advantage of an existing bug to loot blessed or insured items, then yes, they can.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Test Center. I created the items there. Definatly didn't buy anything on the test center shard.
Gotcha... I didn't read your previous post carefully enough, mea culpa.

Maybe send EA a bug report. I remember they were having a tough time duplicating the problem in their own tests cause it's so rare. The vendor insurance fix was a "best guess" solution.

Safe Travels, Sam