• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Several Questions. Possible-[SPOILER]

• Thread starter Lore Master
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lore Master

Maybe i missed something but i have several questions that i would really like to know any info would be a big help and much appreciated thanks.
  1. How long will the invasion last any idea? I hope a long time because i really want more and better spell books from the generals.
  2. What do we do with the cloaks of corruption? what will i need to do this? when can i do this?
  3. To get the Replica Items from champ spawns do i need to be in a faction? my guess is no but i don't know for sure.
  4. When can we order the 11th anniversary items for the US shards? how much will it cost? how many items can we get per purchase?
I know it is a lot of questions like i said any info would be much appreciated and a big help thanks for your time and info if any.

D

Der Rock

Maybe i missed something but i have several questions that i would really like to know any info would be a big help and much appreciated thanks.
  1. How long will the invasion last any idea? I hope a long time because i really want more and better spell books from the generals.
  2. What do we do with the cloaks of corruption? what will i need to do this? when can i do this?
  3. To get the Replica Items from champ spawns do i need to be in a faction? my guess is no but i don't know for sure.
  4. When can we order the 11th anniversary items for the US shards? how much will it cost? how many items can we get per purchase?
I know it is a lot of questions like i said any info would be much appreciated and a big help thanks for your time and info if any.
1. are 33 not enough ? i cant see generals anymore, is boring :(
2.like to know this to :)
3.for sure not :)
4.think(HOPE) we get 1 or 2 as a gift next week ;)

L

Lore Master

1. are 33 not enough ? i cant see generals anymore, is boring :(
2.like to know this to :)
3.for sure not :)
4.think(HOPE) we get 1 or 2 as a gift next week ;)
Well i enjoy fighting the generals and fighting the Crimson Dragon they should keep them in the game until SA comes out if you ask me which i heard is supposed to be may of 2009 don't quote me on that but i read that somewhere. thanks for the info by the way nice to know i wont have to be in a faction to get a replica.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. There has not yet been an announced end date for this event
2. The only information revealed so far is that the threads currently available in Magincia will have a future use that involves the cloaks of corruption.
3. Replica items are not available yet, they are in publish 57. AFAIK faction membership is not required
4. This has not yet been announced.

L

Lore Master

1. There has not yet been an announced end date for this event
2. The only information revealed so far is that the threads currently available in Magincia will have a future use that involves the cloaks of corruption.
3. Replica items are not available yet, they are in publish 57. AFAIK faction membership is not required
4. This has not yet been announced.
Thank you for the info.

L

Lore Master

I have one last question that i forgot to ask. I was told that the special gems from the crimson dragon and the strangers will have a use of some kind maybe even be a trade in item can anyone please give me any info on this if at all possible thanks?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id like to know about those gems too, i been selling them to jeweler npcs lol.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One last question: I haven't heard anything about the gems. I think they're just semi-rare gems and the rumor started with talk of imbuing. I believe it was the last town hall when they said that the stranger/dragon gems were simply just gems.

L

Lore Master

One last question: I haven't heard anything about the gems. I think they're just semi-rare gems and the rumor started with talk of imbuing. I believe it was the last town hall when they said that the stranger/dragon gems were simply just gems.
Ok thanks I hope your right i just like having them as a keep sake. I have so few of them that i would really hate to use them all up to me there a nice collectable to me.

L

Lore Master

id like to know about those gems too, i been selling them to jeweler npcs lol.
If you play Chesapeake ill buy them off of you for more then what you get from the jewelers lol all joking a side seriously i will just say the word.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i play on pac... :)
i didnt even know they were special.. last invasion we had i took about 70+ of each kind of gems to the npc. the generals usually have about 10+ of each kind and being a necro its really nice when the CD dies, i just summon my horde minion and walk about..

L

Lore Master

i didnt even know they were special.. last invasion we had i took about 70+ of each kind of gems to the npc. the generals usually have about 10+ of each kind and being a necro its really nice when the CD dies, i just summon my horde minion and walk about..
I bet you regret it now selling them to NPCs that is but smart move using a necro and a hoard minion i think ill do that too.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think there should be some kind of linkage, not through game mechanics necessarily but at least through official fiction, between the new champ spawn drops and the event, if only to give some of us who still RP an RP excuse to be working the champ spawns.

And/or create a new reward system for the event.

Otherwise I'm going to end up working the towns by myself until one of the Factions decides it wants a town.

-Galen's player

F

Fink

Personally I think there should be some kind of linkage, not through game mechanics necessarily but at least through official fiction, between the new champ spawn drops and the event, if only to give some of us who still RP an RP excuse to be working the champ spawns
Yes, hoping the EMs will perhaps make up the difference there.

Anytime there's something new to do I ask "why?", if the answer is simply "new items" I'm sort-of disappointed on the fiction side. The Shadowlords arc is going well but champs popping up with new loot seems a bit disjointed.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, hoping the EMs will perhaps make up the difference there.

Anytime there's something new to do I ask "why?", if the answer is simply "new items" I'm sort-of disappointed on the fiction side. The Shadowlords arc is going well but champs popping up with new loot seems a bit disjointed.
I managed to luck my way into a spot where I can basically RP doing things just for new items....Many years back, when I was on Europa for awhile, I took to describing Galen as an "antiques dealer." So when new items come out, of course he's out hunting for them, it's what he does, it's his job.

But to do that in the middle of an invasion, without a fictional linkage? I mean, as a practical matter, I'd basically have to (and in-character Galen would basically have to as well), but it's kind of cruddy.

-Galen's player

PS: Please don't mistake this for not being grateful for content being added....I think the replicas are a good idea and I look forward to this Publish. A lot.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloaks of Corruption came from actually killing the shadowlords in there etheral forms..and being top attacker on them...so if ya happen to see an etheral shadowlord again! then yup, cloaks should be around!, not to sure if were gunna be seeing them or the true shadowlords around soon though, but ya never know right?

G

Gal

How do you get those books?
I've been killing Generals for ages and all I got was the SSI weapons... some one told me theres General healers/mages that give them but I never saw one...

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I missed it, but I have not seen a list of what you actually get from the Generals. What are so special about the books?
-

C

CatLord

mr3
lrc10
sdi 30

or

dci 10
sdi 30
lmc 5
fcr 2

so they are somewhat ... special.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Specifically the mage and healer NPCs not just the generals. But the Generals give the best ones. Mages give one type of book and healers another. Intensities vary depending on what rank they are.

G

Gal

Cant say I ever seen a healer or a mage npc... only warrior ones... whats the deal with that are they rare or some thing?

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anymore, you have to get to the spawn QUICK, one of the first 10 or so to arrive. The Healer and Mage Generals are the first to be killed, Archer Generals are second and the "general" Generals (aka Warriors) are last to be sought out and killed.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not all are special. Most are common and sometimes all are common. Here is a link to another post where peeps were talking about them and there are some pictures of the different rare gems. Hope this helps a bit.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=114174

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

L

laurlo

I'm curious about your number 4 too - though I hope they just magically become holiday presents. that'd be nice.