• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Several Beta Client Questions

P

pretzels

Hi guys,

I have played UO over the years and said if they ever release a new client I would return. KR was very buggy for me so I couldnt get into it, but this new client I like much better. Here are a few questions I have been unable to find the answer to, if someone would be so kind as to help me out I would very much appreciate it.

1) I have a very powerful gaming rig, but for some reason I can't seem to change my full screen resolution to anything other than 1280x800. I see other resolutions, up to 1680x1050. It lets me select it, and when I "Apply" it I see the screen reset, but going back into the settings shows the resolution as the same 1280x800 I started with. I also tried raising my desktop screen resolution to 1920x1200 and the 1680x1050 resolution actually disappeared and was not selectable anymore. I tried several other resolutions and none will "stick"

2) I really like the new chat. But it seems spell casting is tied to "Say" which kind of stinks because now instead of a chat window like I am used to in most other MMORPGS, my "chat" is just filled with spellcasting. Is there a way to completely filter spellcasting from my chat window? I dont care if its a "hack" or not, I just want at least 1 tab for people talking and nothing else

3) I have been testing out some characters just goofing around, and no matter what I do I cannot seem to delete them. I thought maybe there was a time limit on this but I have waited several days and they are still there

4) Every time I open a monsters corpse, it's container seems to never open where I want it to. I want it right next to my backback container so I can easily drag and drop what I want without going clear across the screen to do so. I know I can right click to grab items as well, but I prefer a clean ui and knowing where things are going, and going to open. Is there any way to "sticky" this container to a static location?

5) Sometimes my backpack, while in non legacy mode (and the grid format) displays well beyond the confines of my backpack. The grid appears all the way down the screen, and moves as I scroll it. Many times if I log out and log in it fixes this. I was surprised to see this still in the game since I saw this originally in KR, is there a fix for this or does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hi guys,

I have played UO over the years and said if they ever release a new client I would return. KR was very buggy for me so I couldnt get into it, but this new client I like much better. Here are a few questions I have been unable to find the answer to, if someone would be so kind as to help me out I would very much appreciate it.

1) I have a very powerful gaming rig, but for some reason I can't seem to change my full screen resolution to anything other than 1280x800. I see other resolutions, up to 1680x1050. It lets me select it, and when I "Apply" it I see the screen reset, but going back into the settings shows the resolution as the same 1280x800 I started with. I also tried raising my desktop screen resolution to 1920x1200 and the 1680x1050 resolution actually disappeared and was not selectable anymore. I tried several other resolutions and none will "stick"

2) I really like the new chat. But it seems spell casting is tied to "Say" which kind of stinks because now instead of a chat window like I am used to in most other MMORPGS, my "chat" is just filled with spellcasting. Is there a way to completely filter spellcasting from my chat window? I dont care if its a "hack" or not, I just want at least 1 tab for people talking and nothing else

3) I have been testing out some characters just goofing around, and no matter what I do I cannot seem to delete them. I thought maybe there was a time limit on this but I have waited several days and they are still there

4) Every time I open a monsters corpse, it's container seems to never open where I want it to. I want it right next to my backback container so I can easily drag and drop what I want without going clear across the screen to do so. I know I can right click to grab items as well, but I prefer a clean ui and knowing where things are going, and going to open. Is there any way to "sticky" this container to a static location?

5) Sometimes my backpack, while in non legacy mode (and the grid format) displays well beyond the confines of my backpack. The grid appears all the way down the screen, and moves as I scroll it. Many times if I log out and log in it fixes this. I was surprised to see this still in the game since I saw this originally in KR, is there a fix for this or does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks.
1 more than likely its your monitor or adapter settings on computer make sure all of these are the same or better than what you want to set in game as

2 you might check filter settings but i am having simular probs but to be honest have not looked into it

3 i believe its 7 or 14 days been a while so not positive it should not be over 30

4 i have had this problem to for a while it was opening in same spot then it will just change and i have no clue why

5 this is a issue with chat as well but to date i have seen no reason for the cause other than right after you resize play screen a fast fix for me for chat is just draging the window a hair

wish i could help more :cursing:

P

pretzels

Thank you for your answers. See my comments below

1 more than likely its your monitor or adapter settings on computer make sure all of these are the same or better than what you want to set in game as

This machine is exclusively used for gaming and normally I run every game at 1920x1200. UO is the only game giving me issues at the moment. I have the newest Nvidia drivers and a GTX 280 so there should definitely be no issues running UO at a higher resolution than 1280x800.

2 you might check filter settings but i am having simular probs but to be honest have not looked into it

I am hoping someone else has figured this one out

3 i believe its 7 or 14 days been a while so not positive it should not be over 30

Is this a new addition then? I used to be able to delete characters instantly. Or are you saying that you cannot create delete a character until he has reached an age of 7 or 14 days? If thats the case thats fine, but they should at least give you a message notifying you as such

4 i have had this problem to for a while it was opening in same spot then it will just change and i have no clue why

Hoping someone else has an answer to this one as well

5 this is a issue with chat as well but to date i have seen no reason for the cause other than right after you resize play screen a fast fix for me for chat is just draging the window a hair

Thanks, I tried this and it also worked for me so thats a good workaround for now

wish i could help more :cursing:
Also, two more questions if I may. In the old client of UO you could resize the radar to 2 different sizes. I cant seem to enlarge the radar map in the SA client at all. I am aware you can zoom the radar though. Is enlarging it possible in this client?

When I open my map using the hotkey on my toolbar, it closes my radar. When I close the map, my radar stays closed and I have to press the map a third time and it appears. Is this a bug or by design? It's annoying that when I am done with my map I need to press it again to get my radar back.

Thanks.

P

pretzels

Actually, just an update on the resolution problem. I think the reason that the 1680x1050 resolution no longer shows up is because I am actually running in that resolution. Strangely when I launch the game my FRAPs says I'm at 1280x800, but when I use this command macro in game:

script ResizeWindow.SendViewportData(1280,800)

The size of the play window is definitely way smaller than my entire screen. I changed it to 1680x1050 and it took the entire screen up. So this definitely appears to be a bug.

W

Wolfways

The radar map cannot be resized, and it's 7 days before you can delete a character.