• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

* Sets up the ABM and wonders over by the window *

• Thread starter imported_CaesarDoP
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_CaesarDoP

* Waits for his friends to show up *

Hello all, It has been a while since I posted, and I actually played the game for a little while last night. I went to Despise to Kill Lizard Men. I was collecting hides to help a friend, and since I have not been playing in a while, the only armor I found in my Brothers house was GM Valorite Plate and Some Valorite Broad Swords. hehe I felt real funny killing Lizzy's with ( what at one time was the most expencive armor in the game, about 1 1/2 years ago. )

Oh well, just thought I would share. I hope every one had a nice week end.

Peace be with all of You My U-Hall Friends and Family

Caesar

G

Ave, Caesar!

I had a slightly different weekend than my usual kind. I attended a science fiction convention in San Jose called "BayCon." My GF and I (wait, I think we're supposed to start calling each other "partner" instead of BF/GF, just to give people the wrong impression--she's evil that way) began attending it eleven years ago. She dragged me to my first con kicking and screaming (yes, she has her own Star Trek uniform). I hang out in the science panels, the writer's panels, and most recently, the art panels.

Attended two really good panels on SETI and nanotech (creating core memory using spin states of electrons). Cool stuff.

*pours a cuppa and sits by the window*

Wow, not even summer and already it's going to be a scorcher.

H

Hekate

Hi Caesar, Hi Cyne!

Do any of you guys play on DF these days? Might have an item or two to give you before my subscription ends on my last account...

*grabs a cup of coffe and joins the two-people-crowd*

M

mobollux2

*walks in and walks right into the fridge*

Ouch!

*rubs head and gets a soda*

Well this weekend was one of the BEST I have ever had in my life. That is despite the ****ty weather NY got hit with.

*closes eyes and remembers*

Well anyway, I have been to one Trek convention in the city. It wasn't all that bad, kind of minor compared to some of the sci-fi cons out there. It kind of makes you laugh a bit more at "Galaxy Quest".

*opens the soda and gulps it looking out the window pondering the weekend*

D

Dor of Sonoma

*sleepy smile*

'Morning, all. :)

I think I shall pass on discussing my unlovely weekend. *shudders retroactively*

There is a Dor on Drachenfels from 1998, Hekate. I wish I had known you played there, so she wouldn't have been so lonely! She spends most of her time talking to herself. Heh

G

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt; Do any of you guys play on DF these days?</font color=blue>

Yes, Drach is what I consider one of my main shards. If I place houses (I have two on Drach) and spend the time making a GM smith and tailor, I spend time playing there as well.

Mobollux--
<font color=blue>&gt;&gt;It kind of makes you laugh a bit more at "Galaxy Quest". </font color=blue>

It does indeed. Until you've attended one of these cons, you think the movie is just an exaggeration. THOSE PEOPLE REALLY EXIST!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

S

sallie

*steals a cuppa coffe since he hasn't paid dues in a while*
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif hi CeasarDop, Cyne, Dor, Hekate and all my other friends...
well, I'm almost back to normal, just have that metallic taste in my mouth constantly....still no stamina or strength...but it gets better each day...dont really play UO much anymore but I can't bring myself to cancel my accnts /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif...i guess i'll just waste my money...
walks over to the window l....joins everybody..:)

D

Dor of Sonoma

SALLIE!!!

*hugs fiercely*

Oh man, it is so good to hear from you!

*smiles*

My day just improved. Thank you :)

G

<font color=blue>&gt;&gt; . . . just have that metallic taste in my mouth constantly....</font color=blue>

So you finally decided to get braces, eh?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*orders double cappucino*

Morning everyone..

I spent my weekend checking out a new game called "Eve"

Guess it's time to check out Pub 18 though.

W

Wisty

Why is Stratics so slow this week?!! Aaaarrg!

Meanwhile, forget Star Trek, costume or no (though they prolly look cute), I'd rather the panels you listed; well, the subjects you selected. Though, exactly what IS a "panel"?

And, I always thought "partner" is the same as "GF/BF". Sometimes people use "life partner" which denotes that the GF or BF is more like a wife or husband in a long-term/committed relationship.

Though if you're referring to her as "wife-like" why not "My commonlaw wife" since you did mention 11 years, and I believe 10 years is when an s.o. becomes legally "common law"? Though a common law wife is the same as having married her, so you might as well just marry and be done with it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I'd never live with a man full-time unless I was prepared to be common law or married to him. I'd let him live with me off/on and or I'd live with him off/on. Ideally I'd have my own place, he'd have his, and we'd stay at whichever one that we felt like, or stayed alone in between for our private times.

I HATE marriage -- because mine was so awful. But not as awful as the drawn-out, horrific divorce, which even after it was final and cost me basically $5000 is continually in the throes of being reopened to drag on some more. That's the ONLY reason I HATE marriage! Otherwise it can be a very nice thing, I'm sure. Having a "husband" can be a very nice thing. But marriages just seem to fail, more and more nowadays. Even among the best of them. Que lastima or some such.