• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Server move

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears the Oceania server has been moved back to the States. :grrr:

Is anyone able to confirm this?

Dire Winterfell

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what causes you to believe that?

I have traced the route to the given ip for Oceania - it is successful and shows expected values,
I have logged into Oceania and 'run' around a bit - I get the expected stupendous lag from UK.
I have logged into Pacific and run around a bit - lag is minimal.
I can only conclude that the server is exactly where it's supposed to be.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have been getting fairly persistant, regular lag for the last couple of weeks, including a couple of days where movement was virtually impossibe, however I still ping under 100 (just). My lowest to the US shards is 280. I can only agree with Petra, that while the lagfest bites, we are still Antipodean.

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you run a 'poll' to check for packet loss?

UO Stratics *New* | Server IP Addresses
Thanks for the link to the updated IP address, my concerns have been answers. Although I live in New Zealand I am now being routed through Japan and my Hops have increased to 16 from what I believe use to be around 10-11 max.

The route through Japan is also accounting from my packet lose, weird that I go through Japan as my ISP is based in NZ and Australia and one of the hops appears to be from Melbourne go figure ??????

Will have to try speaking to my ISP first and see if they can do something as I'm not sure EA can.

Thanks
Dire

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the server(s) for all the Asian shards may be in Japan now. A few days ago when the Japanese shards were down unexpectedly, so were Balhae, Arirang, Formosa, and Oceania.

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend