• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seriously?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prior to last nights update you received 20 silver points for alters and 40 for sigils. When they talked about equalizing sigils and alters I never imagined they would reduce the points, but they did. Post update its 20 silver points for alters and 20 silver points for sigils. Like Riyana said this is fairly insane. I agree that getting points for hanging out in town and not doing anything was a bad idea. The no points for simply occupying a city seems like a good fix. However, now that it is a lot more time consuming to get silver points I think the equalization of alters and sigils should have resulted in both of them being raised, to say 50.

Has this had a negative impact on VvV? Time will tell as other content was released at the same time but I did four cities un-opposed on Atlantic today, no one showed up not even other thieves....

@Kyronix you listened to some PvPers who didn't want to adjust their playstyle to deal with thieves (and trust me many did adjust and were successful) but perhaps you can take into consideration some of us thieves who are now debating if VvV is worthwhile to do anymore.
We listened to the feedback that VvV, that at its core is intended to promote PvP combat, was putting too much emphasis on a first order optimal strategy that did not include combat. As a result, occupation points, the most prolific way to get match points, were not serving their intended purpose of forcing combat encounters because there were hidden players in a remote part of the city that were not going to have an interest in forcing those encounters, and thus that entire mechanic would be stalemated, this coupled with sigils having the highest point value put an emphasis on stealth and hiding, which is imbalanced against the core concept of VvV - combat. It is also important to note that there are more opportunities for stealing sigils in a timed match than claiming an altar.