• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Event Focus Group -Thursday Sept 29 at 9pm EST

Event Focus Group -Thursday Sept 29 at 9pm EST
Posted by Stephen of Trinsic
Skara Brae Community Center Trammel
Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 09:00 PM
Until: Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
An event after the event this week.

To get a better idea and gather ideas on what players would like to see for a story on Atlantic an in-game focus group is being held. It will immediately follow the conclusion of the EM Event that starts at 8pm and usually lasts one hour. So if the event runs a little long the focus group could be delayed. We encourage anyone going to the focus group to attend the EM Event as some questions may be related.

The focus group will be held in the Trammel Skara Brae Community Center located between the Moongate and Bank. In order to participate and answer questions you must be present in-game. However, if you can not attend in-game you can still watch on the Twitch streaming channel: http://www.twitch.tv/jcthebuilder

The focus group is expected to last about 30 minutes. There will be different question formats such as yes/no, scale of 1 to 10, describe your reaction to a question in 1 or 2 words, etc.

By answering these questions you will be providing valuable feedback and ideas to the city governors on what you would like to see for upcoming stories. We want to make events more exciting and engaging for everyone. What better way to do that then to ask you directly?

At the conclusion of the focus group a prize will be given out, one of the recent EM Event Item Drops. The method has not yet been determined. It might be a trivia question.

We hope to see a lot of people there. Especially people who have stopped attending events. Let us all work to make Atlantic a vibrant and active community once again. This is something every player can work on. Join the focus group to make it happen.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
KEEP THE HUMANIST STORYLINE ALIVE!

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A lot more than two people were unhappy with the story. Maybe you should be more compassionate about the feelings of others. Isn't that one of the virtues?
If we are comparing virtues... Valor is also a virtue, and Courage is one of it's principles. So I would suggest maybe having some thick skin as well.

As I noted in the other thread on this topic... this is a COMPUTER GAME. The aspect of humans vs. elves vs. gargoyles is a relevant story line. Further, the story line has been running for longer than these recent race related troubles that we're seeing in real life... let alone the fact that trying to connect these events in UO to what has happened in some of these RL events is also quite a stretch.

Tip-toeing due to some hurt feelings, over this silly issue of all things, is absolutely absurd. There are many people who feel the way I do as well. Just because a few people take offense doesn't mean it should come to an end.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah this was really stupid. I have a hard time imagining anyone really saw much to do with IRL in this "humans versus elves and stuff" business. Just seemed like some people crying for attention.

Did you not attend the event last night? The turnout was a lot bigger than any recent events. Everyone heard something new is starting up so they came out. It was really fun, especially when we all thought the event was over but there was a whole second part!

The event last night was the best in a while.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah all over the shard people heard that Stephen and his friends arm-twisted the EM into cancelling a storyline by invoking IRL racial controversy and were so excited by that fact that they turned out in droves for the next event, because this was totally an issue that mattered to anyone besides you and your little clique of a couple people. It absolutely wasn't the exact same mob of random people looking for drops and yelling nonsense as always. Nope, you really made a big difference. You're a real hero.

Then Richard Garriot appeared to thank you, and declare you the new King of Ultima and give you a hundred dollars, and everyone clapped. Yep that's exactly what happened.

Yawn.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The only words I could add here would not get through the Stratics filters.. so I will settle for.. :yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seriously these guys acting like anyone besides them gave a crap about this, or that anything to do with this would have any measurable effect on attendance, is the funniest thing I've ever read here.