• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ozog Memorial

Ozog Memorial
Posted by Riyana
Pitmuck Island, Chesapeake
Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 07:00 PM
Until: Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Gather on Pitmuck Island on Sunday, September 11th at 7PM ET to remember and mourn our beloved lost goblin king Ozog Giantfart (aka @whiterabbit ).

Pitmuck can easily be reached via the teleporter hub on the southern Luna wall. It's the one that looks like an ice cream cone.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
An in-character poem from Holly Bloodhand to Ozog Giantfart, king of the goblins:

A Fond Farewell

A dark thundercloud in the distance forebode
Ill tidings brought in with the tide--
When the word was received,
Even hardest hearts grieved,
For the king of the goblins had died.

I fell to the deck with a great jolting shock
And dismissed to the shore all my crew.
Alone, I set sail
Toward the howling sea gale
In a loss for what else I could do.

Battered and bruised, in the eye of the storm,
I stopped therein to contemplate
My unspeakable woe
From this sudden harsh blow
From the callous and cruel hand of fate.

A unique and kind soul in a world full of strife--
Of his kind there was no other one.
Both as foe and as friend
He always in the end
Met each day with good sport and great fun.

I know what I am, and what I’ll never be,
And perhaps should have known from the start--
For all that I’ve planned
Trying to conquer this land,
He had long ago conquered its heart.

As the storm broke, I slowly sailed back
Though I wanted instead to retreat;
Far less joy will there be
In any victory
In this world that’s no longer complete.

I’ve no flowers nor trinkets to lay at this grave--
I bring only my words in tribute:
I shall never forget
The legacy he left--
The only sov’reign I’ll ever salute.

Mortality bests each of us in the end,
And the knife of loss always cuts sharp;
But when your time draws near
Know that soon you will hear
That familiar voice greet you with “aarp”.

Holly has declared the island of Pitmuck off limits to pirates in honor of Ozog.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to thank the citizens of Chesapeake for extending the invitation to other shards for the memorial service in honor of Ozog. Many of us from Baja attended as he was also a part of our world. It was such an emotional night for me and with each tear I shed, I could hear Ozog saying, "Mama, nos cry". When Holly read her poem, I thought my heart would break. No truer words have been spoken about how many of us feel in losing a dear friend and the King of the Goblins. May Mike (Ozog) rest in peace and I hope the goblin world carries on as I don't think Ozog would want it any other way. † *deep curtsy* †

Ozog memorial.jpg

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an idea for those that worked so hard to put the memorial service together.....
That poem... wow... I think it says so much about Ozog and how those that knew him felt about him.
I think it would be really nice to write the poem in a book and place it on a podium at the site. It would be helpful in the future to those that pass the area to understand.
Thank you for this moment in time.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an idea for those that worked so hard to put the memorial service together.....
That poem... wow... I think it says so much about Ozog and how those that knew him felt about him.
I think it would be really nice to write the poem in a book and place it on a podium at the site. It would be helpful in the future to those that pass the area to understand.
Thank you for this moment in time.
I got a book from the good people of Chessy and it has Holly's poem in it. I did a few copies and sealed them for you and others who want it on Baja. I concur that a podium with a book containing that poem would be a beautiful tribute. "Wow" is the reaction I have every time I read it. It goes to show the depth of how close we all get in this game.