• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Semidar

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm back after a break, and Semidar got beefed up somewhere along the line.

Any tips to taking her as a tamer? The group I was with wasn't co-ordinated enough to x-field her or just run and cast to stay out of the aura. We tried sending 3 GDs at her, but her life leech aura kept her topped up and killed the dragons fast.

We had some success with sending a single GD at her, with her discorded and 3 of us casting heals on the GD, but we stopped at 75% since it was just going ridiculously slow.

Does the aura leech a percentage, a set amount, does it factor in elemental resist, etc? Any tips to taking Semidar without a dexxer?

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you use 2 gds to tank semidar the way i use to do it is whenever one or both tamers get low on mana and need to meditate or just regenerate mana call back one gd and cast an invis on it so semidar do not follow then vet heal it then put it back in the fight and call back the other gd the same way and vet heal do that until both tamers got alot of mana then go back to mage heal with both gds attacking
One Disco tamer and one mage tamer can solo semidar this way but it take way over 1h

semidar reflect back dmg if you are a male so polymorph to female or anything other than a male or use the sandals that turn you into a goblin i use to do that on my archer

If you want your pet to do the bigger part of the dmg to semidar then there is no fast way to kill her because you can not both heal your pet and trow spells at her the silly part is that you can solo her with an archer tamer just leav your pet 2 screens away and kill her with archery (armour ignore) in maybe 20min

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want your pet to do the bigger part of the dmg to semidar then there is no fast way to kill her because you can not both heal your pet and trow spells at her the silly part is that you can solo her with an archer tamer just leav your pet 2 screens away and kill her with archery (armour ignore) in maybe 20min

How does one deal with the conflicting needs to have high intelligence to heal the pet from a distance (mana) AND also have high dexterity to be able to cast arrows/bolts fast (stamina) and still have decent strength to wear gear, carry stuff, have enough hit points to stay alive...?

Besides, the weapon should also be spell channeling to be able to shoot AND cast greater heal and that is 1 attack property less on the weapon.....

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does one deal with the conflicting needs to have high intelligence to heal the pet from a distance (mana) AND also have high dexterity to be able to cast arrows/bolts fast (stamina) and still have decent strength to wear gear, carry stuff, have enough hit points to stay alive...?

Besides, the weapon should also be spell channeling to be able to shoot AND cast greater heal and that is 1 attack property less on the weapon.....
You do not need a max everything archer to kill semidar all you need is to be able to armour ignore somewhat fast that is it run with mage suit much mi and mr and you get away with pretty low int for a tamer or do not have magery at all you can heal with chivalry aswell or have only veterinary no magery how you set up your archer tamers is up 2 you

My example was to show how bad tamers are at semidar if it is better to leav your pet on the side than to have it attack semidar and yes a pure archer is way better to kill semidar than an archer tamer

Last edited: