• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Selling 110 Fishing Powerscroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are fed up spending your time trying to get a 110 fishing powerscroll needed to reach 106.0 fishing and so be offered fishing orders with dungeon fish (which are needed to get a chance at getting 115 and 120 fishing powerscrolls...) and want to buy one and be done with it well, I am selling one.

PM me if interested.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note that you can get dungeon fish on your fishmonger quests at 105 skill since the last publish went through.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just a note that you can get dungeon fish on your fishmonger quests at 105 skill since the last publish went through.
Thank you Thom for this useful post.
Also please note it is easier to get powerscrolls since the last publish as well.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Are you sure ??

Because there was a thread recently and I was claiming the same thing you mention but I was bashed for saying something not correct which was not in the development notes and merely hear say.....

So, now, which is which ?

When I say that dungeon fish orders have been moved to 105 skill I get yelled at.

When I then say they are still at 106 because of the mentioned thread and no reference in the publish notes I get told that no, they are no longer at 106 but are now at 105.

Hallo ?????????????

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/2...ng-order-105-dungeon-fish-after-pub-69-a.html

After going over the pub 69 notes, NO place does it say you can get dungeon fish order's at 105, all it say's is they will make it easier to get the power scroll's over 105
Give it a rest. Please show us where they said it was going to change from 106 to 105, it is nowhere in the notes.
Read the notes for the patch or would you like us to go through them for you and explain it so a 5 year old can understand it. No where in the pub notes does it say you can now get dungon fish quests at 105. Can you understand that or do you need someone to hold your hand, again. They can say a lot of things but unless it is in the notes then NOTHING has changed.
Popps, it never ceases to amaze me how much you erroneously interpret publish notes.
Everyone knows Poops can't read publish notes.
popps, please produce the post where it says that dungeon orders would come at less than 106.
definitely never said anything about allowing 105 fishing to get dungeon fish orders. we are still required to obtain 106 fishing to get dungeon fish orders. they want us to bind the scrolls in order to get to this level. you're basing your post off hearsay.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also please note it is easier to get powerscrolls since the last publish as well.

Depends how one defines "easier" because it took me several hundreds of fishing quests to get another 110 PS drop....
That's several days of fishing and questing and fishing and questing and fishing and questing some more...

Perhaps for some it is easy, I have another meter of judgement, though, and I still find it a royal pain.

Anyway, my post was directed at those who are fed up at trying to get one, whether it is "easy" or "hard" for them.

Some may get fed up after 10 quests, some after 500 quests and not getting the PS.

Regardless, I directed my post at those fellow fishermen who, no matter what is the number of fishing quests they did, they have had enough of keeping trying and want to just buy one and be done with it.

Alright ?

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see if I can find where I saw it, I might be wrong. (it's been know to happen on occasion :p )However, I had/have nothing to do with others jumping on you for stating it in a previous post. If i'm wrong you'll get my apology, if not I consider it a service to the community of Catskills to point out information such as that.

I do know for a fact that the chances have been increased to get the scrolls. You may not see it, but just about everyone else i've seen has reported that they are getting more/higher level scrolls then they were previous to this publish. I've personally pulled 3 110's and a few 105's since the changes were made and I don't quest all that much.

And for future reference I had/have nothing to do with what other people do when you post things and would appreciate at least an attempt at a little respect when you reply to me if you want to be afforded the same courtesy.

G

Gowron

Depends how one defines "easier" because it took me several hundreds of fishing quests to get another 110 PS drop....
That's several days of fishing and questing and fishing and questing and fishing and questing some more...

Perhaps for some it is easy, I have another meter of judgement, though, and I still find it a royal pain.

Anyway, my post was directed at those who are fed up at trying to get one, whether it is "easy" or "hard" for them.

Some may get fed up after 10 quests, some after 500 quests and not getting the PS.

Regardless, I directed my post at those fellow fishermen who, no matter what is the number of fishing quests they did, they have had enough of keeping trying and want to just buy one and be done with it.

Alright ?
Gee, popps, you can't even post something for sale without stirring up the pot! Just for the record, yes it is easier. I got a 110 scroll before I completed 30 fishing quests since the patch.

All you needed to do was post that something was for sale and leave it at that, but no, you had to turn that into a debate....

*shakes head*

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you needed to do was post that something was for sale and leave it at that, but no, you had to turn that into a debate....

I actually DID that, I SIMPLY posted that whomever was fed up trying to get a fishing 110 PS which is needed to get to 106 skill for dungeon fishing orders and wanted to buy it PM me and what do I get ? Replies saying that their drop rate was increased and that dungeon fish is now at 105 and not at 106 !!

I mean, hallo ?? Is this a trade Forum or the fishing forum or UHall ??

Those who want to buy PM me those who do not want to buy don't PM me.

I do not see the need to start debating the ins and outs of fishing in a trade forum but if someone else starts it, I got to answer, I guess.....

G

Gowron

I do not see the need to start debating the ins and outs of fishing in a trade forum but if someone else starts it, I got to answer, I guess.....
Yet, you continue to do so....

Poor, poor popps. You can't even post a sale without turning it into a debate.

Either that, or you just have to toot your horn and try to have the last word. I'm sure this will lock.

Someone, please by the 110 scroll. Popps worked real hard to get it, and it took him 400 posts on stratics to get it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for future reference I had/have nothing to do with what other people do when you post things and would appreciate at least an attempt at a little respect when you reply to me if you want to be afforded the same courtesy.

I just mentioned the thread and the quotes because I said the same thing you said here in this thread and that was how I was treated...... Can you imagine that ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't even post a sale without turning it into a debate.

I had NO desire whatsoever to start a debate in a trade Forum, it was OTHERS who started it by bringing fishing issues whether right or wrong into a TRADE FORUM.

I merely and only put my scroll up for sale and invited interested parties to PM me.

OTHERS choose to start up a discussion about fishing issues in a trade forum, rather than in the pertaining fishing forum or in UHall.

I am merely answering to others. I do not see HOW you can see me answering as the one starting a debate. It is those who bring up the issues not related to the trade which start the debating, NOT ME. I only answer back, period.

Rather than pointing at me as the one starting up a fishing debate in a Forum limited to trade issues, you should have pointed at others, instead, IMHO.

Do not want a fishing debate in a trade Forum ? Do not bring up issues not pertaining to a trade forum. Yes, it is as easy as that.

G

Gowron

If you can't see how your initial post stirred up others to respond in any other manner than to simply discuss purchasing your scroll, then thou art truly daft.

If you can't see how your responses merely add fuel to the proverbial fire, then you really don't have the temperment for posting a sale.

All you do, is post that something is for sale and await the PM you so graciously requested. However, you seem to have a need to reply to every post that comes your way. It's either because, once again, you love tooting your own horn, you're bumping up your post count, because if you persist, this thread will soon be about something other than your sale.

I was kindly enough to promote your sale on my last post, I shan't be so kind next time.

Just conclude with you are selling something. Anything other than that is a subtle attempt to further your BS agenda that you failed to achieve elsewhere.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upon further review of all the different shards and vendors... 110 fishing scrolls are becoming quite common. They just aren't worth the money people are trying to get for them now. With that being said. I'll give you 50k :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you do, is post that something is for sale and await the PM you so graciously requested.

That is what a Trade Forum is all about, ain't it ?

Players posting their wares up for sale, or request a specific item, and invite those interested to contact them.

Do not like the item ? -- > Leave the post alone.

Do not need the item ? -- > Leave the post alone.

Do not like the poster ? -- > Leave the post alone.

Someone wants to sell or buy in a trade forum. That thread/post is directed to those interested in that item and not to those who are not interested. If there is no interest to buy that item, that post/thread should be left alone.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upon further review of all the different shards and vendors... 110 fishing scrolls are becoming quite common. They just aren't worth the money people are trying to get for them now. With that being said. I'll give you 50k :)

Saying that it is easier to get fishing powerscrolls, does not make them easy to get. People who actually fish and do the fishing quests know much better than anyone else whether they, personally, are having or not a hard time getting a given scroll. They do not need anyone else to tell them that they are "supposedly" easier to get (not easy, just a little easier as they were before which was impossible....).

Why ?

Because they fish, they do their quests and they get baits and books and fishing equipment but not powerscrolls even if others say the scrolls should suppoedly be easier to drop..... Eventually, they get fed up of trying and wasting their time on that preferring to do other things in the game and just buy the fishing scroll.

So, people know for themselves and their personal standard of patience whether they are or not fed up of trying and my sale is directed at those, as I said, who have ended their patience and no longer want to insist trying to get one.

Those who do not need or want this particular item can just leave my sale alone ?

Thank you.

P.S. If you checked around shards, Atlantic and Legends have a peak value of 12 millions. Even the asian shard Izumo has one at 10 millions which is a very high value for an asian shard where hystorically powerscrolls have always been cheaper than US or european shards (meaning they are not that a common drop as words say....). Most shards have a bulk averaging value of 8 millions. Sure, there are occasional lower values on some less played shards but like I would not consider high peaks like the 12 millions Atlantic/Legends one, I would never also consider the odd low peaks either....
Usually the best way to fairly value an item is using the widespread average value that most shards have.
Besides, fishing orders are extremely time consuming both because of the fishing for fish, crabs and lobsters and to run the various orders sailing back and forth towns.

If a player has to spend a week of game play to get a 110 fishing powerscroll (one can say they should be easier to drop but still, it takes many many orders to see one...), and in this week they could have spent their time in game doing far more lucrative and fun things like getting a tangle, a crimson, the new invasion items, whatever, players might think that their time is better spent doing else and just spend the gold to buy that 110 fishing powerscroll..., In the end, rather than insisting on getting it themselves, they will end up with a better balance (and probably more fun from their time spent in the game) just doing something else in the game and buying that fishing powerscroll.

G

Gowron

Saying that it is easier to get fishing powerscrolls, does not make them easy to get. People who actually fish and do the fishing quests know much better than anyone else whether they, personally, are having or not a hard time getting a given scroll. They do not need anyone else to tell them that they are "supposedly" easier to get (not easy, just a little easier as they were before which was impossible....).

Why ?

Because they fish, they do their quests and they get baits and books and fishing equipment but not powerscrolls even if others say the scrolls should suppoedly be easier to drop..... Eventually, they get fed up of trying and wasting their time on that preferring to do other things in the game and just buy the fishing scroll.

So, people know for themselves and their personal standard of patience whether they are or not fed up of trying and my sale is directed at those, as I said, who have ended their patience and no longer want to insist trying to get one.

Those who do not need or want this particular item can just leave my sale alone ?

Thank you.

P.S. If you checked around shards, Atlantic and Legends have a peak value of 12 millions. Even the asian shard Izumo has one at 10 millions which is a very high value for an asian shard where hystorically powerscrolls have always been cheaper than US or european shards (meaning they are not that a common drop as words say....). Most shards have a bulk averaging value of 8 millions. Sure, there are occasional lower values on some less played shards but like I would not consider high peaks like the 12 millions Atlantic/Legends one, I would never also consider the odd low peaks either....
Usually the best way to fairly value an item is using the widespread average value that most shards have.
Besides, fishing orders are extremely time consuming both because of the fishing for fish, crabs and lobsters and to run the various orders sailing back and forth towns.

If a player has to spend a week of game play to get a 110 fishing powerscroll (one can say they should be easier to drop but still, it takes many many orders to see one...), and in this week they could have spent their time in game doing far more lucrative and fun things like getting a tangle, a crimson, the new invasion items, whatever, players might think that their time is better spent doing else and just spend the gold to buy that 110 fishing powerscroll..., In the end, rather than insisting on getting it themselves, they will end up with a better balance (and probably more fun from their time spent in the game) just doing something else in the game and buying that fishing powerscroll.
Somebody please buy this scroll.

Hell, popps, have you put it on a vendor or considered it for auction?

I'd be interested to see what the market value is.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is popps, the low end of the spectrum has 10s for 300k or less. I see where you are coming from with the argument that they are hard to get, but at the same time, they are becoming more common.

You also have to understand that the average player only has 1 character that they need the scroll for. The demand is A LOT lower for a fishing scroll than say a magery or weapon skill scroll. Most people that play now days have a couple accounts and on each account probably have atleast a couple magesor warriors. Yet out of those couple accounts they only have 1 fisherman total.

Going off the random highball prices that people slap on something they think is worth a ton of money just isn't good or smart businessmanship. You need to realize the ever-growing supply and the ever-dwindling demand.

All I'm saying is your greed is going to end up with you sitting on a scolll that is only worth 10k in a month.

Fishing isn't a pvp skill, nor is it a large money making skill. So in all reality charging a high price for a skill that most people will only work up because it's the "new content" is gonna leave you empty handed.

Look back to the imbuing rush and prices. They ate bottomed out now, and that's a useful skill.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
To me overcharging someone who may not know better is the same thing as scamming.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So upon skimming through these massive posts of text in a sale thread, I have decided this is way to much text to read through to find out the price of the scroll for sale..

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me overcharging someone who may not know better is the same thing as scamming.

Charging the average price as indicated by what a given item sells on most shards (i.e. not considering neither the high nor the low data of the spectrum, only the averaged prices that on most shards are applied...) is definately IMHO fair pricing and no scamming at all.

It is the market that sets the price not wishes or desires of buyers or sellers and what best indicator of what the market price is if not the average price as determined over several shards ??

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that's the case you should have this "average" price posted instead of trying to con someone who is less than knowledgable about the prices to pm you a bid. That's shady, and unprofessional.

Starting to understand why you're pretty well blackballed game-wide.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that's the case you should have this "average" price posted instead of trying to con someone who is less than knowledgable about the prices to pm you a bid. That's shady, and unprofessional.

First thing, at least for me, it is uncommon to see selling posts with the price shown. I could point you to quite a number of selling posts where no price is shows. Even in game, whenever I am at a bank or read chat talks about trades, the words "make offer" come up quite often....

Second thing, I did indicate what, to my knowledge and investigation of the market, the average price is, as well as the higher peaks which I noted where on Atlantic, Legends and Izumo. I even went quite far in my explaination as to noting how unusual was for me to see an asian shard (Izumo) with a powerscroll price at a level comparable with a US or European shard. Those who have dealt with powerscrolls know that hystorically, on average, prices for powerscrolls on asian shards are usually lower than on US or European shards.
So, seeing a rather high price for a powerscroll indicated on an asian shard tends to make me understand that either there is high demand for the item, even on asian shards, or that the spawn rate, even if increased, is still scarce to justify such a value on an asian shard.

Bottom line is, if you look at my post above that analysis is there......

Personally, though, when I am a buyer, I usually search first by myself what the average price is for an item I am interested to buy, and I usually do not just shop without first looking around on various shards, what that particular item sells on average. This said, if I have a particular need for the item or urgency I have several times paid more than what I knew was the average going price for that given item because of my particular need. So, circumstances may vary.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Charging the average price as indicated by what a given item sells on most shards (i.e. not considering neither the high nor the low data of the spectrum, only the averaged prices that on most shards are applied...) is definately IMHO fair pricing and no scamming at all.

It is the market that sets the price not wishes or desires of buyers or sellers and what best indicator of what the market price is if not the average price as determined over several shards ??
But you aren't charging any average price. You are charging the higher end of the world-wide UO Luna vendor(the most expensive vendors on any shard) prices by using an illegal 3rd party program(site) that doesn't even always get every vendor in the city.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you aren't charging any average price. You are charging the higher end of the world-wide UO Luna vendor(the most expensive vendors on any shard) prices by using an illegal 3rd party program(site) that doesn't even always get every vendor in the city.

It is kinda difficult to check out any and all vendors in some wood or some desert to try figure out an average price. It would take countless time.

Yes, the average value I came up with is based on Luna vendors but that is out of practicality. At least, even if based on Luna availability it still is averaged.
There is no need to use nothing to check Luna vendors. A simple wallk around the city browsing the vendors can, in like about 15-20 minutes get a good idea.

I mean, on most shards there is a lot less vendors around Luna as there were and so checking them is much faster than it was. Especially now that most vendors are labelled hinting to the wares they have up for sale thus saving up time to perspective buyers.

Besides, Luna vendors whether criticized or not they sell their wares........

And if they sell their wares this means that there are players buying them.

And if there are players buying them..........aheam.............ain't that the market, the meeting of the demand and the offer and all that stuff ?

G

Gowron

My question is, how do you have all that time to scope out vendors all over Luna, but not only on your shard, but you've also gone to just about every shard there is? How do you find time to do all that, fish up thousands of crustacians, and still have time to argue on the internet?

My goodness, if you applied that kind of energy to, oh...what is that...., ah yes...A JOB. You just might possibly become the dominant force in the universe.

But alas, you spend it in a failed attempt to hock a scroll. All you had to do was post something like this...

"Selling 110 fishing scroll. PM me with bids"

That's it... Odds are nothing would have been said, but your failed sales pitch has been your undoing. Please don't go into marketing.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The highest price I see right now is 16mill on ATL, and the lowest is 1.9mill on LS... with that considered I will offer you 5.5mill for it. PM me if interested.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is, how do you have all that time to scope out vendors all over Luna, but not only on your shard, but you've also gone to just about every shard there is? How do you find time to do all that, fish up thousands of crustacians, and still have time to argue on the internet?

Sometimes people may have occasionally time at hand because they are sick and so at home for a while, because they temporarily lost their job, because they are retired from work etc.

I mean, the reasons could be quite a few.....

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Popps is notorious for trying to milk every gold piece out of the items he sells, and yes, scamming. I don't do business with him or others like him. He's on my ignore list in game and on the brink of being on my ignore list on forums too.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps is notorious for trying to milk every gold piece out of the items he sells, and yes, scamming. I don't do business with him or others like him. He's on my ignore list in game and on the brink of being on my ignore list on forums too.

Really ?

How about actually making some examples of items I may have sold, to whom, for how much, and what was the going price at the time ?

While I have been scammed by others, it is just something I would never ever do to anyone.

I do not like to undersell, yes, whenever I have an item I want to sell I look around, ask around and make an opinion on what is a good and fair selling price and usually not undersell.

I give away to players who may need, but if an item is worth X, I ask X.

That, to my knowledge, is asking what the fair market price for an item is. Noting more and nothing less.

Of course, others may have a different opinion.

G

Gowron

Sometimes people may have occasionally time at hand because they are sick and so at home for a while, because they temporarily lost their job, because they are retired from work etc.

I mean, the reasons could be quite a few.....
OK, so you can't keep a job, and you're living in your parents' basement. Got it.

By the way, how many hours did you spend carousing Luna vendors on multiple shards to get your "average price". Of course, an honest "average price" would have been solely on your shard...

Seems you even try to mask your greed with a lousy attempt at "honest transparency".

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems you even try to mask your greed with a lousy attempt at "honest transparency".

I see it differently.

To my opinion, someone who might be "greedy" would try to get the highest price if not over that.

It has been mentioned here, and not by me, that currently a 110 is up for sale for 16 millions on a shard. Now, if I was to ask around that much or even more perhaps I could think of myself as overasking. But I figured instead a fair value, looking at the various going prices and at the time and effort it took me to get that PS, an average value of 8 millions which is half that much. Hardly, VERY hardly a greedy price, IMHO.

And for the record, my father passed away and I live on my own and pay up for my bills by myself since years, now.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK, so you can't keep a job, and you're living in your parents' basement. Got it.

By the way, how many hours did you spend carousing Luna vendors on multiple shards to get your "average price". Of course, an honest "average price" would have been solely on your shard...

This.
An "average price" on ATL on Luna Vendors is not an "Average price" on Great Lakes. Nor is Great Lake's average price ours.
But that's besides the point that the scrolls continue to steadily come in and prices are dropping daily. It is also a fact that Luna does not have "average" prices, Luna prices are top end high. The rest of the shard, that don't have Luna vendors (you know, the ones actually playing their fishermen and participating in quests and events regularly) are the ones selling for the reasonable and "average" prices. Why is that so hard to understand.
Last one sold on Catskills for 2M I believe.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rest of the shard, that don't have Luna vendors (you know, the ones actually playing their fishermen and participating in quests and events regularly) are the ones selling for the reasonable and "average" prices.

Price making is not an easy task.

Not everyone comes into possession of a given item that is then sold in the same way.

Some may find it on the ground, some may be given it as a gift by a friend, some may get it as the very first drop, some may have to work hard to get it.

What I am trying to say, is that in the end there is not really a generally fair price, there cannot be since what might be fair in one case might not in another.

Is it fair to sell for the same price an item that was found laying on the ground when that same item took someone several hours of game play to get ?

Is it fair to sell that same item for the same price whether one invested 10 hours or 30 hours to get it ?

Some may think yes, I don't.

Time is an assett, the time that goes by will never, ever come back.

So, I do not think we can judge others' asking price because we do not know the circumstances how they got those items, whether it was easy or hard for them.

We can certainly not like the price and not buy the item, but judge or criticize sellers over whatever price is being asked, whether low or high or average, whatever that may mean, that, I do not agree with.

If I see a selling post and I get asked a price I do not like, I simply move on and leave that post alone because I do not know the details of how easily or hardly that item was obtained and so I do not feel I have the right to make any judgement on that particular sale.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You looking at illegal search sites at the prices on Luna vendors and saying that you are selling an item for it's "average" price is false advertising.
You saying "Oh well ATL capped out at 16 mine is only half that!" is beyond silly. I can put an item on my Luna vendor for 100M. It does not mean it will ever sell for that. It sure will show on your search and raise your "average" though wont it? LOL

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You looking at illegal search sites at the prices on Luna vendors and saying that you are selling an item for it's "average" price is false advertising.
You saying "Oh well ATL capped out at 16 mine is only half that!" is beyond silly. I can put an item on my Luna vendor for 100M. It does not mean it will ever sell for that. It sure will show on your search and raise your "average" though wont it? LOL

Maybe I was unable to explain myself.

I am trying to say that only the seller knows the hardship (or the easyness) involved into getting a given item then put up for sale.

Therefore, only the seller can know whether the price being asked is or not fair.

I can have an old car worth not much to anyone else but worth lots to me because it was my grannies. whatever........

Just an example to try say that noone can judge a selling price. It can sure be disliked and rejected, but judging whatever price is being asked in not fair, IMHO, because nothing is known about how hard it was for the seller to get that particular item now up for sale.

Do not like the price ? Reject it and move on.

Questioning others' prices I see it as a very wrong thing, IMHO.

G

Gowron

Maybe I was unable to explain myself.

I am trying to say that only the seller knows the hardship (or the easyness) involved into getting a given item then put up for sale.

Therefore, only the seller can know whether the price being asked is or not fair.

I can have an old car worth not much to anyone else but worth lots to me because it was my grannies. whatever........

Just an example to try say that noone can judge a selling price. It can sure be disliked and rejected, but judging whatever price is being asked in not fair, IMHO, because nothing is known about how hard it was for the seller to get that particular item now up for sale.

Do not like the price ? Reject it and move on.

Questioning others' prices I see it as a very wrong thing, IMHO.
I can see the logic here. Nobody is arguing the seller putting up a price that they think they desereve, versus the price someone else is willing to pay.

The point where you are getting called out like a little punk, Popps, is that your lack of ability to post a sale is severely lacking.

First, you mask your sale item with a lame pitch that also coincides with your arguements for "improvements" to the game. Just mark something for sale and do not say anything else.

The second problem you encountered is that you supposedly traveled throughout multiple shards to guage an "average" price for the scroll you are selling. Quite frankly it was a false "average" and regardless of how you seem to justify it in your mind, was straight up unethical in that "average" prices for comodities apply to the shard only. Of course, you didn't think of that, because somehow, you never think beyond what you want...

Good luck. People, don't buy from this guy unless you feel you can trust him first. Seems to me to be a conman.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, you mask your sale item with a lame pitch that also coincides with your arguements for "improvements" to the game. Just mark something for sale and do not say anything else.

Well, it is a fact that if someone wants to get a 115 or 120 powerscroll they need to first get fishing orders with sufficient points.

And, in order to get fishing orders with sufficient points, it is necessary to get orders containing dungeon fish which, give the maximum of 3 points per fish requested.

That is, an order containing 20 dungoen fish counts 60 points, like it was an order of 3x 20 shallow water fish.......

This said, it still looks like the skill level at which one starts getting fishing orders containing dungeon fish is 106 fishing skill.

Now, how is one supposed to ever be able to reach 106 skill level and so start getting fishing orders with dungeon fish ? Eating a 110 fishing PS first........

Therefore, if one ever wants to try getting a 115 or 120 fishing powerscroll, they have to reach 106 skill and so, they need eating a 110 PS.

All I said was what is currently known as the truth in regards to fishing. Nothing more and nothing less.

The second problem you encountered is that you supposedly traveled throughout multiple shards to guage an "average" price for the scroll you are selling. Quite frankly it was a false "average" and regardless of how you seem to justify it in your mind, was straight up unethical in that "average" prices for comodities apply to the shard only. Of course, you didn't think of that, because somehow, you never think beyond what you want...
We are in the age of TRANSFER TOKEN travels........

There is no longer a shard limited price because if the difference is too high, people will buy items where they are cheaper and move them somehow onto their own shard.
Therefore, because of repeated transfers, prices across the shards tend to even out and it makes sense to me.

Good luck. People, don't buy from this guy unless you feel you can trust him first. Seems to me to be a conman.
I am still waiting for some examples of trades where anyone was less than happy of trading with me. People have traded to me first their holiday tickets and got theirs after.
There simply is noone who can say that they got an item other than what I told it was or that they gave me anything without getting something in trade as we had agreed.

I do not undersell, yes. But I hope this is my right not to undersell my items.

If I have the right to throw them to the trash or give them away for free I think I have also the right to sell them for whatever price I see as right and noone I think has the right to question my decision over my items which I earned using my playing time.

Or has comunism hit Ultima Online also ??

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really ?

How about actually making some examples of items I may have sold, to whom, for how much, and what was the going price at the time ?

While I have been scammed by others, it is just something I would never ever do to anyone.

I do not like to undersell, yes, whenever I have an item I want to sell I look around, ask around and make an opinion on what is a good and fair selling price and usually not undersell.

I give away to players who may need, but if an item is worth X, I ask X.

That, to my knowledge, is asking what the fair market price for an item is. Noting more and nothing less.

Of course, others may have a different opinion.
I recently returned to the game a few months ago and of course there were a bunch of new items and prices for them that I had no clue about. I was looking for a frostguard talisman and asked for one in global chat. You said you had one and asked me to make an offer, so I offered a price that was a little higher than something you found on a vendor on that website you use. You recalled to luna and I followed you over as you went and bought it off a vendor and then tried to sell it to me at the higher price instead of just telling me it was on the vendor... That kind of thing just drives me nuts even if just a little more searching I would have found it on that vendor. It was kind of a low blow if you ask me.

I understand not wanting to get lowballed on valuable items, but taking advantage of others at every opportunity is borderline petty and yet you seem to have no problem with it.

G

Gowron

I recently returned to the game a few months ago and of course there were a bunch of new items and prices for them that I had no clue about. I was looking for a frostguard talisman and asked for one in global chat. You said you had one and asked me to make an offer, so I offered a price that was a little higher than something you found on a vendor on that website you use. You recalled to luna and I followed you over as you went and bought it off a vendor and then tried to sell it to me at the higher price instead of just telling me it was on the vendor... That kind of thing just drives me nuts even if just a little more searching I would have found it on that vendor. It was kind of a low blow if you ask me.

I understand not wanting to get lowballed on valuable items, but taking advantage of others at every opportunity is borderline petty and yet you seem to have no problem with it.
tsk tsk...
Popps, now you've got an example of someone who feels swindled by you. This is almost more entertaining the playing the game.

You must really be daft if you haven't figured out that all you should have done here was figure out your price, offer to sell it for said price, then wait for the buyer to come.

Instead, you've been taking more hits than an amateur boxing Tyson. Congratulations, Popps. I am laughing, but just so you know...I'm not laughing WITH you.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I was looking for a frostguard talisman and asked for one in global chat. You said you had one and asked me to make an offer, so I offered a price that was a little higher than something you found on a vendor on that website you use. You recalled to luna and I followed you over as you went and bought it off a vendor and then tried to sell it to me at the higher price instead of just telling me it was on the vendor.
Wow. This just says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.