• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seed Pods (EM events exclusive to Europa)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event at the moment stand that Orcs have been gathering strange seed pods and taking them back to there strongholds. We were attacked in Moonglow near the lyceum by orcs trying to gather one such pod which they got away with. More pods have been located at Britain moongate and Spirituality moongate, this evening we used fungus spores from mushrooms to infect the seed at spirituality so they would collect that and watch what happen. We have also discovered books at some Orc strongholds (if someone could publish the information please) showing they are organised and under some kind of leadership. Nathan has ordered that we investigate further and look for clues, whilst keeping a close watch on all Orc strongholds. All information and updates please record here.

Lady Flame

[Anyone that wishes to join in and assist you are very welcome and we can post answers to questions here too. The events normal start at 8pm uk time from the Council hall in Britain tram, next to Lord Blackthorns castle. If you say “events” to the town crier Tonwsend outside the Council hall he often has event time schedule updates. You can also keep a watch on the Ems own web site here, this gives story updates and lots more, but it does not always have all the event schedules so best to use the Council hall.]

C

cheerful

Just to expand a bit...a while after infecting the seed pod a band of orcs led by a para brute turned up and carried off the seed pod taking it to one of their strongholds where, we hope, it will affect the other pods that the orcs have already gathered and also any subsequent pods.
Although it's a very cunning plan we are hoping that the outcome of our actions have a positive rather than negative effect.

Be watchful:eyes:

S

Seasseragh

Commander Hawke also wondered where the seeds came from.
Maybe the location of the ones found (Yew Orc Fort, Cove Orc Fort, Moonglow, Britain Moongate, Spirituality Moongate(Ilshenar) ) can help with that?

Also, does any botanist/gardener know what kind of seed it is? What kind of plant would grow from it? Can poppy dust be used to find out?

C

cheerful

Four seed pods in orc mines, second level, west wall, corpser area.

The letter we found there:

A badly written scrawl

Em orderz cums frum em big wozzah he em gud killa an ee wan kil ummies.

:eyes:ever watchful:eyes:

S

Seasseragh

A Shred of Paper - Las womp oomies... ...burzum mojo shakh
(found near Cove)
A Badly Written Scrawl - Em orderz cums frum em big wuzzah he em gud killa an ee wan kil ummies
(found in Orc Mines)
A Tatty Note - Al urk mus be wun an kil ummies. Wen em sed pudz gunna gro?

A Worn Book - Em big wozzah gib greenies orderz. Get em sed pudz an cary em ere em greenies must
(found in Yew Orc Fort)

From the Trinsic Beacon: Another seed pod has been found on horseshoe island, at the location of the black moongate.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Words from Nathan Hawke from he most recent event:

Alright so We know an infected pod is at the orc fort near Yew, due to your cunning plans.
I am guenuinely impressed!
The idea was we should see what happens to this seed pod, see the consequences.We darent risk the infection spreading.
Our seed experts the Guardsmen suggested this.

Then Nathan issued orders

Keep an eye out.
Check out the orc areas for signs.
Think of any connection.
Where they come from, think on that.
When did they appear.
Where?
Why now?
Who is the grand Wazzah?
I can't help but think we are missing something here.

We all have alot to do in trying to find and descus the answers to these questions.
I also believe that all towns near orc strongholds need informing of the situation and there aid recruited.
Yew also needs informing in particular as the infected seed pod has been taken to the orc fort near them, and we know how things turned out for them once before.
I hope that they can find time to check on these things and report here, as well as all loyal Sosarians.

T

thelust6

Hi I checked where the void gate was before, theres a pod in that area too now, I'd checked back there a few times, think it appeared on the night/day after the venture into the orc caves and the finding of the 'big wozzah' book in there. x

C

cheerful

Am i right in thinking that, apart from the moonglow seed pod which was part of the mini orc invasion all other pods have been located at moongate sites or sites where moongates have been used in the past? Not counting the pods that have been found in orc strongholds as I presume that these were gathered and brought there.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe thay have all spawned at Moongates accept for the one that was collected by the orcs near the Lyceum in Moonglow. Then orcs have been collected them and taken them to there strongholds.

My personnal view is that Mericles may be behind this with possibly a shadow lord pulling his strings. My reason is that they are being given orders from "big wuzzah ", a human would seem big to orcs and many have already said that Wuzzah could mean mage. We also know that Mericles owes Nostenfer (sorry about spelling) a favour, also these have only started to appear since the gate was opened to save Dorian and that place being one the seeds have spawned. Lets hope we get more information tonight.

S

Seasseragh

Last night there was a expedition into the Orc Mine to gather information.
Disguised and acting as orcs (well most of us) to cause as little upheaval as possible, we found the following:

-One seed pod already reached a advanced size (bows to cheerful)
-The orcs use a dark glowing liquid they manufacure from who knows what to speed up their growth
-Grunt units hit easy targets (brigands) to rob them of their weapons
-Not even the "gardener" orcs know what will grow from the pods. Seems they´re kept on a strict "neeed-to-know-basis", i.e. they were told how to grow them and nothing beyond that
-Whatever spawns from the pods will aid them in "klomping hummies" (or so they were made to believe?)
-Ingredients for the dark glowy liquid are stored/harvested in a side cave we(as run-of-the-mill orcs) were not admitted to

C

cheerful

I am hoping that other 'easy targets' do not include lightly defended towns, guard patrols and the attacking of innocent citizens to boost their arsenal. From what little I saw our pseudo orcs managed to knock unconscious the unwary brigands, not an act I expect real orcs would afford us.

Of equal concern was the diary of Mericles, I quickly read it before I left but it is not there now, anyone help me out here?

S

Seasseragh

Mericles´ Diary Pt.2
Found at Terort Skitas

And so I now return to my seat of power.

And what have I learned?

These foolish Sosarians follow the fool Nathan Hawke
but there are others too there from Trinsic, Yew, Vesper,
Cove, Skara Brae and more.

But will they think on what they have learned also? I doubt it.

I was a fool to be trapped by love for Hannah. She is now lost
to me and all that is left for me is to utilise the powers she has
for my own purpose and suck her life from her and leave her
like a husk.

But that must wait.

For now my plans involve a new threat I can nurture to rid the
lands of those unwanted do-gooders.

C

cheerful

These were the second diaries of Mericles. Understandably Hannah was quiet shocked at the content.

As far as I know there are no new orders whilst Nathan is away however we have many places to keep an eye on :eyes:

C

cheerful

Infected orcs in Yew! no doubt mixing seed pods with their roasties. Hope it's not contagious...to us.

Excellent offer Duke.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree I hope its not contagious.

Something that has me concerned is that they could use this plant to contaminate our water supply from within the orc cave. Remember that underground water fall. I hope I'm this is wrong as the notes we have found so far talk about bashing humans, but still worth keeping an eye on.

C

cheerful

As the seeds are growing freely in the caves i'm wondering about the wisdom of the infected pods now, maybe we should neutralise them and concentrate on the mines. What ever comes out of the pod might be bad but a least it's semi-confined to that area which will be more controlable from a battle point of view.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am inclined to agree, who knows where this infection will lead. Destroying the seed pods outside of the mine along with all infected orcs must be considered and put before Nathan. I am also wondering if we should go all the way and destroy those within the mine too. Would you wait for a foe to forge a weapon of destruction or would you destroy it before its completion. Waiting to see what comes from these seeds may not be a wise course.

C

cheerful

There is wisdom in what you say Flame but I wonder if the mines are the only place the pods are being cultivated. 'Know thy enemy' type of thing.
Nathan my have more news on his return.

S

Seasseragh

Last night a trinsician expedition met with harder than expected resistance in Blood Dungeon, Ilshenar, facing orcish hordes and a surprised Mericles in the Succubus´ chamber.

Apparently Mericles was preparing a by now familiar dark glowing liquid there.