[Gardening] seed exchange

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
have I just not been paying attention again? don't recall seeing the top description here.... haven't gone thru all my seed stashes yet, but I could have sworn that they all just said cocoa and that none of them were bright

(these were in a bag dropped in the box in Nujelm, I did not check them before hand)

Attachments

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 17, 2003
The Foothills of Appalachia
have I just not been paying attention again? don't recall seeing the top description here.... haven't gone thru all my seed stashes yet, but I could have sworn that they all just said cocoa and that none of them were bright

(these were in a bag dropped in the box in Nujelm, I did not check them before hand)

That seems to be what all the cocoa trees produce now - I had 4-5 single cocoa seeds that I purchased get converted over as well.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jan 25, 2004
interesting.. like sugar cane saying bamboo?

well lets hope rest of the gardner are more prepared than i was at exhange box..

i combine the seed in the bag i drop in and what was on me or bug depending on where i had bag..tallk about nearly crapping a brick thinking i lost seed and knowing i had room on me.

Lilith Faire

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 11, 2008
I am not sure what I am doing wrong at the Gardener's Toolbox, but my seeds are still not stacking. I've tried dropping the bag of seeds on the box as well as the individual seeds and still nothing. Am I missing a step somehow? Any help would be appreciated! I am on Pac btw.

Thanks!

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jan 25, 2004
I am not sure what I am doing wrong at the Gardener's Toolbox, but my seeds are still not stacking. I've tried dropping the bag of seeds on the box as well as the individual seeds and still nothing. Am I missing a step somehow? Any help would be appreciated! I am on Pac btw.

Thanks!
Well you not alone.. 99% of my seeds are stacking but 1% are not.

FYI, that a greedy box.. i had seeds on packie it took them and combine them too. O.O

Lilith Faire

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 11, 2008
Hmmm - well I can't seem to get ANY of mine to stack. Am I doing it right? I drop the bag of seeds on the box in the middle of the garden and it pops right back into my backpack unchanged. All my seeds have been ided and I know I have a bagful of stacks of the same seeds that won't combine. I feel like I am maybe missing an important step.... I am about ready to give it up.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jan 25, 2004
Thats all i am doing droping bag on box. i still freakin over it combine with seeds on packie and bug. O.O i wasnt expecting that one at all.

hmm how old are the seeds? maybe if they are really really old.. they wont combine.

Strange indeed, i would say page gm but doubt they could help. :eyes:

Lilith Faire

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 11, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply and the help! I am glad to know that it doesn't seem to be user error on my part.... lol I'm sure some of the seeds are really old. But it won't let me combine my fragrant seeds either. I haven't tried my peculiar ones. I will try them later and see if it works - if it doesn't I am not going to worry. It would have been nice to have the extra storage space but it's not essential!

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 17, 2003
The Foothills of Appalachia
Thanks for the quick reply and the help! I am glad to know that it doesn't seem to be user error on my part.... lol I'm sure some of the seeds are really old. But it won't let me combine my fragrant seeds either. I haven't tried my peculiar ones. I will try them later and see if it works - if it doesn't I am not going to worry. It would have been nice to have the extra storage space but it's not essential!
There are 17 distinct types of peculiar seeds, so you are going to have 17 individual stacks, regardless. Not sure why the fragrants aren't stacking - they are the same across the board. And I'm not really sure age matters, either - I found 2 packs of assorted seeds in my old alchemist char's bank box, which I am entirely certain have been there for over 4 years (the account has been closed that long) and quite likely since they were introduced, and the ones that could stack, did.

Lilith Faire

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 11, 2008
Well, I am stumped then. I tried with all my red seeds - I had two different stacks of ferns, palms, and others - none worked. I have ided all my seeds - got some new peculiars today and they won't stack with my older seeds. I am out of ideas and to be honest not that interested in fiddling with it any more. I have so little time in this game as it is.... :) Thanks for all the help and feedback!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
VERY Buggy Gardener's Toolbox

There seem to be major bugs with the gardener's toolbox. You might not want to use it for stacking up your old, nonstacking seeds until it is fixed because you very well may lose your seeds--from your house or even your backpack--and/or end up with someone else's seeds.

See these threads for more details:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=180158

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=180157 (copy of first thread but is on GL forum, so it may end up with different replies)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I suspect that the seeds for the peculiar plants that now give resources (i.e.,flax, cypress, and sugar cane) may have had a change in their ID # so that seeds harvested from these plants after the release of Publish 64 will not stack with the same type of seeds harvested before the publish. I'm just guessing though.

You could always try planting "old" seeds and then dumping them out of their pots to see if they will then stack with "new" seeds of the same type. That's what some of us did previously when our old seeds wouldn't stack and we got stubborn about wanting to clear up some storage space. LOL