• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event See for Yourself... (Monday Oct. 8th)

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the Sonoma EM Events website:
Daniel handed Duper the chess piece. “See for yourself. It is the original. The craftsmanship can only be that of Lord British. I am convinced.”

Dupre turned the Bishop piece over a few times. “I Concur. But What to do now?”

” I know what I am doing. I am sneaking this piece back before Blacktorn sees it is missing.”

“Daniel You better get used to calling him Lord.”

Daniel nodded and picked up the piece. “I hope to see you tomorrow then…as planned?”

“At the counselor hall in Britainnia Monday October 8 at 6PT 9 ET.”

Daniel seemed to vaporize and Dupre sat at his desk alone. A wry smile crossed his face.

Maddwg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, everyone knows that I love the sound of my own voice. So, I don't normally begrudge others their voice. However, two or three people felt that the coronation event was a good stage for their acting.
When called to stop, one kept saying that being rude was not a violation of the TOS. You are right, it is a violation of the ROC not the TOS.
Although you should read what the TOS says about banning all of your accounts if they should choose to do so.

The ROC Rules
2: You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language, graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals).

This rule was violated.
--------------------------------
Rule 16: You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in Ultima Online. Failure to follow instructions from official Support Staff may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account.

This was rule continually violated. I think when the EM asked that certain action stop, he/she should not have had to ask again.
--------------------------------
Rule 24: You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.

I think this rule was violated by the continous interuptions of the event.
------------------------------

If the event sucks causing you to think the game sucks then go to the appropriate places to make your feelings heard. An in-game event is not it.
If saying anything in-game was allowed, then I would have asked you to shut the ---- up. But I can't say that.

Maddwg, just another paying customer

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i dont often make events but i was a little off put by those 2 as well.

and they cant even fall back and say that its a tram/fel thing cause im from fel and even i thought they where being so grade 7 about it.

hell, if i where the EM i would have paralyzed them and stripped then naked and painted them pink with red lipstick and then transported them to the bottom of shame fel side with a note stuck on their back that said "dont pull my tail or ill squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" or at the very least chucked them out.

the rights of the one should not trample on the rights of the many. so one paying customer should not get to ruin a event for the other 200 paying customers. BUT, alas, the 15 year old mentality just takes over some of these people when they get in a crowd.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed it was an immature and completely unnecessary display. I am glad Mesanna showed up to take at least one of them to task. *shakes her head*

I really like your punishment idea Poo! :)

Last edited: