• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seattle Town Hall (The quick-points version)...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Setup: A few minutes prior to the start of the Town Hall. Made my way to D&B's on LS and got a question handed in, and am now waiting on the start of the event, so here's the thread for the bullet points as things are addressed in the town hall (via WRR's broadcast).

I'll start the bullet points and be edit-updating this post as I get each small batch.

Seattle Town Hall:

- Overloaded microphone to start the proceedings

- Still waiting

- Stygian Abyss: Talk about the concept of the expansion... SA is ON (apparently)

- Build up to expansion via live ingame events

- Gargoyles have their own animation effects... including flying

- Dungeon will look and feel like the original Ultima Underworld dungeon

- SA will be for both clients (no details yet)

- KR is being improved including new map, more vibrant, better map overall.

- New client being based off of the KR technology (the SA client)

- KR will be fixed. (there goes my question for WRR)

- Crafting to have a HUGE update.

- New Skill: Embueing!

- Missed something here due to need for a certain break

- And cut to music

- Cut back in, apparently talking about the revamp of the KR client, now on to the artwork for SA

- Mysticism is a new skill... going into QA. haven't yet heard what's involved yet at this point.

- Looking to integrate UOA with the client

- Chat about the look of the Gargoyles

- Dev Diary and FAQ on SA on the website

Questions to the Devs:

- Is SA going to change the 2d client? No. 2d UI is not being redone. (seems different than what they said at the first)

- Gargoyle animations will be seriously different from human/elves

- New housing: New housing space is under discussion

- New champ spawns/power scrolls: Reward system will be different as will the new "boss fights"

- Gargoyles cannot wear human/elf armors

- Bringing back in old players: Yes, they are looking at marketing for this purpose

- Meeting coming up regarding live events and the expansion

- Size big enough that they are talking about new hardware to support

- There will be areas in SA reds can go (applause). More detail in the future... PvP content mentioned

- Gargoyle flying over water... "we don't know"

- Fighting styles between flying creatures: in PvP will be similar to being mounted

- Will new armor be auto-have or need a recipe... unknown yet

- Recall in SA: Still under consideration... limited at best.

- New Tameables, crossbreeding: Crossbreeding not on schedule. New tameables and ridables

- No new skills are garg specific

- Garg Slayers Weapons: Will not affect in PvP/ Repond Slayers will not work on humans (PvP)

- Almost a fist fight over how ap layer can become a gargoyle (new character vs quest)

- Jeremy takes a vote and it's 50/50 on having a turn to garg quest

- Crafters of any race can make garg armor

- Templates are supposed to be cramped skillpointwise

- The new UI is under construction (Hmmm interesting)

- Balance issues and math issues with Power Scrolls still remain

- Can you use a Bola on flying gargs... YES. Acts as a dismount and they cannot instantly fly again

- Throwing skill: is not restricted, new weapon skill

- Dryad allure on Abyss creatures... unknown at this time

- Jeremy promises she won't bite... hard

- New resources: Granite will stack and be used

- Stealth as a gargoyle walking vs flight: Going to solicit feedback

- Minipolls are going to be posted on UO Herald... USE THE FEEDBACK FORM

- Queen Mum cookies get an applause

- "The stupid heartwood quests are not coming back"

- The Retail Box: Still under discussion and another fistfight

- Form shifting spells that could fly access to flight-only areas: Being written down... apparently not considered yet

- Will new stuff be dyable: "under consideration"

- Dual Monitors and the UO map: Will we be able to put the map onto 2nd monitor: The thought KR had it, but I haven't noticed that. Works in Windowed mode by dragging the window to both monitors, not in fullscreen

- Cloth Map and new physical maps being discussed.

- Garg house tiles under discussions

- "SA is going to ship when it is ready"

- Will Talisman Slayer properties affect spells: To Be written down

- GM vs Legendary Smith weapon quality: Live Question... coming as SA is the topic

- Crafting with Blackrock: BR is tied into Live Event cycle. Beyond that is undecided

- Pre Order Gifts: To be discussed later

- New runics in SA: Not tied to expansion

- Embueing is the "big new crafting change"

- Glass Armor and Weapons in SA: Not on the schedule... "the concept of glass armor is freaking me out"

- Granite will stack SOON!

- Pet armor: Interesting though "we can write it down"

- Keeping new craftables and items "fresh": There's no way to stop people burning through content, SA will have a lot of content though

- Much of housing rules re: gargoyles still under discussion

- Dye Tubs for pets: NO!!!!

- Will dread warhorses come back has not yet been revealed

- When will peerlesses become non-soloable: long time talks about PvE rebalance pass

- Thieves guild: They think they found the bug but cannot reproduce it. A partial fix got pushed live.

- Expansion for cooking/tinkering/etc in SA: Not specifically in SA

- Inherent Garg abilities: YES. Will show up on website

- Stone armor meddable? No details yet

- Website: 1st piece will be about the gargoyle race. then environments, then skills. Information will be staged over the coming months

- New beggar content: Written down, easy to overlook

- New items added to treasure chests, new maps/MIBs: Revamping T-Chest loot = frequent talks

- Magincia: Stay tuned.

- Will things change with garg city in Ilsh: Unknown

- SA pricing for groups: Not yet solid

- Tying accounts on billing: Cool but scary

- Foundations on houses with new tiles

- "Elves just see in the dark, there is not a toggle switch, that's not what the ears are for"

- Talk of making Factions interesting: Factions Channel mentioned.

- Price change to subscription: Nothing heard.

- Faction Quests: Dunno yet

- Stable slots: We are aware

- Boating: under discussion

- ToT in garg lands: unknown at this time

- Craftable wedding stuff: Live question... be back

- Encouraging player run towns: No final answer yet

- Bank checks to pay vendors: "We can write it down"

- Embueing will it consume junk items: Still to be determined

- Critical failure in Unravelling/Embueing: Will be discussed later

- When is beta: Not currently taking signups for beta. To be determined when shipping date is determined

- Virtues: Live content question

- A general thanks to the team

- New client was to be ready by August

- Talk about getting into an "Alpha" test

- Commodity deeds, redeem at house: YES! (There was a whisper of "It's in 55 as a vet reward" overheard)

- Houses are being knocked down, burning houses in Luna is different story

- Will the new client be moddable: Will be announced later (This one was mine from ingame)

- Reiteration that SA is accessible by both clients.

- Server updates to help the KR/SA client.

- Pet aggressor flag running out: Send issues in with a bug. Pets stay aggroed after the flag wears off and allows people to suicide for a murder count

- New music/instruments: Met with a giggle... tons and tons of sound files to go through (question scares dev), will be looked in to

- New stone types or just granite: Will be looked in to.

- Gargs will not have mounts... flying replaces mounts

- BRB... might miss a question here.

- Weddings: design docs not good. WOrking to solidify design before releasing them

- Commas on vendor prices: On the list (I need to interject here that it is already in BB_Enhanced and other KR mods)

- Resolution upgrade for 2d: (Grimm twitched) "Don't hold your breath" (No 2d for me then)

- Time out in own house problems: Other than aggresion flags, send in bug reports with EXACT LOCATION

- Pirate Expansion: "People keep asking for it"

- GM service: Lack of customer support: Use Contact US for GM Review

- Kneejerk reactions of GMs: Cannot address

- Remove All for BOD/Rune books: noted

- Stackables in 56

- Randomized resources: To make higher end ore types rare, embueing will make them even more valuable. Mining and LJ rewards time.

- Inflation and economy: UO is decentralized and has no price controls. "We need more ways to destroy gold"

- Bring back Counselors: Lawsuit killed it.

- They want to bring back EMs and counselors, but they got busy. Not in the near future, being considered.

- Stackable Sand Pub 56

- Flying Mounts: Not part of SA currently

- Magic Carpet: Possibility, not on the schedule. Jeremy mentions WoW, but the carpet was in Ultima 7 Hot Air Balloon (from Ultima 6): Not currently on the table

- Pet Line of sight being looked at right now

- Couple of questions to be considered for 5 on Friday (Honor and Barding on Swamp Dragons)

- Buying a duped item: Not a likely scenario to be banned for casual shopping. "I wish the (duped items) came with a big blinking neon sign"

- Bugged Quivers: Call a GM and you won't get banned.

- Asking about Draconi in Japan: Ban was handled by CS staff and had nothing to do with the bans that happened while he was in Japan

- BOD books: Kind of got lost on this one.

- Seed pouches: "We're looking into it"

- Pack instinct pets: Not in the plan right now

- How can we be safe in purchasing: Being worked on

- Vet Rewards: Bless Deeds not on the list for Vet Rewards

- Large BODs for shields and Helmets: Whole list of things to work on.

- If you have 10 - 20 Val hammers you're doing something wrong

- Looking for patterns of behaviour, not a specific number of duped items

- Tracking purchased items (transfer tokens): Absolutely

- Something off mic... applause... missed whatever it was

- reiteration of aggro bug: Send in bug report

- New Vet Rewards in Pub 55

- Pub 55 on Test Center next week

- Bags of Sending: An attempt at reducing inflation. 2 major gold sellers went out of business in 48 hours, some people were massively abusing it.

- Increasing co-owners list: need to add to nag list

- Turning in BODs: Not ideal as it is now

- Will see Vet Rewards list early next week with patch notes

- PvP balance in SA: In theory it's supposed to happen in beta. Overpowered templates are not done on purpose.

Questions from Cal:

1. Should Gargoyles be allowed to use Shuriken and Darts via Ninjitsu? "The answer was 'DUH'"

2. Housing in Gargoyle Lands yes or no?

- Missing a bunch here... lots of cross and off-mic talk.

- A question on "virtual" homes (instanced in one location): Not on the short term schedule

- More cross talk on housing

- There is a bug that needs to be fixed to get houses to drop correctly

- Now on to the drawings from WRR

And that looks like that concludes the Town Hall. Adam, I know the question... feel free (same with any other forum peeps)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are talking about SA ...

Confirmed to be for BOTH CLIENTS

IMBUING skill - control over what properties you can enhance an item with

New Garg magic - Mysticism
New Skill - Throwing (weapons)
Garg housing tiles

LIVE STREAM ISSURE GRR!

Sounds like GOBS of new art for SA

Mysticism is complete, ready for QA
Targetting/Target fixes
New map
Talking about integrating Assist with the new SA client
(sounds like the client is like, a client add on for both 2D and KR)
There will be a Dev Diaries and FAQ on the SA website
Gargs will only be able to wear Garg armor from the sounds

Want feedback from players on the need/want for new/more housing space.

There will be power scrolls for new skills.
The new "boss fights" are differnt than champ spawns.
Landmass size (been talking about how much hardware needed to support the new land)

OMG! PvP in the new FACET!

Gargs can fly (mentioned earlier) but dont know if they will be over to go over water yet. still in design. Flight will be like being mounted in, say, PvP combat. Mounted speed, can be "dismounted" back to the ground.

Issue brought up about pets while "flying"

Question about recipes needed for garg armor - did not have answer at this time.

AAAANNNNNDDDD WRR messes up again ....

7th char slot was supposed to be a part of SA.
No new crafter needed, current crafters will be able to make Garg armor.
UI still under construction - looking into adding more skill points to chars.

Delay to flying same as getting on a mount
Needs to check if "flying" takes a control slot.
Stone crafting to have weapons and armor added. Granite being made to stack.

Question for players: should gargs be able to "fly" while stealthing. - Draft specific ideas, thoughts and send to Jeremy via feedback form
Mini polls will be on Herald for such topics.
Made mention of Beta for the expansion/client.

No new "stupid heartwood quests"

Unsure if throwing skill will have consumables like arrows or recoverable.
Sounds like they are undecided about it being a Box in stores, or DL only.

Question regarding how polymorph would behave. Cal writing it down to address it in development.
(new) Armor being Dyable "under consideration"

Jeremy "nagging" for new cloth map.
SA will ship "when ready" and will not give target. Next year, not before christmas.
Need to finish telling the "blackrock story" before deciding if BR will be a "resource"
New Stealables in new lands ... it is Leurocian's baby and he could not make Seattle.
Still talking about doing a PvM balance pass.
Think might have found Thieves Guild bug (stray bit of code)
Gargoyles will have inherent abilities, will be posted on the SA website.
Stone armor being medable will be revealed on the website.

There will be NO SECRETS as things are designed and implemented.
"we would love to update t-map loot to be more current"
Will take into consideration volume discounts for SA

"we are not currently taking sign-ups for [SA] beta"
Comodity deeds will be able to be redeemed in your house.
Already in the process of destroying the OSI owned houses.
Drac will be addressing the Luna Burning houses.

SA client is actually an add on to KR from sounds? But 2D will have complete access to the SA area.

*Weddings - still working on the design for them, they are coming.
*Comma's in vendors (in vendor prices) - is on the list
*2D client screen resolution - don't hold your breath (Mentions Grimm twitching)
*Batch of stackables coming (list should be in next week's FoF
*Randomized Ore/Lumber: with imbuing will make the higher end ore/lumber types EXTREMELY valuable, so this was why they were randomized.
*Will address scripting in more detail at the Austin Town Hall in 2 wks.

*Discussion on counselors system - Cal states they want to bring back BOTH counselors and EM's. Was in the 18 month plan, but has been pushed back.
*granite and sand will be stackable in 56

Trying to find a way to NOT hold players who were uninformed accountable for having bugged/duped items.

BOS will NEVER be changed back - for the sake of the economy

Questions from Leurocian (presented by Cal):

*Should Garg be allowed to use shiruken and darts since they will have the throwing ability (assuming they have ninjitsu)? (but noted throwing is for everyone?! hmmm)
*Should there be housing in the Gargoyle lands?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like it ... ooooh... artificing!

edit: perhaps there's a bit of a jargon gap - sounds now more like they're talking about a big SA patch to both clients?

R

ravenwaves

Soooo.... WoW's enchanting. That I suggested years ago to help use up worthless magic items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh boy... maybe they had a bet on to see if they could formulate a client that was an even greater failure...

D

DeadMeat

OK.. They keep giving us new skills but I'm still using the same friggin 700 points I started with!! Juggling skills onto and off-of soulstones is getting to be a pain. I might just drop a warrior and make 2 crafters to handle it all.

K

kennykilleduo

One day we have been waiting for a long time , and WRR is a mess... :coco:

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too bad it is so choped up but what i heard sounded ok, as long as i can just log in a nd play like i have for years i am fine with whater ever they do....

R

ravenwaves

complain more about a free service. You should have gone in person if you couldn't accept technical difficulties

C

Caelas

Exactly...way to drop the ball WRR. Biggest announcement in 3 years, and the feed is CRAP

C

Caelas

complain more about a free service. You should have gone in person if you couldn't accept technical difficulties
Maybe WRR should make sure their equipment works before advertising to the whole UO World...:coco:

C

Ceridwen

I heard it as well. new client coming!?!
A new WHAT?
... after 3D was a flop, KR was a flop... now another new client? :/ Why always new stuff.... *sighs*

Ah well, imbuing sounds interesting (no real clue what it means though, since the translation makes it a bit unclear)... and my hon and I were just talking about SA not being able to be just for KR. :D

Just wondering what I should do with my poor little crafter... :/ Too many skills... *ponders*

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems they're putting UOA into the new SA client. Why? I don't want to have to buy a third party game to play it, urgh!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A new WHAT?
... after 3D was a flop, KR was a flop... now another new client? :/ Why always new stuff.... *sighs*

Ah well, imbuing sounds interesting (no real clue what it means though, since the translation makes it a bit unclear)... and my hon and I were just talking about SA not being able to be just for KR. :D

Just wondering what I should do with my poor little crafter... :/ Too many skills... *ponders*
Um I think they are talking like a huge overhall of KR to actually "Fix" it. Hopefully this comes out as a Box.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot!!
*does a happy dance*

Thanks Dermott!!

:cheerleader:
*always wanted to use that one!*

C

Ceridwen

Overhaul sounds best, because they don't have the funds for yet another client...
And a box would be great - in shelves would be even greater :) Hon and I always go into game sections, hoping to finally see UO in there again and not just tons of WoW-cr.. uh, stuff.

R

ravenwaves

Maybe WRR should make sure their equipment works before advertising to the whole UO World...:coco:

Oh, sorry, I was under the impression that WRR was a private volunteer run fan radio station that decided to go to the Town Hall and offer a broadcast as a free service for folks that didn't want to have to read a transcript...
No good deed goes unpunished I guess lol

I just can't stand when people complain when someone is doing a favor :(

K

kennykilleduo

too bad it is so choped up but what i heard sounded ok, as long as i can just log in a nd play like i have for years i am fine with whater ever they do....
As far as I know all townhalls have had issues...Worst is when music breaks in..:coco:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Do you want more housing?" == "Do you want cake?"

Hey ... I *like* wandering the uncrowded wilderness :)

ug ... PvP :( ( yeah, yeah, I know ... long suffering ... yadda, yadda ... enjoy :) )

D

DeadMeat

Pleeease someone ask if gargoyl armor can be made by human smiths or tailors?

C

Ceridwen

We have more than enough housing space on most shards... just look at Malas, even on Europa... :/

But WHOOT for Gargoyles not being able to wear human/elven armour! :D

K

kennykilleduo

Please let this be real and not be cancelled , did they say anything about time frames??

J

Jackson

Seems to me like they dont have a whole lot of info about anything.

C

Connor_Graham

I predicted this event would culminate in the release of SA. I'm very glad I was right on this one. If we didn't get an expansion this year it would have been a hard hit below the belt to UO.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I predicted this event would culminate in the release of SA. I'm very glad I was right on this one. If we didn't get an expansion this year it would have been a hard hit below the belt to UO.
Maybe....no one has posted a proposed release date or even time frame however. Spring of next year? Fall? Winter?

So far as I've read there is no indication of when we can expect to see gargoyles or a new dungeons or even whats next for new content.

I'm please to see talk of SA and that it is still a go but I'd like to konw when to request some time off for release. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor, did you hear a release date for this? I missed a bit of it, but I've had no indication that this was happening "soon"

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*blink* anyone else got it on repeat now? Like the last 50 minutes on repeat now?

C

Connor_Graham

Connor, did you hear a release date for this? I missed a bit of it, but I've had no indication that this was happening "soon"
No, I didn't, but that's probably because I'm not listening to it. :D

I've got my little one this weekend so I'm just poking my nose in here every once in a while in between flipping the chicken on the grill and stirring the rice on the stove. I'm guessing we'll see it sometime around the end of October or possibly in November. I'm pretty sure it will be this year and not next.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, I didn't, but that's probably because I'm not listening to it. :D

I've got my little one this weekend so I'm just poking my nose in here every once in a while in between flipping the chicken on the grill and stirring the rice on the stove. I'm guessing we'll see it sometime around the end of October or possibly in November. I'm pretty sure it will be this year and not next.
Right, any time before Christmas would be a good time