• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seattle Town Hall Cliff notes version

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will be short since I have to leave for work in a few so I apologize in advance for the lack of organization. Anybody who was there, please feel free to add or correct this since due to a few bathroom trips and not being able to hear everything interfered sometimes.

Stygian Abyss:
New servers being added to support land mass.
Marketing will only allow them to say that it will be out sometime next year.
A new race:Gargoyles.
They will be able to fly but will NOT be able to ride anything.
New gargoyle armour will be introduced that can be crafted from stone by any race, but will only be able to be worn by gargoyles.
No new runics are in yet at this point tho.
A new land mass with new dungeons, monsters, quests, housing and tiles available, but how they plan on doing the houses, what types pf houses and how placement will be planned isn't finished yet. They said the new land is HUGE! Walking around is not recommended because of its size unless you are a gargoyle and fly across it.
Not sure about whether or not new mounts were mentioned since I was in the back and it was oftentimes difficult to hear.
Increasing stable slots is something they know we want and are looking into it.

Publish 55 will bring in the ability to stack more items. Jeremy said rock and sand are def on the list, but she wasn't sure what else was.

Lots of new content with very nice graphics will be in SA and BOTH 2D users and KR users will be able to play it. There will be a map as well that looks like the real world of SA.

New skills will be introduced such as
Imbuing: adding properties to crafted items (weps only?) and imbuing will also allow us to "unravel" the magic items into their separate components and
Throwing: not sure what all this entails yet, but I believe Jeremy said could do it mounted at which point us three pvp'ers screamed bloody murder, so that response will be taken back to the devs.
Mysticism: new magic system, didn't catch much about it.
These skills are not gargoyle specific. Will be trainable by all.

Skill cap increases are being looked at.
New magic system for gargoyles.
New weapon system for gargoyles.
New Boss monsters, not sure if they will drop scrolls. From how Jeremy sounded, I doubted it.
New Bosses:
Primeval Lich
Slasher of Veils
The Abyss
Not much was said about any of them.
Ter Mur will be the Gargoyle homeland in the new land mass (Not Ilshenar)

A new SA website will be up next month.

They said marketing WILL be done to draw in old and new players, not sure if they said retail boxes would be on store shelves (couldn't hear)

Other subjects:Lots of BOD issues were discussed, didn't catch most of it.
Having a "Drop All" option in BOD books and Runebooks was a good suggestion for whoever asked about it in my thread requesting questions to ask and they will look into it.
OSI owned and Back to Brit bugged houses : Send Jeremy the location (shard, facet, coords, etc) so they can be brought down. They've only gotten about 75 down so far and she needs more info to get the rest down. They are getting them, slowly but surely, but need to know where they ALL are.
Crashing in KR client is being scrutinized by them.
Status of UO is goooooood!
THEY ARE LOOKING INTO BRINGING BACK EM'S AND COUNSELERS!!!! They are trying to work out the legalities, etc., dunno when they will be back.

Jeremy STRONGLY encourages all players to email her with issues ingame now AND to PLEASE send in bug reports on all issues, such as flagging inappropriately.
She WANTS to hear about these things so she can pass them on to the ppl who fix the problems and nag them.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill cap increase? Oh Hell NO!!! If that goes in my account will never hit 11 years. That is maby one thing that could forever cripple the balance of the game/PvP.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill cap increase? Oh Hell NO!!! If that goes in my account will never hit 11 years. That is maby one thing that could forever cripple the balance of the game/PvP.
Not if the cap involved trade skill only. With the exception of scribe and lumberjack and so forth...

I am sure they could make it work without making the tragic drama called pvp worse.:)

E

Eslake

How would increasing the skill cap unbalance PvP (more than it is now) when you and your opponent BOTH get the increase? That doesn't make any sense.

It would Improve balance since it would lessen the severity of the inbalance of +20 cap for veterans over new players.

Besides, any cap increase of less than 80 points would promote more template diversity.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the list. :) Did you have fun?
YW, and yes I had fun......they make good drinks in the bar, lol.

One thing I forgot to mention was that there WILL be places in the new land for PvP so reds can go into certain areas.

R

RenaLynne

Thanks for writing that up...I was glad to hear that they were taking so much feedback from players and answering a lot of questions. Even if it was only to say "we dont know yet" at least we can understand where they are with everything.

A

AesSedai

- Thx for the Cliff Notes, Experimental

Question:
When they mentioned that SA would be playable in both 2D and KR,
did they mention, or did anyone further question them as to whether 2D would have 100% of the access to areas that KR will?

(iirc, 2D was always going to have access to 2D but just not to 100% of it)

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Thx for the Cliff Notes, Experimental

Question:
When they mentioned that SA would be playable in both 2D and KR,
did they mention, or did anyone further question them as to whether 2D would have 100% of the access to areas that KR will?

(iirc, 2D was always going to have access to 2D but just not to 100% of it)
No one posed that question, but Cal did not mention any limitations for the 2D players............cept something about a fear of bodily harm if we couldn't play it or something along that order :)