• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Season's Greetings, all...share yer loot!

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

Did you receive your heart's desire, or a surprise equivalent? Were you able to share your holiday with those whom you love, or at least communicate with them from afar? What boon did the season bring to you?

I was fortunate, and was (still am, actually *nervously*) surrounded by family members from near and far who traveled to stay at my home for an extended holiday. Quite festive, and very crowded...but hey, it makes for easier targets during Wrapping Paper Wars. *coughs*

As far as loot goes...hmm. Once more, I did not receive the violin lessons that I have had at the top of my Wish List for the past several years, but I did get DSL (installed and paid for by another!), THREE books on Pirates, a book on Ancient Maps, an ancient map calendar, an incredible book from Ireland (in English and Gaelic), a beautiful scarf from Kildare, Irish Whiskey fudge (heh heh), Christmas ornaments from Wharton University, a complete rotary tool set (to use in creating my new line, this coming year), the first season of Frasier on DVD (nice, since I've had no access to television for the past couple of years), The Last of the Mohicans (umm...my third copy now, but I didn't mention that to the giver), a Pirate movie that I haven't seen yet (The Island?) and other assorted goodies and treats and hugs and warm spirits.

I was also visited by elves from my past...when I returned home from one shopping expedition, it was to find that my home had been visited by my former neighbors during my absence--who had left a 20-pound turkey, a Christmas tree and a bag full of gifts on my steps! My jaw dropped. I already had a turkey thawing in the kitchen, and my tree had been up for some time, but this...wow. So very warm and wonderful of them. It rather summed up the season, for me. :)

So...what has the season brought for you, so far? :)

P

Peaches

Well, santa wasn't so nice yesterday, last night actually, he gave me a kidney stone. But , Christmas morning, he was very very nice. I got a Nintendo Cube with the game Animal Crossings. Haven't been able to play it yet, but will soon, I hope anyway.

A dear friend of mine in UO, sent me a vermont made teddy bear, with sunglasses on. He is totally awesome, both, actually, the sender and the bear. Heh

T

The_Traveler

And I just knew you were going to say:
And somebody left me Capt. Jack Sparrow under my tree!

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I didn't ask for much. So I didn't get much. Next year I'll ask for everything.
1 - Battlefield 1942
2 - Once upon a knight (a game where the economy is based on cows)
3 - The Clive Cussler novel
4 - Box of choclates
5 - Dolphin pendant (the animal, not the team)
6 - Phone call from my son
7 - My brother surprised me for a visit. He was "supposed" to be in Cincinnati, but showed up at my home in Florida.

Decent Christmas. The best gift is yet to come though. Saturday I go pick my son up so he can spend a week here with me.

T

tazzi523

WOW Dor you made out! Tis a good season for you.

I got quite a few things, the one most beautifal present that I received was from my husband and it is a diamond ring. He has never bought me jewerely before(well exept wedding band and egagement ring), but this year he did. Its sooo pretty. Its not just a one diamond ring its has about 11 small round ones in it and is shaped like the top of a heart. Did i metion is was soooo pretty? I absolutely love it!

My mother in law also bought us alot of DVDs we wanted, a carpet cleaner, which we needed.
It was a nice christmas besides me coming down with the flu on Christmas day, and its still hanging on as I sit here at work. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

I hope every one had a nice one! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

Moradin of LS

Happy Holidays. What I received was the joy of watching my 3 year old on Christmas. She was so excited about everthing she received and did not care that Santa didn't bring what she asked for. I also received one other priceless gift. Photos of when I was growing up many which I thought I would never see again due to a house fire when I was a child. I got to show my wife and children pictures of my grandparents.

E

Elyssar

I did very well this year, I must have been extra nice! I got some of your standard fare like socks and a coat for work, but also some super things.

My biggest surprise was christmas eve when my boyfriend logged into a strange UO account into a strange europa house and turned and told me it was now mine. (After listening to months of my moaning that I wished I had a larger europa house.) So that was an awesome surprise! He also gave me WarCraft 2 and 3 and a just beautiful woodart painting.

C

cherub

well i did do pretty good and all , even after what i tryed to do christmas eve.

every year i grab the ladder out from the shed and make the trek up to the house, where i climb onto the roof with a lawn chair, 2 warm blankets , thermo full of hot soup , and some christmas cookies., i do this right at dusk and wait.
and wait, and wait., did i mention i carryed a 12gauge shotgun with me ? ahhhhh, yes, i waited till about 2am and there he was., comming into my area, i watched very quietly as santa with his slay full of goodies from house to house,,,,,,, just sitting there as quietly as i could, santa started to make his landing approach, just as he started to land,,, *BANG, BANG, BANG* got off 6 shots wounding 3 raindeer, and falling to the ground falls a semi large sack. making a 2nd pass at my house, he beans me with a fruit cake gift, which gives me a horable headache, taking 3 more shots at his slay , i hit the left runner , destorying the back part , and putting an hole in the back rest of the slay...

ahhhhhhhh~! another good christmas ! with loads of presents for me!!!!

4dvds, red underware,* wonders who that was for*, 3 ps2games, pencil sharper, LOL 3 different sizes of pants and shirts, and what do i see here,, an christmas card full of money...........

now if only i could take out that dreaded raindeer, i could have a feast to boot!.....

as he made his get a way from the house, i yell, ho, ho , ho! and have a good night! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

"And somebody left me Capt. Jack Sparrow under my tree!"

Ohhh...I wish! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

*rubs hands together*

G

Greatfellow

Okay, I need to reply to Dor, but dang if your cruel story didn't make me laugh enough to say, "Thanks?" for sharing it. heheh. Sick. Just sick.

G

Greatfellow

Dor, you must have lots of peeps that love you! And is that the first broadband internet for you? Cause if so, you're going to be loving it.

I got a ceramic rooster for christmas. Yup. I got other cool stuff, but the rooster was meant for my kitchen, which I've painted YELLOW. Someone got me a rooster clock, too. I got these things because I bought a rooster picture about a year ago, which looks cool in my kitchen, kind of 1700's looking picture, and because i unthinkingly bought a very colorful rooster statue to set off my YELLOW kitchen. *shakes head* All of a sudden people saw the two rooster things and said, "Oh, you collect roosters!"

So, I unwrapped my ceramic rooster, which is beautiful, and said thanks. Then i unwrapped my rooster clock and said thanks. Then I just said to all fourteen people opening presents with me, "Okay folks, I now have all the roosters I'll ever need or want for my rooster collection for the Rest Of My Life." Then I said thanks, and hoped that I was done getting presents for the day.

But I digress. I really called to say that I'm glad your friends, family and neighbors treated you so well, and that no doubt you deserve all of that and violin lessons too.

S

ShotgunGenny

Clothes, money (gonna use it to help pay for school books most likely), and a DVD of the movie Blazing Saddles..

G

I got my boyfriend a home entertainment system DVD Surround sound the whole 9 yards. He seems to love it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
He is in the process of finishing up with my gift from him which is a total computer overhaul. New sound cards, vid cards, motherboard, the whole nine yards there as well.
I CANNOT WAIT untill it is done!
I think we both made out pretty good this year /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
Santa was good to us... guess we weren't as rotten as we thought /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

E

EricOfRhavyn

The only thing I got was a copy of Pirates of the Caribean. Was a poor Christmas/Yule indeed this year...

Oh yeah, me and my lovely lady went on a Cruise to Cozamel at the beginning of December. That was sort of our Yule/5th year anniversary/Both Birthday thing so maybe I should count that...

M

Mekere

Christmas was nice.
I received 3 different kinds of perfume, clothes, Ann Rice's 2 new books, Blood Canticle, from her Vampire Chronicles series and Blackwood Farm, a book merging the Mayfair Witches and The Vampire Chronicles.
A few various scented candles from my 11 year old daughter and almost 3 year old son.

Also, hubby made me an appointment to get a remote control starter put on my car, not a very romantic gift but I will love it when I can start my car up from inside when it is freezing outside and have it nice and warm inside when I leave for classes and when it is the middle of summer to cool it off so it's not a bake oven when I get in it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Also got cash and some nice Steelers collectors items and memorabilia that will be worth something one day. One of which is a large wood plaque picture (numbered) of the original Steelers Stadium (before demolition) with a piece of the original astroturf fixed to it and some large bobbleheads (LOL!) but they are of retired players or players from the 70's like Jack Ham and Mean Joe Green there are two others that I can't think of the names right now.

Anyhow this Christmas was a good one. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
The most enjoyable part of it was watching my 2 kids open their presents and how excited they were with everything.

G

Well in order to SHARE my loot, I would have to sneeze on everyone. SANTA brung me the flu on DEC. 23rd and I still fighting that mess. But far be it from me to be stingy, I would glady offer this messy flu to anyone whom wishes to take it from my weary bones. And hubby got it also. . therefore one wonderous ham dinner sits there in the frig. and we havent been able to eat any of it cept the cranberry sauce bout all that stays down.

Actually Dec. was horrid cuz the entire first part of it was my being power of attorney AGAIN for my mom in the ER at a hospital up north. . and my fighting their lameness over HIPA laws yet violating moms power of attorney and her rights to have what she wanted and INFORMING me properly was sadly lacking this go round..might be a big law suit come the new year. Lawyer will get back with me after his holiday break. So my mom got out of the hospital 12/23 when I finally got a break from the legal hassles got the flu soooo hrmm no let up on my STRESS BAH.

Course I think I would have rather been gifted with influenza from hell than a kidney stone ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif Poor dear.

But due to many bouts with flu and junk past year or so, when hubby asked me what I wanted I said I wanted something highend WARM for all the shivers I been getting. Got really sick last spring too and shivered no matter how many layers of stuffs I had on I was still cold. SO he heard me ! HE got me all this wonderous stuff from sporting goods companies kinda like combos of velour and more that one could either go deer hunting in or sleep in haha whichever its THAT heavy veloury and layered and soft comfy etc. Kinda like joggin fleece jogging sets, but way way better warmer and better lookin and well lots pricier too. He got me 4 sets of em, plus shirts and pjs and more. I was shiverin with this new flu and he gave me one pack to unwrap early and said .."here put this on /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif " ah it was a wonderous burgundy wonder soft WARM WARM outfit ..stopped the shivers for sure !! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Aside from that stuffs got a box full of jams jellies and cookies from my son and future daughter in law and a pet stuffed lobster..well its their 'east coast' thing.:)

Daughter got me my fix of CHER ! When she was here in april we watched the Cher farewell tour on tv. WELL I had mentioned then that CD would be a fine cd to own for a keepsake. SO she got me the DVD movie of it and the cd to play too for christmas. I have always liked Cher, kinda identify with her and her style in me own self hehe albeit I am younger. ANYHOW when she did that funny famous line of hers, in the farewell concert well I said it in game as QZ as a vet UO player & RPLING QUEEN to some young upstarts in UO, cher's line of 'follow this u b*** hehe. THE whole dvd *movie* of the concert ups my flu ridden mood I guess ! And Cher is good for *Grand ENTRANCES and grand exits..with diva class * hehe and one should always make a grand entrance..to enable the grandest of ..exits hehe ! FIGURE when I leave UO be bout same way..with queenly GRANDIOUSITY HAHA

Youngest daughter didnt get us squat, cuz she is broke but that is ok, we didnt get her much either /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif SHE OWES us like 5k haha ! NOT like we havent given her a ton of stuff whilst she a starving university student ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I am just GLAD its over with.. still sick with my christmas flu and personally 2003 was the pits, so I am ready for the NEW YEAR it HAS to be better *yeh sure aha! *

Oh yes haha *edit* forgot to mention we got our yearly calendar from Montana from his sister ......yay..and my brother in law sent me a CHEESEHEAD and several Green Bay Packer wooly hats and scarves..so I be good to go in packers stuffs for another year ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

SO when ya try to envision the RL me playing QZ character in UO justpicture CHER in her coolest sexy outfits..wearing a CHEESEHEAD with a flannel velour shirt atop it all to keep warm haha yep ya got it picture it now..yes that IS rl ME haha ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif scary vision isnt it ?? haha *sneezes exits* /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

silvertooth

Other than the traditional check from my grandmother, I don't think I got ANYTHING, lol. We're not big on Christmas round here. I did however, get a nice sword as a gift from a UO friend. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

J

jat

Well I got a lovely gift set of White Diamonds perfume. It is wonderful! It has the HUGE perfume, a small purse size, a body wash and a lotion. That's all for now but, my son has just informed me that he went shopping for me. Picking him up later today from his dads. I will report back after I get him home. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ahh, but Pirates of the Caribbean is the gift that keeps on giving! :)

Since that movie was released on DVD, I basically played it on an endless loop--it creates the perfect ambience when I am painting Things Piratical.

I estimate that that I have 'seen' it (can't really watch whilst painting, mainly listen) some 40 or 50 times by now...and I am still not tired of it. Now, that's a movie!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

If that were my only gift this year, I would be happy indeed. Oddly enough, I did not receive a copy for myself, however...I am still using up a borrowed copy. Heh.

G

Hmph... all I wanted was a cuddle from Dor, but did I get one? NoOOOoooOOo...

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

I got three VERY expensive Japanese chef-quality knives and sharpening tool... irony decided to drop by and visit then and I cut myself... on the cardboard packaging for the knives. Sigh.

I also received a wooden document tube from King Henry VIII's court. It's very spiffy.

I received a number of other very cool bits and peices - DVD's, Art books, more cooking stuff (I like to cook! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif) and so on.

But no Dor cuddles *Sniffles*

Atheryn

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a nice Christmas this year. My Wife and I bought a PlayStation 2 a couple of weeks before Christmas, so naturally, the major presents we got for eachother were games to play. My Wife gave me a game that I'd had my eye on, "Fatal Frame 2" - I really love it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif The only thing is though, it's a very creepy game, which I am only willing to play during the daytime. I don't dare play it at night, unless I want to have nightmares /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif But never-the-less, it is an awesome game and it definitely fills the entertainment gap left by UO. (Let's just say that I've recently outgrown UO - at least, I've grown bored with the current state of UO, with the bugs and item-based gameplay etc.)

In addition to the PS2 game, I got some new pajamas, a 2004 Tolkien calendar, an "I love toxic waste" t-shirt (like the one Val Kilmer wears in "Real Genius"), a "Birds of New Zealand" 2004 calendar from my Mum back in NZ, a set of NZ Post Lord of the Rings: Return of the King collectible stamps from my sister back in NZ, as well as a few other knick-knacks.

It was a really nice Christmas this year, and I really enjoyed spending it with my Wife. Although I really loved all of the presents I received, I think the part of Christmas Day I enjoyed the most was when I surprised my Wife with her main present. You see, I'm a very sneaky gift-giver when it comes to my Wife - I like to give her the impression I'm getting one thing (as if that's the best I can afford), when I'm actually getting something else that I know she'll like a lot more. She recently borrowed Final Fantasy X from her cousin and has been playing it a lot on our new PS2 console - she asked me to buy a copy of it for her to own (she likes to re-play games over time). But to her surprise, I actually got her the sequel, Final Fantasy X-2, along with the playguide booklet. She was thrilled when she unwrapped it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif And that really made my day /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif