• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Searching for some interest

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to restart a Legends "reader/newspaper" (like Legends Magazine if anyone remembers that). Found some interest in it and some help but very little. So thought I'd ask here before giving up.

Anyone interested in reading one?
Anyone interested in helping out?

And it needs a new name. 1 mill UO gold to the one whos name is chosen. You can submit the name in a pm, just give your character name and the new "reader" name. Maximum of 15 letters. One name per account please.

The 1 mill will be awarded whether or not the "reader" makes a debut.

D

Dakotawinds

Totally enjoyed the magazine so looking forward to the newspaper as well. Let me know how I can help.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I'm very interested in it as well as Darri, I might even be able to contribute in some way or another either providing a link for a UO Comic that I will create to publish in the book or maybe a short story something like that :).

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like it. I think i got my off the newstand (vendor) cant remember. LOL

BTW, sent a pm too

Luc

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... thank you for yours posts but Ive decided against it. Ill throw the names anonymously to a 3rd party to pick one and award the 1 mil. Thanks to my wife Avi Dragoneye for donating the gold. And to Danse Macabre who has already submitted an excellent story, maybe she will share here. Thanks to the rest who have offered help and/or support.
My apologies to those who were interested.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if there could be a section on "Legends of Legends" - characters who may no longer be played, but who, in their day, were keepers of community?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We may be a little slow on submitting things ... it takes a while to get into a rythm.

By the way, speaking of books, I notice there's a most interesting one sitting on the ground in front for WBB ...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pen, as you know I've been scouring the lands searching for a printing press for this project. I've checked with tinkers, woodworkers, bankers..... nobody knows where there might be one .... until this morning :)

cousin Amroth regularly travels to that den of scoundrels, Buccaneer's Den, and this morning he happened to fall into a hole in the ground. He tells me this happens now and then in that place, and he can easily find his way out, but today he stumbled across a dilapidated old machine. He had no idea what it was, but he brought along this painting to me, as he knows I might have an interest in anything old.

It seems we hit the jackpot here, Pen...... she's a bit old and cantankerous, but if you talk sweetly to her and turn the crank gently she produces the loveliest bound books you ever did see :D

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
altho I have never heard of anyone else seeking this type of machinery I disassembled it as soon as I could and brought the sections to Chance's house

........ certainly hope we can get it all back together in the right order :D

S

Synclaire

surely sounds interesting to me, Pen! I'll help anyway I can. Just let me know what u need. :>

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow thanks Dev. I hired a horse team for transport to the workshop whenever you want to reassemble. I knocked out a wall to make room.

And all help is appreciated :).

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I will read it if you post it on stratics. Fo sho.