• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scroll binding SOT's

H

house4saleUO

Whats the point, I thought the whole purpose of the ability to do this, was to make the basically useless scrolls useable. However you can only combine same skill scrolls. So basicly the useless scrolls (camping) are still useless. Come on Devs give us the ability to combine different skill scrolls togeather. That would solve the problem. Just my 1 1/4 cents worth. :twak:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL, Ill agree that these Binders need a serious rework... They are useless as is... The amount needed needs to be lowered back AT LEAST to what it was before implementation.

But what your suggesting is NOT in any way a good idea. No way should people be able to combine what ever low end scrolls they want to get a good high end scroll. Sorry bud, but this is a horrible idea!

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree. They were not implemented in order to recycle scrolls in "useless" skills into scrolls in "useful" skills. This would destroy completely the way people train skills.

If you find a skill useless (and I have more or less the same opinion on camping), it is actually to the Devs to make that skill useful, like they did with armslore adding a bonus on crafters.

Scroll binding is a good solution for scroll storage and gives a use to low level scrolls. It will alos be somethign very good for scroll vendors.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A skills thats useless for you might not be useless for me. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Anyway i think scroll binders are fine. They are in game to make 105-115 a bit more valuable. For years everyone just tossed the 105-115 scrolls on the gound, i have personly throwed away thousands of scrolls since they were of no use for me.
Now on the other hand i save them and turn them into 120's. It works fine as it is and i dont hink they should lower the amount of scrolls needed.

And when it comes to sots it was more of a storage issue, it took up huge storage space as it was before. Now its easier to sell and takes up much less storage.

Come on Devs give us the ability to combine different skill scrolls togeather. That would solve the problem
Thats a really silly idea that i really hope that they never even think about tbh.

It works fine as it is.

my 2 dollars worth

S

Slim29

The new binders are awesome. I already have some plans in the works for them, although I'm not sharing my ideas yet or they would probably get nerfed in the next publish. They will make life easier for spawners at so many levels, and they will add a new dimension of revenue for the crafters that make them. Overall, the improvements in this expansion get a triple thumbs up from me.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the Scroll Binder says Error (TID): Provided Token Out of Range does that mean it's broken? I guess they never finished it properly :/

Also, once you add all the skills you want, how do you release it to use on a char? Just target your char?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did you get the error?

You keep adding scrolls until the required total points of SoT have been added, then it automagically transforms into the next higher tier of scroll. Like a BOD, once you've started adding things, they're gone.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to add a few Detect Hidden scrolls together, and the first one I targeted gave me that error.

L

Lilweezybaby

I added 4.5 points of alchemy onto a scroll binder and it turned the skill points into anatomy points...i wasnt too happy..but maybe a bug? def didn't mean to do it at all lol